• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Si] Your first Enemy?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Her name was Paula and she "scheduled" all of my best friend's free time, both snack and lunch and sometimes even after school.

:mad:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This girl who was mean to me in high school because she had a crush in my boyfriend. I had never been treated so meanly for doing nothing. I just remember being like shocked by her behavior and not wanting to interact with her in any way.

S

Stansmith

An ESTP 7w8 from Highschool. I can't look at an irl ESTP without feeling a bit uneasy at times, since I can recognize many of the same mannerisms and gestures in them (the smile, the occasional deadpan expression, the tertiary-Fe 'I'm really a nice guy' facade, etc.). I'm pretty ashamed of it.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When I was in kindergarten, there was this one boy that was always punching me and picking on me for being one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I remember fervently preaching to everyone at school to change their sinful ways.

To be fair, I would probably be frustrated with you too for trying to force your personal beliefs onto other people.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Girl in middle school who started dating the guy I liked, then took most of my friends under her wing and got them all to ostracize me. She was single-handedly responsible for my lack of friends at the start of freshman year in high school.

I fixed that quickly, though. Had lots of friends -- cooler than her! So HA!

(I still Facebook stalk her now and then. She seems happy... and nicer. And she's still friends with our middle school crew, even now, ten years later.)

Her name was Paula and she "scheduled" all of my best friend's free time, both snack and lunch and sometimes even after school.

:mad:
What a catty little jerk!
This girl who was mean to me in high school because she had a crush in my boyfriend. I had never been treated so meanly for doing nothing. I just remember being like shocked by her behavior and not wanting to interact with her in any way.
I hope she's single now -- while you have an awesome boyfriend :)

/actually I hope she's a better person now, but still

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
To be fair, I would probably be frustrated with you too for trying to force your personal beliefs onto other people.

Yes, I see that now. It doesn't seems as noble of a cause anymore either, as now I see that plenty of other religions that preach that they are the sole truth and have "evidence" are really no closer to being the sole truth than planet Jupiter is suitable for life.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Girl in middle school who started dating the guy I liked, then took most of my friends under her wing and got them all to ostracize me. She was single-handedly responsible for my lack of friends at the start of freshman year in high school.

I fixed that quickly, though. Had lots of friends -- cooler than her! So HA!

:hifive:

FRIEND STEALERS ARE THE WORST

I know what you mean. I still check up on this girl every once in a while too. It's like a combination of hoping she's nicer happy and fulfilled and hoping she ends up accidentally shaving off an eyebrow, etc.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
A PVT in basic training. I'm sure I had some enemies in middle and high school, but I never remember who they were and they never made an impact on me. I just didn't care if they were bullies or not. They seemed like stupid high school students to me. :shrug:

Anyways. He was the worst! He spread crazy rumors about me to everyone (back when I was 18 and cared what people thought of me), we were constantly in competition in training (he blew me out of the water physically, but I was a better shot than him and apparently he sucked at rucking), and he even sabotaged my gear and stuff several times--throwing sand into my weapon after cleaning it for inspection, or purposefully wrinkling my uniforms after they'd get back from the laundry shops. It wasn't even a "he likes me so he's bullying me" sort of odd thing there--he just HATED me. To this day, I have no idea why. :shrug: I found out when he was in charge of helping grab the mail that he saw a letter to me from my then boyfriend and threw it away. I hadn't received any word from him in a month at the time.

So, on a Sunday I just walked out of the female bay, into the male's bay area, and I took kiwi black shoe polish and smeared that black shit all over his area of the floor near his bed--it took the guys nearly 24 hours straight to get it up off the floor. He got there when I was doing it and pushed me, I grabbed him, and we both got completely covered in Kiwi fighting over it. The other guys grabbed us and pulled us away, and I started just screaming at him and I told him I'd destroy everything he owned the first time he left it alone the next time he even looked in my direction or had my name come out of anyone's mouth tracing back to him.

When we went out to the field, all the females and males were fighting over stupid things like beds and positions of beds--as if we'd really get to sleep or something--so I got pissed off and went out to dig rocks on the tents. Our 1SG called us over, and told us to put on our gas masks--and so I did. The drill sgt's gassed the whole complex, and everyone was washed out and throwing up and coughing from the CS gas. (That stuff super sucks btw.) PVT Dipshit started asking anyone for help, coughing and gagging too much to put his mask on, and I ended up helping him with it after letting him throw up on the ground next to me. He started to say "Thanks man!" but when he saw who it was he stopped mid-sentence and just forced himself to stand up and walk away.

What a jerk!

G

Glycerine

The girlfriend of my good guy friend. Now that I look back, she was insecure and seemed really jealous about how close I was with her boyfriend (I knew him before she did). She basically played a whole bunch of mind games with me, I exploded, and sabotaged the friendship for good. I still don't know why she felt threatened by me to this day. Luckily, they broke up.

I

Infinite Bubble

When I was little, I had formed a friendship with a young lad with the name of Timothy Fry. It only lasted a mere couple of days, mind.

