• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Si] Your first Enemy?

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Who was your first enemy, how old were you, and why were you enemies? By enemy I don't mean someone you didn't like much. I mean Enemy.

My first Enemy: a red-haired kid in kindergarten. So I was probably about 6.

Reason: he had red hair. Bastard! Actually, I really can't remember if there was any other cause for hating him so much. I doubt it. And I did hate him. Oh how I hated him. HATE. And he hated me. It was glorious. Every passion since then has been tepid and hollow. As a result, I now find it impossible to separate my unreasoning prejudice against red-haired males from my hatred and utter detestation of that kid in kindergarten. I'm genuinely unsure which came first.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There was a scruffy little boy in my Vacation Bible School class that always stole my toys. Anything I picked up, he would come and take away. I was four. There was nothing I could do about it either. He just made me really frustrated and grumpy. I'm not able to feel hatred, though, so that is as close as I come. When someone is actually deserving of hatred from me, a switch flips, and I no longer feel anything towards them. I then see them as simply a problem that needs to be solved. There is no attachment of any kind. It's handy, but also makes me wonder if its suppressed or something.

meshou

MBTI Type
INXP
...WHAT.

My first roommate in high school, 14. She was psychotic. She had a shrine to her father who comitted suicide in front of her in our room, and she'd dispose of (USED) condoms in my bed.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...WHAT. My first roommate in high school, 14. She was psychotic. She had a shrine to her father who comitted suicide in front of her in our room, and she'd dispose of (USED) condoms in my bed.

Ick. Well, that's certainly attention you won't get from just anyone. :sick: No, that really sucks. Did she ever get any better? And did you go away for high school?

I don't remember ever really "hating" anyone. (Even the people I get angry with or mad at... well, that just drives me to understand them more. I dunno. It's like real "hatred" demands II be willing and able to "blind myself" to possibilities outside that narrow preconception of them, and I just cannot do it.)

But there are a few people I've extremely disliked.

One of them's on INTPc occassionally.

Another one might have been one of the popular kids who kept stealing my stuff in middle school and passing it around the class, and wasn't interested in stopping and wasn't conciliatory. It was the spite and hubris that made me dislike him so much, coupled with the refusal to change.

Oh yes, and Ann Coulter. I really don't like that bitch much at all. (Hmmm. Maybe I do hate someone after all... Naw.)

wyrdsister

MBTI Type
Ape
My first enemy was a girl called Ruth who was a Jehovah's Witness. I must have been 15 at the time. She tried to turn all my friends against me and make my life hell. Evil cow.

ArtlessFuture

MBTI Type
INFP
The first kid that was my enemy was this girl in kindergarten. Can't even remember her name, but she was eeeeviillll. I had to sit at a table with her and she would harrass me all the time. Then when the teacher wasnt looking she would tell me she was going to bring an axe to school and cut my fingers off. She always teased me and threatened me. So yeah I hated her a lot.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Tony Smodilla. He and the other "rich kids" at the school I was bussed to used to tease me mercilessly. I hated them all, but I must have hated him the most because I can still remember his name. I still remember his little weasel face, too.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tony Smodilla. He and the other "rich kids" at the school I was bussed to used to tease me mercilessly. I hated them all, but I must have hated him the most because I can still remember his name. I still remember his little weasel face, too.

Tony Smodilla.

Yes, I hated that little weasel-faced bastard too. <spit in disgust>

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Some kid named Shawn in kindergarden. He'd manipulate me into showing him my arm by saying "I'm wanna show you something cool! Give me your arm." Being curious, I'd do it and he's give me an Indian rub burn. Later, in first grade, he went on to convince me his thing of chapstick was a bomb and he was going to blow up the entire school and kill everybody. I remember I screamed and cried and told him not to do it, because all the teachers and my friends and his friends and I would die. No one came to the rescue for a long time, and when a teacher finally did come over she merely scolded him for saying such things and told me I was being silly. I think the kid deserved a much worse punishment than he got, whether he was 6-years-old or not. I think other kids also liked to manipulate me as a kid....guess I looked like an easy target since I was melancholic and alone all the time.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
My first enemy became my best friend. We were enemies in fourth grade, then were best friends from fifth grade through my second year of college. I lost touch with her for a while, but we started talking again last year. I still adore her.

