• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs- what do you think of ENTPs?

marmandahalf

Do your eyes ever stop scanning.

Nope. I have to physically stop myself with I'm having converations with people so it doesn't look like I'm not paying attention. I *am* listening- I'm just also people watching. And analyzing you. And thinking about my robot army. And wondering what's for lunch.

marmandahalf

. If your experience is with a young ENTP I doubt it will be a pleasant one. The ENTP won't have the self awareness to be balanced in the ways that would be beneficial/conducive to a healthy relationship with anybody often times including themselves.

For the record, I would run from a 25 year old ENTP too as we're unmanageable, flighty and don't have any control over the functions that will ultimately make us wonderfully deep, caring, loving and compassionate people.

Dang it, I read "young ENTP" and was like, "Ha, yeah, I rememebr when I was young and self-unaware like that." And then I read your definition of young.

I'm 19. :(

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
We like to let you think so, Trinny.
Truth of the matter is.... you'd want us even if we didn't. :wubbie:

Maybe. Dammit! :steam:

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my new roommate is an entp. i've never made such fast friends. instant creative connection. i'm afraid our cigarette conversations are gonna give me emphysema. entps have this great prankster streak. i think i just realized ken kesey is actually an entp. i like being in on the action, having a context worthy of my involvement. oh so haughty, but so are they and it turns into a contest, no fronts, etc. i need more gamesmanship in my life, turns out i'm actually pretty good. also, making stuff is fun, creative, and keeps me inspired. N dom is the only way to live life 4 me. weird mental symbolic wanderlust that never runs out of steam. and always always oh so hungry.

i like intps too but it has to be shared interest, shared cultural activities, etc, far more. inferior Fe, sometimes (for N dom) pedantic Ti precision, etc. but mainly that other enneagram 5s are just as stingy in their various ways as i can be in my worst moments. which sucks.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
my new roommate is an entp. i've never made such fast friends. instant creative connection. i'm afraid our cigarette conversations are gonna give me emphysema. entps have this great prankster streak. i think i just realized ken kesey is actually an entp. i like being in on the action, having a context worthy of my involvement. oh so haughty, but so are they and it turns into a contest, no fronts, etc. i need more gamesmanship in my life, turns out i'm actually pretty good. also, making stuff is fun, creative, and keeps me inspired. N dom is the only way to live life 4 me. weird mental symbolic wanderlust that never runs out of steam. and always always oh so hungry.

Yay, score one for us!!! INFJs rock my world online, so glad we can rock yours irl.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Keeping it short. Most of them are "assholes". Funny as hell, lovable huggable in the let's make everything fun and exciting sort of way but will still be insensitive and obnoxious when they're in the mood. One-up manship ought to have limits you know? ;)

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
doesn't count, you're an INTJ. I just one-upped you.

Qre:us

One-up manship ought to have limits you know? ;)

Well, logically speaking, say we have a defined limit. That would mean that whosoever turn it is will just then end up by default reaching the limit. And, since it's a limit, there is no more rounds. So, it wouldn't really be one-up, just taking turns until one or the other, due to the sequence of turn-taking, reaches the defined 'end'/limit. Kinda then ruins the purpose of one-upping. :devil:
And, becomes all cooperative and gooey and shyte. :tongue:

S

Sniffles

I have a love-hate relationship with them. I do enjoy their sense of humour most of the time, but yes they can be quite exhausting.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love them and I hate them that I love them.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The below is a discussion between myself and a fellow INFJ about the upcoming new line of INFJ T-shirts, ENTPs came up in the convo....

Or something like a Frank Frazetta image...maybe...
That one with the lightning turned into the letters INFJ. And the caption: "Well, someone's gotta save the world..."

Maybe the shirt could have a knight fighting a dragon... With thorny vines and age-old broken statues littering the ground and LOTS of lightning.

*think heavy metal album cover art style*

Then on the knight's shield, it's got INFJ. And on the dragon's horn it's got ENTP.

Wait... one horn? So it's like a unicorn/dragon.
INFJ Knight vs. ENTP UNICRAGON!!!

Awesome.

Somehow, I don't think an ENTP would be too opposed to being an Unicragon. :D Seems right up their alley of crazy-fun stuff to be.

