• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Cognitive Function Questions

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was inspired by the enfp thread to test my cognitive functions. I found that my results indicated infp, but isn't there supposed to be a definite order to the these things? The reason why I ask is because although my Fi is the strongest, my Ni and Ne are almost identical, with the Ni (which I thought was an INFJ not an INFP trait) a little stronger.

How much stock do each of you take in the order of cognitive functions?

I could use some help understanding this aspect of typing.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************************** (29.3)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********* (9.8)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************************** (42.9)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45.6)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********** (10.9)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************* (21.4)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************************** (34.5)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************* (45.8)
excellent use

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
First, the tests aren't very good (especially in distinguishing Ni and Ne). Best way is to just learn as much as you can about each function and determine for yourself.

Second, it's more about the role of how you use each function, then their strength.

Anyway, you look like an INFP to me.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
1) OP, you posted a duplicate thread so I deleted that one (since you already had a reply in this one)

2) OP, you have more Ni than Ne? You must be one of those 'mystic' INFPs. ;)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pretty much as Costrin said.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Well, if you really just want to look at the test results then you would take your highest scoring function, which is Fi. Now, since you already have an introverted trait, you need to look at the highest scoring extraverted trait, which is Ne. Fi + Ne = INFP. I would recommend following Costrin's advice instead of taking these tests.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
1) OP, you posted a duplicate thread so I deleted that one (since you already had a reply in this one)

2) OP, you have more Ni than Ne? You must be one of those 'mystic' INFPs. ;)

1)Thank you! I was embarassed because I couldn't figure out how to delete it!

2) It's occured to me a time or two.;)