Beyonder

MBTI Type
intp
The one that really sticked out was this guy who always, always ragged on me in high school... I punched and kicked his ass into the lockers... Dude didn't stop, though (probably should have been more forceful, like drawing blood through elbowing his eyebrow. Meh.). So I threatened to kick his ass allong with 20 of my friends, after school...
Last time I've seen him, he didn't even greet me, and it was years after the bs happened... And since I don't hold grudges, especially not against kids (wich we where, at the time. Kids at that age tend to hide their own insecurity through such actions, as the ragging gets them credit in their pack. Uh, I mean group of friends.), I thought it was quitte weird. Meh. I suppose I didn't greet him either.

Bushranger

MBTI Type
INTP
Thankfully I can't remember his name. The little bugger stole my coat out of my bag. When he and his parents were confronted they swore it was his. He then wore it to school for the rest of the year.

I knew a couple of guys for whom school was just a place to waste time until they were ready for prison.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I knew a couple of guys for whom school was just a place to waste time until they were ready for prison.
At my kids' elementary, they make the kids hold their hands behind their backs when they are going down the halls. I always think they look like little chain gangs.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't have enemies. they're too inconvenient.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
My first friend when I moved to Utah in Grade five. Our friendship lasted until the end of freshman (Grade nine) year of High School. He was physically abusive in the beginning e.g. punched, pushed, etc. and towards the end, also became more verbally abusive e.g. maintaining status quo of manliness, mentally degrade me, etc. I told him to stop throughout our friendship, only to hear my voice echo amongst an empty auditorium. I was torn; he was being a complete asshole but was at times he actually was cool to hang around with but lets be real here, I don't have any other friends to begin with other than a few school acquaintances and I'm not that socially outgoing. Now, this dude had another friend or should I say, goon. Instead of him physically/mentally molesting me, I now had two blokes to deal with.

I remember the day when the line must be drawn [here!]. There was a new guy entering our "circle" of friends. He and I got along splendidly. Too bad too, he moved only after six months of being in school. Nonetheless, he and I basically were playing some used map settings maps in starcraft all day and I got a telephone call from him. I answer and get chewed out for not going skiing today. Well, I told him, "it was raining, so why even bother?" [expletive] [expletive] [how dumb I am] [how much of a pussy I am] and then I hear "Yeah Noel" from another voice on the phone. Jesus Christ. He setup a god damn conference call. A friend of mine has told me the "horror" stories of girls talking to one another and ask questions about girl x with girl y with girl x listening in on the conference call, unbeknowest to girl y. I was enraged.

I didn't really swear too much in high school but god damn, did I tell him this was bullshit and how he (he and the other dude - same thing, like the borg collective) shouldn't treat people like that. I gave him the final ultimatum. Either curve your behavior drastically or it's over. He didn't stop and I told him over the phone we're done. (My, this whole story sounds like a traumatic breakup) I refused to speak with him in public and associated myself away from him. He called a few times and I told him to stop calling me and that my decision is final. He stopped calling and we went our separate paths. His goon moved to Oklahoma. Good riddance, that place sounds shitty (by the way, I'm fully aware of the irony here, so don't bother). As for him? I've heard that he is majoring in geography in a community college and a huge stoner. Two of the "pussy" activities I did are now his interests: computer gaming and metal music (I admit, when I was his friend I had a rap phase I'm quite ashamed of, which was quickly remedied with punk from my older bro's friends). C'est la vie. While I'm at it, fuck his cunt ass twin sister as well, she was a real bitch.

And for me? Well, I started to hang out with my older brothers friends, whom shared a lot of my interests and to this day, find me to be the much cooler brother.

Crabapple

MBTI Type
INFJ
My father.:duel: :ng_mad: :ranting: :2up: :smiley_violin: :emot-emo: :azdaja: :SaiyanSmilie_anim: :2ar15: :yim_phbbbbt:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I honestly try to be friendly and kind to everyone, but I've had many bullies that I desired deep down for them to leave me alone.

When I was in kindergarten, there was this one boy that was always punching me and picking on me for being one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I remember fervently preaching to everyone at school to change their sinful ways.

Then there was my last step-father who also mocked my concern.

My current stepfather is also a bully.

I am trying to explore other faiths and philosophies other than the one I was born into…
I can't give my heat and soul to anything if there are other options that could also be true.