• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Touchiness

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
TY, Sade. :hug:

Brio -- lol, you have no idea how many times I've kicked a car while swearing violently. I had a similar relationship with a derelict Korean War era military generator. My ISTP friend and I were relentlessly throwing ourselves at that dratted thing with spotty results. I finally took to cussing at it. ISTP friend just stared blankly at it like "Someone please kill me...."

V

violaine

I haven't quite cobbled together what I think about touch yet. I am pro-touch though, I think it does wonders for people in general. (Though obviously people should respect others' boundaries and space.)

- I am minutely aware of when someone touches me and what is behind it in personal interactions.
- I crave it from the person I'm dating. I prefer it to a lot of words as a means of showing affection.
- I can't stand being touched if I'm upset or I hurt myself. I could possibly tolerate being touched by my SO but it has to be a bear hug.
- It is especially hard for me to tolerate weak hugs from anyone when I'm very sad. I want them to get their hands off me asap. I get very irritated if subjected to that.
- Come to think of it, I hate weak hugs in general.
- I feel like professional massage could be my drug of choice. It is utterly transporting and renewing.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I haven't quite cobbled together what I think about touch yet. I am pro-touch though, I think it does wonders for people in general.

It looks like advance polls are in.

The pro touch vote is winning by a slim margin.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Weak hugs are the worst!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ALL hugs are the worst!

V

violaine

Even sexy naked hugs?

Weird turn ons! :yes:

Limp fishy handshakes too! Bleh!

Consigned to the purgatory that is weird turn offs!

Reading an interesting article (well skimming, I have to go out), about the research Dr Temple Grandin did in relation to calming effects of touch for autistic people and animals:
"Deep touch pressure is the type of surface pressure that is exerted in most types of firm touching, holding, stroking, petting of animals, or swaddling. In contrast, light touch pressure is a more superficial stimulation of the skin, such as tickling, very light touch, or moving hairs on the skin. In animals, the tickle of a fly landing on the skin may cause a cow to kick, but the firm touch of the farmer's hands quiets her. Occupational therapists have observed that a very light touch alerts the nervous system, but deep pressure is relaxing and calming."

^Although, that paragraph is in reference to cattle and I don't have ASD, that's the distinction right there. Hence, keep your fishy hugs and fishy handshakes away from me, tyvm!

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Weird turn ons! :yes:

Consigned to the purgatory that is weird turn offs!

Reading an interesting article (well skimming, I have to go out), about the research Dr Temple Grandin did in relation to calming effects of touch for autistic people and animals:

^Although, that paragraph is in reference to cattle and I don't have ASD, that's the distinction right there. Hence, keep your fishy hugs and fishy handshakes away from me, tyvm!
Well, put me on the list of people with Asperger's who like big bear-hugs! :D

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Brio -- lol, you have no idea how many times I've kicked a car while swearing violently. I had a similar relationship with a derelict Korean War era military generator. My ISTP friend and I were relentlessly throwing ourselves at that dratted thing with spotty results. I finally took to cussing at it. ISTP friend just stared blankly at it like "Someone please kill me...."

Lol, awww. Poor you. Poor ISTP

- I can't stand being touched if I'm upset or I hurt myself. I could possibly tolerate being touched by my SO but it has to be a bear hug.

ditto.
I would also at one-armed around-the-neck hugs are horrible. Especially from people who are excessively boney. It feels like being put in a choke hold.

Limp fishy handshakes too! Bleh!

Those may actually make me feel ill.

ESPECIALLY sexy naked hugs.
Those ought to be illegal. :steam:

Really? Cuz um...I think I may have had a dream last night where I was *looking* for one of those. :D That and lawyers who couldn't get jobs.

sade

Even sexy naked hugs?

Sexy naked hugs for all!!
except creeps, eww..

Deep pressure is much better. When I'm half asleep or sleeping light touch might make me kick you.. So I've been told.
But it is highly annoying even when awake.