• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's supposedly hate conflict, yet...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I choose my conflicts carefully and sometimes I just feel like being an ass, and starting shit because it is entertaining to watch the other person getting pissed. yeah yeah, I'm bit of an asshole.

:rofl1:

i invariably find anger funny... which is really unfortunate when it's a serious situation...

i agree about sometimes just feeling like a being an ass though. sometimes if i'm annoyed i just like to piss off other people because i think they're annoying and deserve it. not that i'm saying that's well-advised or particularly kind, but...

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
i invariably find anger funny... which is really unfortunate when it's a serious situation...

:). I don't quite find anger in itself funny, but I see irony in many serious situations and have a laugh. I enjoy political incorrectness also.

onceuponatime

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
9w1
NF's supposedly hate conflict, yet...

They're the biggest drama queens of them all.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, this is actually very easy to explain. I'll explain it from my point of view; not all NFs will agree with every single part of this.

NF often seek harmony in relationships. That doesn't mean they just want relationships to 'appear' harmonious or that they quickly dismiss their own needs so that things work well. They're actually invested in understanding other people and being understood themselves, deeply and profoundly. Genuine harmony is seen as one of the ultimate goals in a relationship.

On the road to understanding other people, there are often conflicts and arguments as you reconcile different opinions, needs, and interests. While other types tend to ignore certain levels of conflict, dismiss certain conflicts, or leave the relationship rather than explore the conflict, for NFs, it's really important to 'know' another human being for who they truly are, so they face the conflict.

Basically, we delve deeper into ourselves and other people instead of ignoring or minimizing aspects of ourselves that would cause conflict.

It may also be helpful for you to understand that for many NFs, relationships are the masterpieces of their life, somewhat like jobs or projects are the masterpieces for other types. We prioritize intrapersonal and interpersonal knowledge pretty highly, so it's less likely that we're quickly going to dismiss a conflict and spend our time doing something else (work, play, etc).
Agreed so hard.

I've watched a lot of people carry on surface interactions and they avoid conflict in that way. I like to know that i can get on with someone on a deeper level, but getting there will often uncover disconnects or tender spots.
Then there will either be the need to clam up or tend to the current disconnect/tender spot. It can become very convoluted, especially as it's hard to make it a 'Point A to Point B' endeavor. Sure, we'd rather there be no conflict at all and for things of this sort to be easy, but idealism does kinda run rampant in us :whistling:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

It'd probably help if you didn't exert so much energy into pressing their buttons i.e. causing drama.

Just a thought.

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
i dunno...i don't see conflict as that big of a deal. it makes us grow...i've had the misfortune of running into some conflict that was pretty unsettling/personally damaging, but now that it's over i'm happy i can at least see how it provided opportunity for me to learn about myself and/or interacting with others.

i'm also especially fond of intellectual conflict; i don't see it as anything more than a challenge, and i like an intellectual challenge.

lol, ok

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
"Drama" can often be used to diffuse a situation. Manipulative? Maybe.

But a truly pissed off NF is a ferocious foe.

Many men have mistaken my kindness for weakness and they regretted it later.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
"Drama" can often be used to diffuse a situation. Manipulative? Maybe.

But a truly pissed off NF is a ferocious foe.

Many men have mistaken my kindness for weakness and they regretted it later.

Well, yeah, I mean taking kindness for weakness and mocking people's feelings is highly likely to evoke wrath.

I mean, we aren't ISFJs after all.

Abstract Thinker

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well, that "disgusted with MBTI stereotyping" thing lasted long. Welcome back to the club. ;)

I think MBTI is amazing.

Sure, it can be over-generalized and picked apart. Big deal. It's a good place to start.

More often right than wrong, IMO, and that's what ultimately brought us all here, right?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:). I don't quite find anger in itself funny, but I see irony in many serious situations and have a laugh. I enjoy political incorrectness also.

haha well i think i'm more on the same page there. it's not that the anger itself is funny, it's the situation. it's so easy to lose perspective when you're angry, you know? to an outsider, who has perspective, it's easy to see the other possible solutions and the complexities of the problems that are causing the anger. especially with someone i don't know or don't empathize with particularly well... also some people just have interesting mannerisms when they're angry :blink:

Liesl said:
It may also be helpful for you to understand that for many NFs, relationships are the masterpieces of their life, somewhat like jobs or projects are the masterpieces for other types. We prioritize intrapersonal and interpersonal knowledge pretty highly, so it's less likely that we're quickly going to dismiss a conflict and spend our time doing something else (work, play, etc).

sooooo true :thumbup: