• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs- what do you think of ENTPs?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I adore their enthusiasm and relentless curiosity, and, unless we've slowly become fixtures in one another's lives, I don't trust them with my emotions any further than I can throw them. ;) Not because I think they're evil, but rather because I know several that are happy to perform emotional autopsies on friendships and situations without shedding a tear, because once they're curious about something, they go on autopilot. That's just the nature of their beast. ::shrug:: A quality I wish I could possess, sometimes, but it does tend to send me scurrying around hiding my vulnerable feelings when they come to call. :blush:

Emotional autopsies? Be more specific please.

I like them. Sometimes they seem a bit annoying with questioning things because I perceive it as simply causing chaos, but I like their wittiness. I also really enjoy how relaxed they can be; it sets a nice mood to things.

On the other hand, people accepting things without question feels like being buried alive.

Oh yes, we are generally very relaxed and irresponsible. :)

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Let me see if I can articulate what I've noticed accurately...

ENTPs are amazing innovators, and for that I really admire them. It's brilliant to see them go after an idea that fascinates them. That trait becomes a relational train wreck when their fascination with you or your problem or whatever causes you pain becomes their shiny new toy. :doh: All relational perspective can get lost, and before you know it, they can be up to their elbows in your emotional gore with a fantastic, buzzed look on their face...because while you're having the worst moment of your life, they're on cloud nine because of some weird realization or breakthrough. It's endearing (because I also like peope puzzles) and exasperating when I really just want to be validated.

Are you familiar with the character Dr Walter bishop from Fringe? Quintessential ENTP, imo. (and my favorite character on the show. :wubbie: )

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Are you familiar with the character Dr Walter bishop from Fringe? Quintessential ENTP, imo. (and my favorite character on the show. :wubbie: )

Never seen it. I don't watch much TV. Turned it on the other day and noticed they switched to digital TV signal rendering my tiny 13 inch TV useless.

I do download HBO shows, though.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
This is downloadable on Fox...bet you'd like it if you're into Sci-Fi, paranormal centered, science-y type shows. I like them. :blush: The characters are nice and complex.

Oddly Refined

Enneagram
I don't have experience with a lot of ENTPs, but the three I do know are dynamic and overwhelming to me sometimes. I enjoy the solution oriented driveness coupled with the logic. They were helpful in practical and theoretical terms. I value the interaction quite a bit. Above all, it was nice to not have censor every word that comes out of my mouth. I find the constant censoring exhausting and it's why I don't talk often.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My last boyfriend was an ENTP and only because of outside influences did we go our separate ways. I found him to be charming, gregarious, incredibly intelligent and funny. He also was willing to examine what concerns I had and would follow-up to discuss it further. I loved the fact he was so knowledgable about so many topics and we explored many subjects together.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't have experience with a lot of ENTPs, but the three I do know are dynamic and overwhelming to me sometimes. I enjoy the solution oriented driveness coupled with the logic. They were helpful in practical and theoretical terms. I value the interaction quite a bit. Above all, it was nice to not have censor every word that comes out of my mouth. I find the constant censoring exhausting and it's why I don't talk often.

Feel free to speak your mind. Everyone should.

This is downloadable on Fox...bet you'd like it if you're into Sci-Fi, paranormal centered, science-y type shows. I like them. :blush: The characters are nice and complex.

Thank you for the recommendation. I will check it out.

My last boyfriend was an ENTP and only because of outside influences did we go our separate ways. I found him to be charming, gregarious, incredibly intelligent and funny. He also was willing to examine what concerns I had and would follow-up to discuss it further. I loved the fact he was so knowledgable about so many topics and we explored many subjects together.

Sounds mysterious!

Oddly Refined

Enneagram
Feel free to speak your mind. Everyone should.

Thanks. I get frustrated when I can't explain it all the first time. With the way things have been lately, I've been especially skewed all over the place. It just takes time lots of time.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
they like us because we like crackpot inventors and crazy hair-brained schemes of world domination, strange futurism, social networking, and creative utopias (make!) with the new comedy and miles and miles of prankster art.

we like them because they like people who are like Ted in a box, who have about 27 billion organized lectures on various socio-cultural topics that occasionally and randomly come out if you start beat-boxing the right beats. and if you get us stoned enough the weird raps that come out turn your ideas and shit inside out.

also, they like music, we like music, and we both know we have better taste in music than they do. say Yes to introverts!

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
they like us because we like crackpot inventors and crazy hair-brained schemes of world domination, strange futurism, social networking, and creative utopias (make!) with the new comedy and miles and miles of prankster art.

The crazier, the better.:D

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
6/7
Instinctual Variant
so
INFJ's the gateway to something ethereal and numinous

Hi I'm an entp married to an isfj for 2 yrs. Tho for 10 yrs previously I have been obsessed with an infj. The impact she made does not appear to have arisen from her expressed interests, sensitivities, envy or everyday pursuits. It seems to be a recognition of some core quality which transcends the parochial existence of ego motivated compensatory constructs. A numinous spiritual soul heart - A gateway to another dimension. Although, she does not seem to be aware of what she carries tho, indeed, if she does of course. The comment that "there is something about the infj which the entp covets" seems apt to me.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was just watching one the other day. That particular Ne-primary body flight caught my attention, fueled by his Fe eyes. Like we could destroy and remake the world together.

I'll never have that again. I just know it when I see it and I walk on by with my head down. I don't have it in me to make myself visible anymore.