• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Fictional INFJs

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thinking Ged from Ursula Le Guin's Earthsea Chronicles might be another INFJ - but actually, I think he is more likely to be an INTJ...

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I grew up on Vancouver Island, in Victoria, but now I live in England. I do miss the West Coast...

Yeah, probably right about Ilse being ESFP. I always found her kind of annoying and attractive at the same time. :D Also sounds right for Aunts Elizabeth and Laura. Maybe INFP for Cousin Jimmy?

Probably ISFP for Teddy. He's an artist, and his personality always bored me. :D He seems like the type who would express his personality through his art above all else. Emily is a lot deeper than he is. It's fair to say that Montgomery wasn't great at creating interesting men, for the most part. Perry - maybe ENTP?

Besides Emily, the really fascinating character in these books is Dean Priest, I think. He is probably Montgomery's most interesting male character, though by today's standards he comes across as more than a little creepy too! Is he another INFJ, do you think?

ENTP for Perry sounds fair. He was pretty witty for a boy with so little education at first. And had principles.

Dean Priest INFJ? Possibly. That's why Emily couldn't marry him in the end, they were too similar. :yes:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dean Priest INFJ? Possibly. That's why Emily couldn't marry him in the end, they were too similar. :yes:

He is VERY interesting but the fact that he pretty much admits to being in love with Emily from the moment he meets her, aged twelve, when he's what - 35? - creeps me out!!! :shock:

Ok, we're going to give away all the plotlines to people who haven't read it yet. Just read it, people! ;)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw similar threads for others. I have one I feel certain about, but I know others will type him as an INTP.

Fox Mulder of the X-Files
X-Files-S1-Fox-Mulder-431x300.jpg

I've been watching the series lately and have watched all of the episodes (except the last season) at least half a dozen times. In some episodes he is an INTP, but in the larger context the man is a quintessential INFJ with very strong Ni and Ti.

"Be open to extreme possibilities" - this is definitely Ni examining the big picture and is not statistically logical as a Ti-dom would be in examining evidence. Scully often accuses him of never dismissing any possibility. He has the sort of focused vision that can happen with Ni which is about the nature and meaning of the universe and his relationship to every question is an intuitive response that cannot be put into words. He is as strong a N-dom as can ever be, but definitely not an extrovert. He is also not an INTJ because he does not rely on externally validated knowledge the way that Scully does. Scully is a Te-dom or aux. (Probably ISTJ).

All of this vision at its core is fueled by his personal desire to find his sister - definitely a F even if he is not emotionally expressive. He is distant and non-expressive as one might expect of a Fe person, but in some of the episodes he gets pulled into such an intense form of empathy with the person who is the object of the investigation, that he starts to lose a sense of self. Multiple times he gets lost into the perception of another person - no INTP is going to do that pretty much ever.

His thinking processes are very internal, so he is definitely a Ti sort of guy nearly without any Te which is why he needs Scully.

Although mostly oblivious to his personal needs for sleeping, eating, relating socially, (he sleeps on his couch because his bedroom is full of stuff and evidence, etc.) he occasionally has sensory indulgences that he has limited ability to navigate which speaks of inferior Se.

There you go! an MBTI analysis of this guy who I think demonstrates a lot of the strengths and weakness of the INFJ personality type.

Last edited:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^We could say that Mulder is a somewhat unhealthy Dom-Tert looper? Ni-Ti.
Also, the symmetry and contrast between him and Scully could feel very Ni-Fe vs Si-Te

subwayrider

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
^We could say that Mulder is a somewhat unhealthy Dom-Tert looper? Ni-Ti.
Also, the symmetry and contrast between him and Scully could feel very Ni-Fe vs Si-Te

Great stuff! I enjoyed the (relative, obviously) depth of your analysis. I will have to do one myself of some other character soon.

I'd always seen Mulder typed as INTJ; they can blend with INFJ.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Great stuff! I enjoyed the (relative, obviously) depth of your analysis. I will have to do one myself of some other character soon.

I'd always seen Mulder typed as INTJ; they can blend with INFJ.
There isn't any Te though, because that is exactly what Scully keeps bringing to the table. I think he is a somewhat unhealthy INFJ caught in a dom-tert loop. :newwink: That's why he could look a little INTJ-ish, but it is all so internal.

subwayrider

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
There isn't any Te though, because that is exactly what Scully keeps bringing to the table. I think he is a somewhat unhealthy INFJ caught in a dom-tert loop. :newwink: That's why he could look a little INTJ-ish, but it is all so internal.

From what I've seen, he is definitely caught in an unhealthy loop, for the most part shunning any kind of social life and even Scully, who he is attracted to, as a romantic prospect.

I remember the episode where...some other character takes over Mulder's body. When the impostor finds out what an attractive work partner Mulder has, he gets on board immediately, inviting her over to Mulder's apartment with a bottle of wine -- she was all too willing. Then she asks "Mulder" what took him so long.

How would you type him in Enneagram? He strikes me as a 5w6, sp. I see very weak sx and so.

subwayrider

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Bale-Batman.jpg

INFJ

Bruce Wayne (as portrayed in Nolan's Trilogy).

While Bruce Wayne has manifested in diverse ways, resembling different types, through the years, Christopher Nolan's Wayne is an INFJ.

All Introverts, but especially INJs, see outward reality as negotiable. The bedrock of their reality is the internal world. Bruce, like all introverts, but especially INJs, has an internal vision, a dream, of what reality could be like. It is through this transformative power of the imagination that Bruce was able to change Gotham, when others with lesser imaginations had given up on it; they could not envision it any other way than what it was. All Introverts can act on the world to shape it according to their internal visions, but INJs are particularly apt to do so because Inferior Se impels them to put their Ni into action. This is exactly what Bruce does.

