• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJs do ESFPs set you off?

invaderzim

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. I read on the socionics site the ESfps are supervisors to INFjs...so perhaps this is the problem.
I'm wondering if type relations are creating the annoyance?
I swear I want to take this person out.
So what have been your experiences?

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just the opposite, I get along with ESFPs very well

invaderzim

MBTI Type
INFJ
dang it, its personal.
i guess this means i'll be outlining my plans for revenge (errr...poetic justice).
i didn't want it to come to this:dry:

Lightyear

I tend not to be particularly close to them (since in general they don't get me at all) but I like them and get along well with them. I love the Fi, it works as some kind of a bridge since at least emotionally we sometimes understand each other.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My INFJ best friend tends to get thrown off by ESXP types, since he doesn't really "get" them, and they don't "get" him. When they conflict with each other it's particularly bad I've noticed. The inferior Ni conflicting with dominant Ni and inferior Se conflicting with dominant Se can be difficult, I need not say more.

However, my friend got along very well with my cousin (ESFP male). They could relate hobby wise though, and I think that it was pretty beneficial for both of them.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Going by socionics, I could see how INFjs are put off by ESFps because of vulnerable Se in INFj, but ESFP should find a decent amount of similarity in INFj. Hence, the supervisor relation.
I would think this means that INFj tend to feel somewhat inferior to ESFp, whether or not they got along because ESFp clearly understands and is inclined to "correct" an INFj in a way that makes INFj feel somewhat defenseless.

sade

I get along with them. There aren't major conflicts nor annoyances, I just don't connect with them that well. Currently I've been hanging out in a group where this one ESFP girl who keeps telling me that I'm strange/weird/crazy but in a good way. It hasn't annoyed me yet.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thudding, nearly meaningless emotion yay!
slimer.jpg

invaderzim

MBTI Type
INFJ
The inferior Ni conflicting with dominant Ni and inferior Se conflicting with dominant Se can be difficult, I need not say more.

Yes! I think this is correct. When I'm trying to "connect", he thinks I'm showing off. And when he talks I think he's materialistic and rude.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tend not to be particularly close to them (since in general they don't get me at all) but I like them and get along well with them. I love the Fi, it works as some kind of a bridge since at least emotionally we sometimes understand each other.

This.

There is a mutual distrust/dislike on the Ni-Se front, but nothing explosive. I have ESFP friends and we get along well, on a surface level.

invaderzim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thanks goodstain. i've met cool esfps (i think). its difficult to tell. sadly, I only type people when they've done something I don't agree with, which probably isn't a good strategy. The post has more to do with a single person than an entire group.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. I read on the socionics site the ESfps are supervisors to INFjs...so perhaps this is the problem.
I'm wondering if type relations are creating the annoyance?
I swear I want to take this person out.
So what have been your experiences?

well it appears that you are INFX, so as an INFP i can tell you, that i get along fine with ESFPs, even if i don't really feel that they understand me.

but it seems that you feel the same way about ESFPs as i do about every single ESTP that i know (god i hate them)

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I like some ESFPs a lot, and others I don't really get them. It's pretty much like most personality types.

But what I like is how accepting they are, I don't usually feel like I'm being judged by them. They recognize my talents and abilities and are complimentary which is always nice. They are also usually friendly and sweet. That's female ones though. They will joke about almost anything, and while it seems overwhelming at first, you kind of learn that there is humor in a lot of things. They like to draw attention to themselves by acting in various ways, but I don't mind it because I feel it is a sincere attempt to make people happy, not simply to make people think they're great (although they do care what people think a lot). Many of them will give everyone a chance to be their friend.

Male ESFPs, not sure how common they are compared to females, can be good friends also. One of my male ESFP friends is one of those really outgoing guys who befriends everyone. People like him because he's just a genuinely nice person to pretty much everybody. He's the kind of guy who would go to a party and make people laugh with outbursts of energy and funny faces.

All in all I think ESFPs can make good friends for INFJs provided their personalities are well-developed. Maybe the ESFP you can't stand is just a jerk, and jerks come in all types. Since the outer letters are opposites, I find there is often some kind of mutual intrigue/attraction between the two types. However, the problem arises when the INFJ, an idealist by nature, will probably not understand the ESFP's need to constantly live in the present moment, constantly be surrounded by people and not plan for the future. Likewise, the ESFP will need to forgive the INFJ's tendency to want to idealize them, their need for more space and their desire to rely chiefly on their intuition. So the second letter difference probably is what causes problems between the two types in most cases. But the Fi/Fe connection is really good.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is not a great amount in common but I don't have issues with ESFPs. (IMO- INFJs are INFPs in socionics terms so ESFP would play a different role in our interaction.) The only types I consistently don't like being around are ESxJs.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In general, I find that I get along well with ESFPs.

Nyota

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
My bestfriend of 3 years is an esfp. She drives me UP A WALL at times and knows exactly which buttons to push to piss me off. However, she helps me see life in a simpler, more beautiful way. She is also the first person I go to if I need advice.
I think the E--P of her personality brings out the fun, extroverted me. She questions things that I say, without limitations. This is sometimes annoying, but mostly it helps me sort through my thoughts/feelings.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
ESxPs types are so much fun! The key is allowing yourselves (both the INFJ and the ESFP) to embrace, rather than fight, the inferior function. Once that happens, it's a blast :D

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My ESFP roommate recently stepped over the line with me. Been living with him and his ESTP girlfriend for almost a year now. I've spent a LOT of my own time cleaning up after their messes. Including the two-day cleaning marathon that I did when I first moved in, done because they hadn't bothered cleaning anything for MONTHS. (When your toothbrush has adhered to the bathroom counter-top, it's time to clean, folks.)

Last week, he told me that I wasn't pulling my own in the cleaning department, and then called me a child. When I sent him a grocery list off all the crap of his that I have cleaned over the last year -- he fucking LOST IT. The next day he cornered me and yelled, "YOU INSULTED ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND!!" When I told him he insulted me by calling me a child in the email, he could only muster, "THAT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE A CHILD!" and then proceeded to call me a child over and over again.

When I got home from work that night, he had tacked a note on the bathroom door, basically telling me the bathroom fan had to be left on, because he had painted the ceiling in the bathroom and it "needed to dry." Never mind the fan in the bathroom would do nothing to help the paint dry. Never mind that the fan is LOUD AS HELL, and it rattles the wall next to my bed and wakes me up when it's on. Passive-aggression at its finest. AND I'M THE CHILD.

Needless to say, I'm moving out. I told this to the ESTP and her response?

"I accept your one-month notice."

Like hell. Nice attempt to weasel another month's rent out of me.

So, do ESFP's set me off? Well, this one does, and how. I would not be willing to base my opinions of all ESFPs off of him, though.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
To be fair, fighting between room-mates (of all personality types) is more than common.

I once had a roommate who didn't know how to flush the toilet after taking a sh!t (I wish I were kidding). Not sure what type he was, but it was either ESTJ or ESTP.