Yeah, I actually was thinking about Trinity the whole time. :devil:

:wubbie:

V

violaine

I know three irl including my SO.

I have really great relationships with the friends, both guys, though I've only ever been drawn to them as friends. But yeah, they are fun in a lighthearted turn-it-up-to-11 kind of way, lol. Great for others' morale, the ones I know are very generous in spirit and rather kind (after the initial bluntness, which is impossible to take offense to coming from them). Forgiving too. Love that about them but that has a lot to do with the way they were raised. I like that ENTP in general seem not to hold grudges. The ones I know have a lot of trouble with nuance and subtlety though and being that I am a creature of that, it can make relating a little :doh: for both of us. (But amusing all the same.)

I like 'em best for relating when they have their dial at 7 or 8; when they get to their upper limits I prefer to let them go fly free and come see me later. I love when we get deep into things. Very satisfying. Otherwise, it's fun waving them farewell as we both go off to do our own different things.

I think this is a pretty common feeling among INFJs in general when it comes to ENTPs.

You need to look at ENTP/INFJ as the other side to the same coin or the same pair of pants turned inside out. Exactly the same yet totally different.

For example, the ENTP will seem overwhelming yet the INFJ is actually more extroverted than the ENTP.

I could go on for a long time on this topic but I'm going to leave it at this. ENTPs mature VERY slowly, this is the issue. If your experience is with a young ENTP I doubt it will be a pleasant one. The ENTP won't have the self awareness to be balanced in the ways that would be beneficial/conducive to a healthy relationship with anybody often times including themselves.

Also, everything you have that allows you to read people so well will be useless with the ENTP, we're both a blind spot to the other and if you're not totally comfortable with yourself this will exploit the others insecurities.

You need to keep in mind, we're one letter off from the others shadow, this is why the magic can be there but also why things can go very poorly.

So there you have some of the issues I see with this dynamic and I'm sure most of the issues you INFJs will have will be directly related to younger ENTPs. For the record, I would run from a 25 year old ENTP too as we're unmanageable, flighty and don't have any control over the functions that will ultimately make us wonderfully deep, caring, loving and compassionate people.

I've only ever found that uncanny INFJ/ENTP dynamic with my SO so far. I don't feel I have an ENTP blind spot, (yes, that proves nothing), I feel more perplexed by ESTPs. Could be down to that I have always been genuinely perplexed/fascinated by my ESTP father.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Nope. I have to physically stop myself with I'm having converations with people so it doesn't look like I'm not paying attention. I *am* listening- I'm just also people watching. And analyzing you. And thinking about my robot army. And wondering what's for lunch.

Yeah for sure! People always think I'm not listening but then I repeat everything they said while explaining how we can fortify the location we're talking in the even of an alien attack!

Great for others' morale, the ones I know are very generous in spirit and rather kind (after the initial bluntness, which is impossible to take offense to coming from them). Forgiving too. Love that about them but that has a lot to do with the way they were raised. I like that ENTP in general seem not to hold grudges. The ones I know have a lot of trouble with nuance and subtlety though and being that I am a creature of that, it can make relating a little :doh: for both of us. (But amusing all the same.)

I like 'em best for relating when they have their dial at 7 or 8; when they get to their upper limits I prefer to let them go fly free and come see me later. I love when we get deep into things. Very satisfying. Otherwise, it's fun waving them farewell as we both go off to do our own different things.

Now come on, we don't freely share this stuff so knock it off! This isn't information we want others to know!

I think we're pretty low kay or at least I'm in the 4-5 range 80% of the time but 20% of the time I'm far too much to handle and bouncing off the walls fueled by some serious NeTi firing like mad.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You're wonderfully weird.

The best support and advice I've ever gotten was from an ENTP.

Btw. do. your. eyeballs ever. hurt? Do your eyes ever stop scanning.

Yeah, if we love you we're about the most loyal people you will ever meet.

Have you seen my furrow, you can always see when I'm really thinking about something by my furrow.

V

violaine

Yeah, if we love you we're about the most loyal people you will ever meet.

Have you seen my furrow, you can always see when I'm really thinking about something by my furrow.

Oh yeah, the ENTP furrow. Lol, is that a defining trait, ENTPs?