• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Do INFJs need a "hobby"? If so, what???

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
People tell me I'm too nice. :cry:

Too nice and weird are not far away from each other an infj told me once :D

Dont ask me what it means so, I dont get it myself

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My new hobby is baiting ENPs.
So fun.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
My new hobby is baiting ENPs.
So fun.

All INFJ's like this. It's a type of flirting and closeness. They can let out some of their natural INFJ mean-ness, but in a way where no one gets hurt. Because they secretly like to get a rise out of people, especially if they know it will be taken in stride. And, we ENTP's take all of life in stride.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
All INFJ's like this. It's a type of flirting and closeness. They can let out some of their natural INFJ awesome-ness, but in a way where no one gets hurt. Because they secretly like to get a rise out of people, especially if they know it will be taken in stride. And, we ENTP's take all of life in stride.

Fixed :D
S'ok synny-poo, people make mistakes but like you said:

And, we ENTP's take all of life in stride.

:D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ouh my, you got a lot to learn young Skywalker, a lot to learn :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
1:0 for you, wait for the counterattack, it'll come I promise ;)

blargsauce

MBTI Type
INFJ
When I start a hobby (or anything that interests me), it becomes my life. As a child, when I learned how to do flips on gym rings, I loved it so much that I just kept doing it over and over again, and eventually tired myself out, fell, and broke my arm. In high school, I became obsessed with drumming, so I would practice 6 hours a day after school. Now I've become consumed with improvised theater/comedy, so I spend most of my free time practicing, performing, or watching shows. I have many other interests that I explore from time to time (singing, drawing, sculpting, programming, weightlifting, composing, playing guitar, writing, and on and on...), but those become secondary once I find a hobby that I've become obsessed with. I know it's weird and seemingly addictive behavior, but it's how I get my release. I get really stressed out if I can't throw myself into something creative that I can just focus on for several hours without worrying about anything else. If I only spend 15 minutes a day doing something (or spend time doing many different things), I don't ever get that feeling of accomplishment. Drawing from other posts, I don't think my behavior is definitive of INFJs. But for me, my creative hobbies become my "cause." Hobbies are a very serious thing!

amelie

MBTI Type
XNFJ
I tend to do things in bursts, becoming obsessive over whatever I'm interested in at the moment, like others have said. I do have a couple of enduring hobbies, both of which have to do with people/relationships - photography (usually of my kids, always of people), and books.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Hobbies tend to be my lifeline...they keep me from dwelling too much in the land of abstract thought and emotion, especially during postpartum phases (I'm a mom of 3). Somehow, working with my hands tends to ground me and bring me back into my own body. I'm creative on a need basis. When my thoughts start getting too bleak, I make myself do something, anything else for a while but think about serious things.

I recycle junk, sew, make cards, paint things, keep an herb garden, cook exotic food, re-purpose things, write, sing, exercise...these things keep me on planet earth, and out of the heads of others. :)

Virginia69

My hobby is not similar to yours. However, I like to collect different type of Japanese Kabuki masks. They come from the ancient Japanese mythology. It was weared by the Japanese warriors to frighten their enemies.