• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs- what do you think of ENTPs?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Also, everything you have that allows you to read people so well will be useless with the ENTP, we're both a blind spot to the other and if you're not totally comfortable with yourself this will exploit the others insecurities.

I think the only reason we may be hard to read is that there is a part of us that is unconscious to ourselves. You know?

I love them and I hate them that I love them.

INFJ don't love easy. They seem to need to be stymied in their own peculiar way.

Oh yeah, the ENTP furrow. Lol, is that a defining trait, ENTPs?

It's common for sure and I love mine!

Yea, I have this, too. Always squinting and furrowing. People think I'm angry sometimes when I'm just trying hard to focus.

[Mature] ENTPs?

:yay:

Samvega, you speak with great assurance but I suspect you're making stuff up. My ENTP is in his late 40s and he's doing that ENTP thing you people do 24/7 like there's no tomorrow. People actually suspect he's on cocaine or something. (I personally do not think so.) So in my experience, age doesn't help y'all dial it down.

And as for us being more extroverted than you? Yeah, no. No way.

Maturity is not related to age, more to how you digest experience.

A mature ENTP will think, speak and think some more. A mature is a good listener because they have been humbled, the ego is gone and life has shown them they don't know everything. Life has taught them there are lessons to be learned from everybody and the only way to learn them is to listen.

Humbling. That's what the ENTP needs. It refines us. Breaks off some of the rough bits.

Good friends. Beneath the mask of insanity. There's a layer of deep caring/understanding.

And.. below that, there's another layer of utter lunacy.
Several, actually. :D

I think actually we're deceptively simple, which, to an INFJ who makes even the most simple things complex, seems deep and layered.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
I love ENTP'S
I haven't met one yet that I didn't like.

I love how they are smart asses and I love how they know something about everything. I am full of questions and I like people who are full of answers,
and not in an ego I know the answer because I am so smart and great- actually the ENTP's I have come across are just able to comment because they are into everything- and for someone who asks questions about everything- this is very compatible. It isn't about them- it is about knowing for the sake of knowing and being correct.

They don't mind answering my questions- and don't take things personally- which is a nice compliment as I take everything personally,lol.

I love their mind and how it travels all over the place- the weird connections they find- Freakonomics had to have been written by ENTP's-it makes for a hell of a fun ride-

I like how they are very into rules- they are actually the most abiding by the rules they believe in from any type that I have seen- they go strongly against rules that they don't agree with and deem stupid or ineffective or nonsensical= they can argue their pov awesomely and can stand up effectively against anyone or any debate.

They are poetry in motion when it comes to debate.

I do think that you have to be able to deal with the droughts and floods that is their attention.

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
I only knew one for a short time but it was the most wonderful conversation.

lane777

nevermore
The only ENTP I knew was deceptive, so I ended the friendship. Still, he was nice to EVERYONE - including those who were otherwise ignored, a superb conversationalist, motivated and mentally quick. And silly! :D Especially coming from the jock type, it was very endearing. :blush:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I like how they are very into rules- they are actually the most abiding by the rules they believe in from any type that I have seen- they go strongly against rules that they don't agree with and deem stupid or ineffective or nonsensical= they can argue their pov awesomely and can stand up effectively against anyone or any debate.

They are poetry in motion when it comes to debate.

I do think that you have to be able to deal with the droughts and floods that is their attention.

See, I'm glad you noticed this thing about rules. For me it's not about rules as much as I believe in right and wrong in a very black and white way and it has nothing to do with anyone else's view of right and wrong. Just my own personal view of what is really TRUE.

Agreed also on the attention thing.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
See, I'm glad you noticed this thing about rules. For me it's not about rules as much as I believe in right and wrong in a very black and white way and it has nothing to do with anyone else's view of right and wrong. Just my own personal view of what is really TRUE.

Agreed also on the attention thing.

+1

Koocoomoo

MBTI Type
iNFp
Enneagram
4w3?
My brother-in-law was an ENTP and UGH he was so mean.
He was funny, I'm not going to deny that. He's a cool person, most of the time, but much more than I could ever handle as a partner.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
My brother-in-law was an ENTP and UGH he was so mean.
He was funny, I'm not going to deny that. He's a cool person, most of the time, but much more than I could ever handle as a partner.

How do you know he was ENTP?

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Been the single biggest issue I've had when it comes to dating! Makes me wonder sometimes if the only good match for an ENTP is another ENTP.

Seemingly the INFJ has a hard time because IT WILL start out like a flood and from what I've heard after that the tables turn and it's the ENTP that isn't getting the space they need.

If ENTPs didn't scare me senseless I'd test the waters.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

*ahem*!! You better throw on your trunks and dive right in, mister! Our impending nuptials cannot be pushed back - there are people depending on us for the honeymoon!

:ninja:

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
*ahem*!! You better throw on your trunks and dive right in, mister! Our impending nuptials cannot be pushed back - there are people depending on us for the honeymoon!

:ninja:

Well, you're the exception but I know all about your sweet soft filling and what's expected of me with you. When and where is the wedding by the way?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, you're the exception but I know all about your sweet soft filling and what's expected of me with you. When and where is the wedding by the way?

Aww, sweet. :heart: :smooch:

I didn't even think about the logistics of all this. Can't we find an ExTJ to plan all this for us? Ok, you're in charge of finding the ExTJ, and I'll figure out how to make my filling softer and sweeter. xoxo.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Maybe I'm being delusional, but I don't think I'm overwhelming. :huh:

I'm not even that talkative. Well, I am, but definitely not the way most of the extroverts I see are. Until I'm excited by something, I'm pretty quiet.

When I want to do something, however, I rarely hesitate before acting. Is that it?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

Aww, sweet. :heart: :smooch:

I didn't even think about the logistics of all this. Can't we find an ExTJ to plan all this for us? Ok, you're in charge of finding the ExTJ, and I'll figure out how to make my filling softer and sweeter. xoxo.

You guys would make some interesting babies.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

...suggestion..maybe it's been less-considerate ones which have been the examples you witnessed...I mean, we are rare..so this might be.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
...suggestion..maybe it's been less-considerate ones which have been the examples you witnessed...I mean, we are rare..so this might be.

I think someone should do ENTP / ENTP. Not it.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seemingly the INFJ has a hard time because IT WILL start out like a flood and from what I've heard after that the tables turn and it's the ENTP that isn't getting the space they need.

I have never been in a romantic relationship with an INFJ, officially anyway...or I'll say deep enough to know..But this is the second time I have seen the relationships described, as such, a flood..

..Does this mean the INFJ will be very expressive and throw themself into the relationship?