Further, while Bruce does have his vague, but compelling, notion of a master plan, he fails to plan the details, eventually becoming "truly lost." It's important to note that when he begins the process of undergoing his transformation into crimefighter, he is acting on an undeniable hunch and an overwhelming drive to make a change for the people in his world. At this point, he could still be INTJ, but Bruce is an Fe-Auxiliary because his values are so standardized, even mainstream, and his sympathies so universal. We can see the League of Shadows as a case of Fi gone wrong, an organization with a highly personalized code of ethics. Bruce is much more tied to his society's interpretations of good and evil, refusing to take any life, even when doing so would greatly benefit said society. Bruce puts people into social categories; he does not treat them on an individual basis, but passes swift judgment on them based on their status in society -- if you're a criminal, you're bad; if you're an average citizen, you're good and deserve protection.

In The Dark Knight, Bruce is so overburdened by the suffering of others that he makes the entirely irrational, emotional decision to turn himself in to the police when the Joker is still on the loose. An INTJ would not likely think this way; an INTJ would more likely make the decision via logic -- he would use Te to realize that, strategically, to turn himself in would only result in more deaths, and use Fi to back this conclusion by reminding himself that the goal is to save lives. Bruce makes his decision with Fe, feeling so emotionally connected to the victims of the Joker, not wanting even one more person to die because of him, that he will forgo the strategic, logical advantage in staying active as Batman. Such is the connection that developed Fe allots its users. As the conclusion of The Dark Knight evinces, -- he lies to the entire city -- Bruce is more about the good of everyone than sticking to personal, prioritized values.

Like many male INFJs, Bruce does not do a great job of using or expressing his Fe, shunning a social life and getting caught in Ni-Ti loops. This got so bad by The Dark Knight Rises, that he spent eight years mourning the death of Rachel, who he was in love with. He locked himself in his mansion after four or five years, and it's implied he never began seeing anyone else in the time he was functioning, because he never got over Rachel. His decisiveness and sense of closure is very J, -- "There's no one out there for me" -- and in this case indicates poor Fe. Bruce's highly personalized Thinking, Ti, is evidenced in instances where he disagrees with Te insitutions, like the Gotham Police Department. In the Dark Knight Rises, we find out Bruce is interested in logic systems like computer programming, which is often associated with Ti-users, like INTPs. This is because Ti is wholistic, and tends to take into account details and minutiae. Te is more about breaking problems into simple steps for efficiency, which means it will often miss nuance.

Bruce has moments where inferior Se takes over him, and he makes rash, momentary decisions. Like all undeveloped Inferior functions, Se manifests in a frightening way -- frightening because one notes how out-of-control the person seems when operating on the Inferior. One example is in Batman Begins, when, just after he's confronted Falcone, Bruce hears the horn of a ship and gets swept away by the moment, sneaking on board to travel to some unknown foreign land.

That wild moment, of course, is in keeping with the plan he's concocted in seemingly less than a day -- a big picture scheme: He will travel the world and live as a criminal in order to understand the criminal mind. He's not sure how exactly it will unravel, but he's thinking long-term. Dominant Intuition is known to bypass the strict facts and go on hunches; it's an almost supernatural power of the subconscious that manifests as hunches. This is what we're seeing in Bruce at this moment.

Bruce's one glaring weakness in Batman Begins is also his tendency to forget about his surroundings (Inferior Se). At the same time, he shuns sensory pleasures like food and sex, indicating the love/hate relationship so associated with the Inferior.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Subwayrider,

Great post. I thought of him as INFJ in Nolan's trilogy, too. And I know it's going to sound biased, but the Bruce Wayne as portrayed in this trilogy is the most interesting of all of the Bruce Waynes to me [there was an older movie with Val Kilmer in it that was fairly descent and kind of smacked of a similar personality.]

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
John Locke (Lost)
Frollo (Hunchback of Notre-Dame)
Wesley Wyndam Price (Angel)
Princess Leia (Star Wars)
Count Dooku (Star Wars)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Voldemort was either an ENTJ or ENFJ. Se tert because he seemed far more action-oriented than your typical INxJ.
I could accept ENFJ, though his habits are rather reclusive for that type. He is commonly typed as a T, though, often INTJ, and I don't agree with that.

subwayrider

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Subwayrider,

Great post. I thought of him as INFJ in Nolan's trilogy, too. And I know it's going to sound biased, but the Bruce Wayne as portrayed in this trilogy is the most interesting of all of the Bruce Waynes to me [there was an older movie with Val Kilmer in it that was fairly descent and kind of smacked of a similar personality.]

Don't feel guilty. The bias has nothing to do with his being INFJ; Nolan is simply the superior director -- or at least, his interpretation of Batman was superior to the others.

Thanks. I plan to do many more. It's very fun for me. :)

Nicki

Retired
I could accept ENFJ, though his habits are rather reclusive for that type. He is commonly typed as a T, though, often INTJ, and I don't agree with that.

His tritype's pretty unusual for an ENFJ (358) so I could see it. Definitely, he was too involved with people and action to be an INTJ. I think an INTJ would spend a lot more time reflecting than Voldemort seemed to do. He just did things most of the time and because of his lack of reflection, he wouldn't notice little holes in his plans.

subwayrider

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
His tritype's pretty unusual for an ENFJ (358) so I could see it. Definitely, he was too involved with people and action to be an INTJ. I think an INTJ would spend a lot more time reflecting than Voldemort seemed to do. He just did things most of the time and because of his lack of reflection, he wouldn't notice little holes in his plans.

But I thought villains were always INTJ by default!

Now my automatic hatred for INTJs is based on unfounded motives. -__-