• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs - what do you study/do?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm majoring in Fine & Performing Arts - musical theatre concentration.
Let's just say it's my passion in life, my driving force, et cetera, and leave it at that.

I'm considering a dual major, however, either in some avenue of professional writing [like, 'boring' editing-type careers.. I'm naturally a bit of a word mechanic. I love to toy with language.], or in psychology. I live to learn, and connect, and that's a field I'm not sure I'd ever tire of.

Who knows.. perhaps I could do it all.

Oh.. and I want to see the world. As much as possible. I never want to live in one place forever and say, well, that's it. This is it.

Idealists are silly like that, huh. :rolli:

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you seem pretty insightful. have you thought of working one-on-one with people, in a counselor type setting?

thank you, that's a nice thing to say.

i feel a little too 5ish to be one-on-one as a counselor. i am very attracted/attached to specific cultural discourses and cleaning them up, kind of like the philosopher ludwig wittgenstein. i feel as if i want to harmonize different cultural spaces/discourses with the people that are shaped by them, improve the tools to understand the self at their disposal. i could also see myself doing some sort of production, like music production, and helping hone the articulation and focus it in an arranger style sense (damned left-brainedness! always trying to see and control the "whole!"). i think i would like to write, but i am still trying to discern the right level of scale and zoom out/in until i find where my first major entry point will be in a socially pertinent but still individually meaningful (short and long-term) way. i'm also really hungry for more creative people in my life, just like a constant flood of social creativity, to catalyze me and push me a bit, stretch and knead me, make me spin, etc. connecting via university setting seems to continue to be relevant to me, so... more of that!