• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] treading water

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
i've not been around here for long, so i haven't had the time to read through the grand library that you call the archive of threads. instead i choose to post here to get enlightened.

there are a few things i am curious about in regards to all N types, and one of them is what jung called the collective unconscious. i consider the collective unconscious a median/core that constitutes all unconscious N thinking, and in turn is interpreted as either NF or NT conscious thinking by the outer functions. we circle around this median/core, always drawing decisions and knowledge through and from it; but never knowing directly what it is.

time and time again i have with various N people empirically proven that there is something about this. it is as if there is an undisputed consensus about how things are done right, but each of us have a different interpretation of it even though it's derived from the same meaning. usually it is revealed through discussions that it somehow is centered around the same principle.

my question here is: how familiar are people with this? have you experienced this before?

personally, once i discover that a person is a genuine N, i gain a near infinite trust to that person and his or her decisions. i will sometimes question the motives behind actions for confirmation, but i'm very rarely wrong in my assumptions (in those cases the person has turned out to not be N).

my second question is about the MB spectrum of primary to inferior functions, and how much people know about these; especially in regards to relationships (romantic and friendly/hostile). opposites (extrovert-introvert pairs of the same primary functions) seem to function well together, but are hard pressed to meet under "normal" conditions.

comments/thoughts on this?

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
I need some more concrete examples I think. (My Ti isn't very good!!)

By collective unconscious belonging to the Ns, I think you mean that when you are talking to another N, you sort of don't have to say much to understand what the other is thinking. I keep leaving my sentences mid-way when talking to N dominant colleagues because they already know what I'm about to say - I know they have already understood me from the expression on their faces! It's like, "Ok. You already get me. I won't bother finishing this sentence because it would be a waste of words!" A bit freaky sometimes when this keeps happening.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
i realized that i might have been a bit unclear on what i meant. yes, although a bit trivial, things like faster cohesion and understand between colleagues is a part of this. my point, however, was that even the principles you and other N people have are gathered from the same point, just interpreted differently.

example:
i have an INFJ equal. he is off to a new job soon, with peers of mutual admiration (we both admire their work). he is working as their superior, and he wants to earn his respect for them by doing what he does. i say he has already earned that respect by being who he is. he partially agrees, saying that was how he would mean it, but with merit for their respect. i see his point clearly.