• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Feelers: What Do You Really Think About Thinkers?

dani_elle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thinkers are a-okay in my book.

Thankfully, I know a few who view my frivolity (YES I AM FRIVOLOUS, IS IT SO WRONG?) as something entertaining (I don't mind being a clown.) instead of treating it like I have some head disease. (which I may have anyway!)

That being said, it can be pretty hard to explain to them why people act a certain way because simply they won't get it. Which is a lil frustrating. :yes: Sometimes, rationale just won't work that way cos the way humans act just aren't rational. Sometimes, I wish some of the stubborn ones would at least be open to accept different forms of understanding, but what the hey, if they don't want to, noone can force them!

One thing about thinkers: I rarely share feelings with them IRL. Some of them apparently find this frustrating. :huh:

Shadow1969

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2, 9
As an ENFJ that frequently makes decisions with very little forethought, T's opinions on my actions are invaluable. I can appreciate almost any T unless they are too extreme. I once had an extreme T friend who responded to my emotions with: "I don't even know how to respond to this." It was bizarre and hurt my feelings at the time, but it makes me laugh now. :) Silly T's...

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Very currently: I don't think they should allow simulated world to be their spokesperson. :laugh:

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
they fascinate me. Or really irritate me. Tends to be one or the other.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Thinkers are so much easier to be around and talk to than feelers imo. Thinkers usually just say whatever is, and you don't have to wonder rather or not there is something behind it all that they aren't disclosing.

Cheers to thinkers.:cheers:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I like thinkers. I'm attracted to men who are thinkers.

Some of them get the hell on my nerves, though, because they get locked into rational mode.

I like individuals, you know, whether they're thinkers or feelers. It's really about who the person is as an individual.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
We are all people.
The preference of function does not affect who I like.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
As an ENFJ that frequently makes decisions with very little forethought, T's opinions on my actions are invaluable. I can appreciate almost any T unless they are too extreme. I once had an extreme T friend who responded to my emotions with: "I don't even know how to respond to this." It was bizarre and hurt my feelings at the time, but it makes me laugh now. :) Silly T's...

Wow, thats much nicer than the "your feelings are wrong" or the "your feelings are stupid" or the "your so stupid" that I've overheard before...

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Witty, smart, arrogant, think they are always right, focused and insensitive bastards.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
When I was at my psychologically unhealthiest, I was acting in some ways T-like. I think it was due to having an unfit Fi -- sort of like if someone were born with great bodybuilding potential, except for being in too much pain to ever lift anything heavier than a pencil -- so my Te had to pick up a lot of slack. It wasn't actually the same as being a T, but still, certain T-ish quirks tend to bring back painful memories of how I used to be.

Last edited:

Tropics

MBTI Type
INFP
I can tolerate them to a point and no more. They do stimulate my mind but after a while I find I'm exhausted. They can get on their high horses because they think they are always right, their emotional outbursts are just WEIRD to me and well some of them seem a little too "cold" for my tastes. I prefer to be around other feelers with gentler personalities.

Nyx

I love NTs.
I get along well with other Ts on an acquaintance level. I suppose it's due to the INFJs knack for being amiable and relatable with everyone. It's nice to talk to different people, there is something to appreciate or relate to with most.

Speaking only of NTs they are overall great. I need them in my life. I can relate to them quite well. At times they can get frustrating with their over use of logic to rationalize everything (especially in regards to emotions or relationships). What I love most about them is their minds. They are great to talk and theorize with. When talking to an NT we can bring our discussion full circle because I am an NF. Great perspective for both. If I were going to have a deeper, possibly romantic connection this T needs to be balanced with F. Otherwise, it will never work. I need the intellectual as well as an emotional/spiritual element.

My best friends are all NTs. Two ENTPs. I have a few other good friends who are also NTs. Two INTJs and an ENTJ. I have never had a friendship with an INTP but I think I would love them.

My ENTP friend and I coined a term for when one of our friends has a slightly awkward, unusually intense, almost child-like outburst of emotion. We call them "NT freak outs". It is usually something to the effect of either a)they came to a realization they can't grapple with b) something they cannot logically rationalize at that moment c) they in that moment cannot grapple with the complexity of life/world/universe. Mind you these "freak outs" are seldom and not too drawn out. Anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or so. I can relate a lot to these though my ...err... "NF freak outs" would be more along the lines of "I cannot tolerate/understand/cope with the unfairness/cruelty of human/the world." b) the emotional currents/ haunting/ disturbing thoughts of my depths are being stirred and it's causing me pain c) I cannot grapple with the complexity of life ... both "freak outs" follow a similar format.

I asked several of my NT friends if they ever great extremely upset about the state of the world in regards to what is happening to people. They all said no. That is not what upset them as much as not being about to have ultimate proof, ultimate truth (I agree with this as well though). Many grapple with the idea of nihilism and in their unhealthy states delve into it. I guess it's my NFness, while I see why nihilism could be entirely possible, my overriding Ni tell me this is not true. I only become disturbed when I here one of my friends talking about it. It sends this hard to describe wave of feeling through my gut as I contemplate it in that moment. Fundamentally, I cannot live my life that way. I think that NTs are the most prone to this way of thinking.

When it comes down to it, Ts are the greatest as long as they keep it in check.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're adorable when emotionally lost :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think they are great, but that's just my opinion. :wubbie:

mangos

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6&2
Thinking types can be pretty awesome because I can criticize them or cry or ream them out when I have one of my outbursts, and they're just like, "ok..." and then they get over it in five minutes or, better yet, they try to actually fix the problem. They don't cry or counter-flip-out and hold a grudge about it for the next bajillion years. Also, you don't have to worry that they've been secretly pissed at you for the past month and were too wussy to actually tell you--no eggshell walking. Plus, NT's are some of the most interesting people to talk to.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I have a deep respect for them, and tend to simultaneously wish I was more like them and thank my lucky stars I'm not. Some of my favorite people in the world are thinkers. As a trekkie child, I had a crush on Data, and thus began the love affair. :wubbie:

I think they all have a very gooey inside and secret wish to be hugged.

Happyman

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
ENTPs and INTPs are among my favourite types. So, there, you have it. ;)

PS There's still time to change the name of the thread to:
Feelers: What Do You Really Think Feel About Thinkers? :D

Goatman455

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I wish we had a Feelers private forum so the SF could reply on this thread but we don't so...

Anyway, what do the folks here in the NF private forum really think about Thinkers?

I respect them for their T, but enjoy my strengths at being an F. I think Ts and Fs are good mixes together personally, (cheesy NF moment coming) they can learn from each other.