• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Fictional INFJs

Lotr246

I haven't seen a thread for us, yet:

The Sixth Sense:
Cole (Haley Joel Osmont)
Dr. Malcolm Crowe (Bruce Willis)

Garden State:
Andrew (Zach Braff)

Amelie:
Amelie

Chloe

why this thread has no replies?

can somebody name few fictional INFJs... I am curious how they look... :)

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
A lot of people seem to type Elizabeth Bennett as INFJ, although I think she's a little more E.

Kafka Tamura in Kafka on the Shore seemed like an INFJ to me.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kafka Tamura in Kafka on the Shore seemed like an INFJ to me.

i agree. i get an infj feeling from his character and the character from norwegian wood. do you think murakami himself is infp or infj?

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I agree about the character in Norwegian Wood, although I was up in the air between INFJ and INFP. He didn't resonate as an INFJ quite as strongly as Kafka did, but now that I think about it, yeah. Murakami, on the other hand, seems like an INFP. His writing seems very Ne-fueled, and I would think that the ideas would be more cohesive and come to more of a point if he were a J.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yes, you are right about Elizabeth Bennett. I considered her too but decided that she was a little too outspoken with Darcy even before he proposed for her to be INFJ.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Would you say Anne of Green Gables was INFP?

Qre:us

Holden Caulfield (?) - The Catcher in the Rye

Jonas & The Giver (his mentor) - The Giver

Xellotath

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Holden Caulfield (?) - The Catcher in the Rye

No way,
Holden is extroverted as hell.
He can't seem to shut the hell up.
Also, he brands most adults as "phonies" and fantasizes about protecting innocence - in other words, being put in a scenario where he can do the "right thing". That's Fi.
Definitely an NF, as his ex-teacher mentioned Holden is in love with ideas, so much he was willing to die for them.

Ni would have deconstructed Holden's fantasies ages ago.
Fe would only care about the immediate social context and would be incapable of feeling such undertones over such a long period of time- Fe forces emotional adaptation to the now.

heart

heart on fire
Jane Erye in the book is INFP all the way.

A great male INFJ, David Powlett Jones from To Serve Them All My Days by R. F. Delderfield.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dorothea in Middlemarch (maybe the greatest nineteenth century novel, by the way) has got to be an INFJ. The idealism, desire to help others, the passion, the way she gets lost in her thoughts to the exclusion of the outside world...

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree about the character in Norwegian Wood, although I was up in the air between INFJ and INFP. He didn't resonate as an INFJ quite as strongly as Kafka did, but now that I think about it, yeah. Murakami, on the other hand, seems like an INFP. His writing seems very Ne-fueled, and I would think that the ideas would be more cohesive and come to more of a point if he were a J.

again i agree with everything you've said here. what else do you read? do you have any favorite infj writers?

wastrd

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
No way,
Holden is extroverted as hell.
He can't seem to shut the hell up.
Also, he brands most adults as "phonies" and fantasizes about protecting innocence - in other words, being put in a scenario where he can do the "right thing". That's Fi.
Definitely an NF, as his ex-teacher mentioned Holden is in love with ideas, so much he was willing to die for them.

Ni would have deconstructed Holden's fantasies ages ago.
Fe would only care about the immediate social context and would be incapable of feeling such undertones over such a long period of time- Fe forces emotional adaptation to the now.

immature ENTP methinks. INFJ is way off.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Claude Frollo of Hunchback of Notre Dame. I'd say he's practically a 50/50 on F and T though.