My first memory of him was that of him being rather skinny and having a sort of yellowish hue to his skin. His eyes were wonky and in retrospect he probably had a case of strabismus. But I'm not one to judge.

He was like a brother to me at first. There was a point where he was torn away from his family. He was forced away from them, so I let him stay at mine for around a week or so. Just so he could get away from it all for a while. A small bed was prepared near to my own. Just a little mattress and sheets.

My family didn't really like the affair - they thought if I was hanging around with him all the time, I wasn't playing with what they called "real friends". In fact, I considered him to be a brother to me, but alas my parents disproved of this My mother didn't give birth to him, you see, so you can see where that whole idea fell through.

A few days in the event of his moving in, he went missing. This bothered me to a great extent, and I cried during this time of his disappearance. Strangely, my parents weren't too scarred by it. That might've bothered me just as much as the event itself, in fact. But I digress.

Of course, I found him again, one night after school. It had been several days later. He was hiding underneath my bed. I didn't know where he'd been, but I imagined he'd made some awful friends in the meantime, because he'd become rotten, horrible and his personality seemed to change for the worse. Naturally, I hated him for this betrayal. He had in the past few days become my best friend.

I don't know why I was so angry. Timothy was just a banana with tacky plastic eyes stuck on, after all. But he had gotten rotten and mouldy and horrible. He was no longer my friend - he was in fact, my mortal enemy. I made my anger felt by throwing him out of my bedroom window. He broke in two as he hit the garage roof, a feat that I was admittedly quite proud of. Some friend he was! How can I pretend to play Power Rangers Time Force and defeat the Kanto region gym leaders with a smelly old banana?

To conclude then, my first enemy was the horrible betrayer Timothy Fry. Of course, I was merely a naive child back then, but yes - a horrible betrayer.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Who was your first enemy, how old were you, and why were you enemies? By enemy I don't mean someone you didn't like much. I mean Enemy.

I was around 3. It was winter and I hadn't turned 4 yet. I was playing on the floor of my grandma's house and some extended family member kid, male (I'd never played with him before), wanted to play with "my" toys. Oh hellz no. The battle was over die cast metal cars and tanks. I remembering winning the physical confrontation. No details. He cried because I wouldn't share and next thing you know all these adults got involved. I was stubborn and still wouldn't share. In the end I lost of course. I remember my fighting back though, as best I could, for a lil kid. This is one of my first memories.

An associated memory within a few months of this one. I went to a friend of my moms and the kid of my moms friend had all these toys. I wanted to play with them since I didn't bring any toys. I got cock blocked by the kid and when I told my mom, no one took my side. Life's a bitch like that, lmao.

The fact I still remember these incidents is odd, but it didn't feel "right".

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I honestly try to be friendly and kind to everyone, but I've had many bullies that I desired deep down for them to leave me alone.

When I was in kindergarten, there was this one boy that was always punching me and picking on me for being one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I remember fervently preaching to everyone at school to change their sinful ways.

Then there was my last step-father who also mocked my concern.

My current stepfather is also a bully.

I am trying to explore other faiths and philosophies other than the one I was born into…
I can't give my heat and soul to anything if there are other options that could also be true.

I'm calling bullshit here.

I also keep reading this as - "Your First Emmy"

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
3rd grade. There was an abusive fat boy who used to sit across from me and constantly said things to me like, "You're so ugly", and "You're a piece of junk whose own mother doesn't love you". Yes, kids are actually that evil.

I, to this day, do not know what I did to spark off his hatred. Prior to this, the whole world was my friend. Suddenly Fatboy was my worst enemy; the rest of my graduating class was not far behind.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
3rd grade. There was an abusive fat boy who used to sit across from me and constantly said things to me like, "You're so ugly", and "You're a piece of junk whose own mother doesn't love you". Yes, kids are actually that evil.

I, to this day, do not know what I did to spark off his hatred. Prior to this, the whole world was my friend. Suddenly Fatboy was my worst enemy; the rest of my graduating class was not far behind.

Well at least you don't come from a family of diabetes amputees. That's what I would have said.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My first enemy was a girl from the earlier years of elementary school. She befriended me, but when it became painfully obvious that I was an odd kid and quite different from the other little girls, she pulled that nifty two-faced trick of playing to me when nobody was around...and playing to the popular kids (in this case, everyone else) the other ninety percent of the time.

This involved lots of me hearing things secondhand, coping with a lot of malicious gossip at a young age, and finally - after I confronted her - having to manage what rapidly disintegrated into full-scale bullying from the girls at large, while the teachers turned a blind eye to my plight. So that was pretty shitty.

This has happened to me a lot, unfortunately. In high school, I once made enemies out of an entire pack of girls whose crush had asked me out. I didn't even know he was their crush; I was the new girl and had formed somewhat fragile friendships with these ladies, only to discover that my decision to date this boy was apparently, in their eyes, an act of betrayal.

