• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Fictional INFJs

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Would you say Anne of Green Gables was INFP?

She is an ENF of some kind, I think. Not Introverted. I never liked her too much. I find her romanticism nauseating. I prefer Emily of New Moon (the first book). I would type her XNFJ.

Briony Tallis (Atonement) is INFJ.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
There's already a thread on this here:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/25643-give-me-fictious-infj.html

Althought it's more about fictional characters from movies.

Frodo is definitely an INFP though, and Anne Shirley is either an INFP or eNFP. She's extremely talkative, but you can't deny she lives in her head most of the time. Her imagination is everything for her and she's happy even if she doesn't share it with anyone. Also, she certainly displays tons of Fi and Ne, and Marilla Cuthbert seems to be created to be her exact opposite - an ESTJ.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Definitely Myshkin from Dostoevsky's The Idiot... INFP is a possibility though.

scortia

MBTI Type
INFJ
In my opinion, Myshkin is the archetypal INFP.

Yeah you're probably right. I think the fact that he's an intentional stand-in for Jesus, often typed as INFJ (no I'm not starting that debate again!), cloud my judgment.

P

Phantonym

How interesting! *lips-sealed smile*
I guess I need more time to practice typing people correctly.
I'm only 15 years old. :cry:

Hey, hey, don't worry about it. :hug: I might be wrong as well. Take your time and just observe different people and try to type them, it's fun. That's the way to learn. :)

ubiquitous1

Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird. Of all the books I have read, I relate to this character the most.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Frodo is definitely an INFP though, and Anne Shirley is either an INFP or eNFP. She's extremely talkative, but you can't deny she lives in her head most of the time. Her imagination is everything for her and she's happy even if she doesn't share it with anyone. Also, she certainly displays tons of Fi and Ne, and Marilla Cuthbert seems to be created to be her exact opposite - an ESTJ.

I would agree about Anne being xNFP. Have any of you read Emily of New Moon, also by L M Montgomery? It is somewhat less well known than Anne but many people think it's her best book (there were two sequels) and Emily is pretty much autobiographical. I would definitely characterize her as INFJ. She is more introverted than Anne, is a talented writer, has a few close and enduring friendships, very strong principles, feels dreadful when she has to hurt another person (ie. leaving a relationship), and is highly intense, imaginative and emotional.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Have any of you read Emily of New Moon, also by L M Montgomery? It is somewhat less well known than Anne but many people think it's her best book (there were two sequels) and Emily is pretty much autobiographical. I would definitely characterize her as INFJ. She is more introverted than Anne, is a talented writer, has a few close and enduring friendships, very strong principles, feels dreadful when she has to hurt another person (ie. leaving a relationship), and is highly intense, imaginative and emotional.

I haven't heard of it before, but it sounds interesting, I'll definitely look for it. Your description of Emily could apply to an INFP as well, imo, but the book will reveal more :)

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't heard of it before, but it sounds interesting, I'll definitely look for it. Your description of Emily could apply to an INFP as well, imo, but the book will reveal more :)

Just noticed that KLessard also mentioned Emily of New Moon :hi: Emily is more intense and less scatty than Anne, I'd say, and while Anne does have her "kindred spirit" Diana who is her best friend, she does end up with a fairly wide group of besties. Emily has a wide acquaintanceship but really has a very small and long-standing number of best friends, one of whom she ends up with in the end...hm that does sound like an INFJ, or an INFJ pipe dream, as well :D but of course Anne ended up in a relationship with one of her best friends too. Montgomery's characters tend to do so. She had a lot of lovely books besides Anne though I think only Anne is very well known outside Canada :)

Anne is a writer as well as Emily but Emily is EXTREMELY devoted to writing as her vocation, much more so than Anne who sort of ends up doing it as a sideline. This is another thing that makes Emily seem more INFJ than INFP to me. But see what you think if you get a chance to read it :)

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
:hi:

I love Emily of New Moon. It is one of the best books I read during my teenage years. Big influence on my writing. I even wrote a paper about it when I was in university. Funny and witty. The sequel (Emily climbs) is good, but Emily's Quest (the last in the trilogy) is too romantic, and rather long and boring. The first book is a must-read, though. I also see it as L M montrgomery's best, although she personally thought The Story girl her best work (this is the book on which Road to Avonlea was based).

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:hi:

I love Emily of New Moon. It is one of the best books I read during my teenage years. Big influence on my writing. I even wrote a paper about it when I was in university. Funny and witty. The sequel (Emily climbs) is good, but Emily's Quest (the last in the trilogy) is too romantic, and rather long and boring. The first book is a must-read, though. I also see it as L M montrgomery's best, although she personally thought The Story girl her best work (this is the book on which Road to Avonlea was based).

Yeah, I totally agree with your assessments of Emily Climbs (good, but not as good as Emily of New Moon) and Emily's Quest (rather too melodramatic and OTT.) Interestingly, my mum mentioned that in Finland, where she grew up, it's all about Emily - much more than Anne, anyway. My mum also married a Canadian and has now spent the majority of her life in Canada so it's appropriate she likes Montgomery :D

Besides Emily of New Moon, I would say some of my fave Montgomery books are Jane of Lantern Hill, The Blue Castle, and Rilla of Ingleside. Hm, I haven't read her for a while, it may be time :)

EDIT: Hey, speaking of the Emily books, what type would you say Ilse is? ESTP/ESFP? Or maybe ENFP? Definitely ExxP!

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
EDIT: Hey, speaking of the Emily books, what type would you say Ilse is? ESTP/ESFP? Or maybe ENFP? Definitely ExxP!

Ilse? ESFP or ESTP, for sure. But since she was really into theatre and wanting to be an actress from very early age, I'd say the ESFP "Performer."

Do you live in Canada yourself?

What about Teddy and Perry? I'd say Aunt Elizabeth is ESTJ and Aunt Laura ISFJ. Cousin Jimmy is NF... hard to say since he's had a head injury, he's not all there.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I grew up on Vancouver Island, in Victoria, but now I live in England. I do miss the West Coast...

Yeah, probably right about Ilse being ESFP. I always found her kind of annoying and attractive at the same time. :D Also sounds right for Aunts Elizabeth and Laura. Maybe INFP for Cousin Jimmy?

Probably ISFP for Teddy. He's an artist, and his personality always bored me. :D He seems like the type who would express his personality through his art above all else. Emily is a lot deeper than he is. It's fair to say that Montgomery wasn't great at creating interesting men, for the most part. Perry - maybe ENTP?

Besides Emily, the really fascinating character in these books is Dean Priest, I think. He is probably Montgomery's most interesting male character, though by today's standards he comes across as more than a little creepy too! Is he another INFJ, do you think?

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
For INFJ's to be the rarest type - there sure are a lot of you and threads about you jut pop up left and right.