• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: good public speakers?

sculpting

Just curious. There are days I have trouble carrying on a coherent long term conversation one on one but I can get in front of a crowd of hundreds and do really well.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFs are often natural public speakers. INFJs can be good if they develop the 'persona' they want to take on in front of a crowd. INFPs probably struggle the most - at least to start off with.

At least, those are my observations in general.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
was just talking a bit about this and god NO! not at all! i don't mean that nf's aren't i mean that i am not...not even a tiny bit...i mean i would if i had to...but i'd want to pee my pants a lil bit.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Well - depends on the topic. If its something I know something about or want to share with others - and its a group of people I'm familiar with - I won't be sick..... :sick:

Anything else - I might pass out cold.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm pretty good at public speaking. Provided I care about the topic, am fairly well prepared, and have sufficient energy to keep "extroverting" the entire way through.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My ENFJ is an outstanding public speaker.

P

Phantonym

There are days I have trouble carrying on a coherent long term conversation one on one but I can get in front of a crowd of hundreds and do really well.

I'm pretty good at public speaking. Provided I care about the topic, am fairly well prepared, and have sufficient energy to keep "extroverting" the entire way through.

+1

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The thought of public speaking makes me ill and so does the preparation for it. But once I get up there something clicks and I'm a whole new chatty, entertaining version of myself.

I have stunned professors and classmates this way given my general silence during the entire semester.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
i love public speaking

i wish i could just do it all day, for like a job or something

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I'm generally decent with it. I think I'm probably a lot more comfortable than a lot of my peers, although I don't do it often enough to have really refined the skills to be great. The comfort is there though.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am an ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE public speaker. I have gone to great lengths to avoid having to make speeches etc. It rips my nerves to shreds. I wish I was good at as you all seem to be - its definitely a great skill to have. :yes:

What I really hate are people that are really good at it telling me to "just get up and do it" or "its not that bad" or "stop overreacting" :steam: . Its as if they're telling me its just a matter of putting my mind to it and I'm just a pathetic complainer making a scene out of nothing. There's nothing worse than someone who is naturally good at something criticizing and belittling others for not being good at it. :thumbdown:

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I feel that I'm a fairly good speaker as long as I have some interest or knowledge of what I'm talking about, to be fair I've only done a couple presentations so what do I know :p

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not the best public speaker in the world and it's always been a stumbling block for me. I may be knowledgeable on the material depending on what it is but without a lot of practice, the wording doesn't come to me as quickly as it should. I've gotten better at it, improving is still a work in progress. If it's a topic I'm more knowledgeable on, I'm prone to do better than one I know nothing about but practice is key. I have a bad habit of stuttering and stammering too, which is why I need index cards, because the speaker does not appear to know the material if reading directly.

The key is to look briefly at your reference, have the cards paraphrase the presentation, but make eye contact with the audience. I took a public speaking class a few semesters ago and learned some new things, I actually enjoyed the class and the professor was great. Making the presentation conversational is another trick to pull the audience in. Reading it out textbook style, the audience won't follow. One thing to keep in mind is the length on the presentation because the audience's attention span.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I do quite well in public speaking; my job required it for many years.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[INFJ] - I’m a decent public speaker when I have to be. I don’t think this is necessarily a type-related thing. It’s a skill, like anything else. Some types may have an easier time with it from the get-go, or enjoy it more— but practically anyone can develop a skill like this, given the proper tools, etc.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am a comanding public speaker. I have been told that some of my speeches are the powerful people have ever encountered. I excel at persuasive public speaking. I love large audiences.

It is a damn good thing I can't advocate for things I don't believe in.

I’m better at improv than speeches or presentations. I’ve spoken in front of hundreds of people but that was a long time ago.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[INFJ] - I’m a decent public speaker when I have to be. I don’t think this is necessarily a type-related thing. It’s a skill, like anything else. Some types may have an easier time with it from the get-go, or enjoy it more— but practically anyone can develop a skill like this, given the proper tools, etc.
I agree with the highlighted. I am a very good public speaker as well, and even enjoy it when it is a topic of interest to me. All this leads some people to mistake me for an extravert.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Im a horrible public speaker. Always. Unless Im really confident. But even then. I stutter. I stumble. And I always am splitting my mind in half- one part on the presentation and another equal part actively wishing it was over