Being that it was high school, nobody wanted to talk it out or openly express their discontent in a well-meaning, productive way. Instead, I had about fifteen girls creating and spreading rumors about me, coming up with inside jokes about how the guy was undoubtedly using me, and generally going out of their way on a daily basis to make sure that I was very, very aware that they all thought of me as some degenerate little harlot. Fun times.

The thing that hurt the most, though, was that three of these girls - and one in particular - were people I had grown to consider close friends. I don't think I ever really got over it; I forgave, but I never forgot. I repaired my friendship with the closest girl and we're still tight to this day, but we are not without our bumps in the road.

My worldview still involves quite a bit of mistrust when it comes to women, which is too bad, but I think I was pretty deeply affected and shaped by the experiences of my childhood. It's hard to unlearn that stuff.

I also keep reading this as - "Your First Emmy"

Could be worse. Could be "Your First Enema." Which is what I might have read upon first glance.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I never hated anyone outside family until later in life, in my 20s when a couple of people went really out of their way to earn my hatred. They did it by torturing people I really love on my behalf, since they could not get a reaction out of me. I am not imagining this - in one case this was said to my face and in the other, confirmed in so many words.

That being said I was picked on constantly. Kids were mean to me for as long as I can remember. I don't even know when it started; but I just expected it so I didn't bother hating anyone specific. I lived inside my head. Read tons of fiction, came up with elaborate fantasies from a young age, worked on music. Spent many lunch periods alone in the music room. My next door neighbor started attacking me with sticks and punching when I was very little and I fought back a little and then ran through a secret hole in the fence back to my yard.. I cried because I thought we were friends.. bastard. But other than that.. I expected all the girls to hate me and call me names and laugh every time I raised my hand in class because I was a nerd (aka, really smart). I was mocked for Jewish heritage, atheism, intelligence, ugliness, clothing, music, anything. At school it was sort of "how dare you exist" - I don't know what I did to deserve it but I was the scapegoat. But I expected it and didn't focus on any particular person. I stood up to them directly in 3rd grade... when the cool girls asked me to be in their group but they said I couldn't bring my one and only friend. I told them no, she's my friend and we stick together. After that they hated me even more, but by that point they didn't even exist to me. I'd become immune to caring. In fact I was more shocked when someone was nice to me or DIDNT snort and bleat when I opened my mouth. And it may be worth adding, my "one and only friend" was jealous of me all my life and as she got older she was manipulative, talked behind my back and tried to ruin my life. It broke my heart and I cut her off once and for all after an incident in high school, but I wouldn't call her an "enemy" because it didn't consume my mind with hatred. I had other things to think about like my fantasy space fights and my music auditions and by age 16, a very serious chronic illness.

My first diary entry as a little kid is a sketch of my father with his eyes gauged out, bleeding, and me holding a knife. It says something like "Dad I hate you I wanna cut your eyes out." At school I kept my mouth shut and disappeared into my head but at home, I fought tooth and nail over every little thing.

I love my father to pieces but we had a very very volatile relationship when I was growing up, due to being too similar. To this day he is very good at provoking me, and that is a feat, because for most people it's impossible to get a reaction out of me unless I let you.

Be kind and respectful or you don't exist.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This has happened to me a lot, unfortunately. In high school, I once made enemies out of an entire pack of girls whose crush had asked me out. I didn't even know he was their crush; I was the new girl and had formed somewhat fragile friendships with these ladies, only to discover that my decision to date this boy was apparently, in their eyes, an act of betrayal.

Being that it was high school, nobody wanted to talk it out or openly express their discontent in a well-meaning, productive way. Instead, I had about fifteen girls creating and spreading rumors about me, coming up with inside jokes about how the guy was undoubtedly using me, and generally going out of their way on a daily basis to make sure that I was very, very aware that they all thought of me as some degenerate little harlot. Fun times.

The thing that hurt the most, though, was that three of these girls - and one in particular - were people I had grown to consider close friends. I don't think I ever really got over it; I forgave, but I never forgot. I repaired my friendship with the closest girl and we're still tight to this day, but we are not without our bumps in the road.

My worldview still involves quite a bit of mistrust when it comes to women, which is too bad, but I think I was pretty deeply affected and shaped by the experiences of my childhood. It's hard to unlearn that stuff.

ugh that sucks! i hate dealing with that kind of thing so much. i think this is where choosing my friends has been helpful for me.
i really don't have any friends who are weird about that kind of thing. it's really important to me that the people who i keep close are those who share my perspective on silly social rules, gossip, etc.

i can think of one girl who is a friend of a friend who i've tried to befriend since she's kind of in my circle now. she's a little gossipy for me, and honestly i've felt the most hurt by her in the couple years i've known her than any of my life-long friends. now i just try to keep my distance and keep interactions a little more superficial with her. sucks to have to do that, but it's worth it to not get dragged down into drama.

there are plenty of cool chicks out there.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There was a guy who used to sit on me during recess in the first grade in an effort to get me to cry. He failed which apparently frustrated him. I used to wonder like where the hell are the teachers? I remember that a good friend did something that I got upset about where I did cry. Then this guy found out about it and it made him even more ticked off.