• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs and insults?

Shelovesyoumaybe

MBTI Type
INFP
My sister (ESFJ) made a comment about how she believes NFs aren't very good at throwing out insults and or good at comebacks. Naturally, I neatly smiled and said it was because we were too nice. ;)

But honestly...NFs and insults. Good or not?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good when I'm angry or annoyed at the person.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Good at witty repartee, most certainly.

Not so good at insults in general - spontaneously or not. I wouldn't say anything to someone who mattered (or anyone for that matter) that I could regret later. Things said can't be taken back. I have a friend who is employed to swear for me. I find it difficult to do so myself so I call her every now and then and ask her to please swear at so and so. I feel better and so does she, usually.

Trash talk, on the other hand, is an entirely different ballgame and a very fun one.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
You guys suck.

Yeah, I said it.

Now what. Whatcha gonna do?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dont want to sound all dramatic, but a real NF insult, I can not recomment on. It just kills all the hostages

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You guys suck.

Yeah, I said it.

Turn you into a frog, kiss you and then turn you into a princess. Then marry you.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have no problem saying fuck you to someone. I don't know how good at insults I am I usually don't care enough to actually insult someone.

But on a sort of related noted my friends decided that they should never get in a physical fight with me because I wouldn't fight fairly. And it's true I'd probably kill the person quickly as possible, I don't have time to fight nor care enough to be fair.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have moments where the comebacks will flow easily...and other times where I just call people on their meanness. Usually it comes down to how playful it is. If someone is being just plain nasty, I prefer to take the high route and not give into their game. I may also get ruffled enough to not be able to think of anything, so that works best for me anyway.

As for insults, I can push buttons and get very mean, but you have to really push me to get there. Ultimately, I don't like to make people feel bad, and I avoid humor that is based around insults.

All that said, I tend to inadvertently insult/offend people when I have no intention to.
I'm good at putting my foot in my mouth :cheese:

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Having insults isn't really the problem, but being insulting is... I could be insulting if I wanted to but I'd know it's being mean. So I'd only be doing it if I really didn't like the person and wanted to hurt them... and I dunno, but I guess it's in an NFs nature to like most people, and avoid hurting others.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You guys suck.
Yeah, I said it.

Watch you dance like a monkey to push our buttons and fail to do so. It is oh so entertaining.

Shelovesyoumaybe

MBTI Type
INFP
You guys suck.

Yeah, I said it.

:angry:

:D

Anyway...

I have moments where the comebacks will flow easily...and other times where I just call people on their meanness. Usually it comes down to how playful it is. If someone is being just plain nasty, I prefer to take the high route and not give into their game. I may also get ruffled enough to not be able to think of anything, so that works best for me anyway.

As for insults, I can push buttons and get very mean, but you have to really push me to get there. Ultimately, I don't like to make people feel bad, and I avoid humor that is based around insults.
Yeah. For me it all depends on who is insulting/I'm insulting. If it's someone who I don't feel intimidated by and who I feel is all smack and no action, then I'm quite comfortable spewing out whatever angry glob of words happen to come. But I regret it nine times out of ten. As someone else said, witty repartee is much easier for me than actual, mean insults.

All that said, I tend to inadvertently insult/offend people when I have no intention to.
I'm good at putting my foot in my mouth :cheese:
Yep, this is extremely true in my case - more so to family members and such. :doh:

Good at witty repartee, most certainly.

Trash talk, on the other hand, is an entirely different ballgame and a very fun one.
I understand where most of you are coming from. I can usually come up with several amazingly witty comebacks and repartee as well...but it's usually two days too late. It's very frustrating. I've had an ESTP throw out some brash insult, and I just stood there frozen until two days later when suddenly POP! a brilliant, classy yet extremely witty reply came to me. :rolli:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This.

I'm not a cruel person. I have a hard time understanding out-and-out cruelty. I like a good joke as well as the next person but I'm not going to rip out someone's beating heart with my bare hands. At least not on purpose.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
What do you guys think/feel when you try to insult someone (for some reason) and you fail in that.

Something tells me that you don't take this too well from the inside. Especially if there is no observable reaction.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I can insult and hurt people if i want to. I won't do it in the normal "you are ugly" way though, I can sense weakness and exploit it.

I don't do it because I don't like hurting people.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
You guys suck.

Yeah, I said it.

not as much as your mom did LAST NIGHT

...just proving a point.

also, i could just go on and on about people's weaknesses that i notice around them and pretty much embarrass them constantly.