• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs how neurotic are you ?

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
How often your fears and insecurities get to you?
Not anymore. Once in a great great while, more or so when it comes to dating.

How often you are afraid that no one will like you (for no reason) ?
Someone always likes me, and if someone doesn't like me, it's their loss.

Is it because you need to be loved to be "complete" ? (more then others)
Not really.

Do you have problems with nightmares?
Almost each time I dream.

Are you ever afraid that you will lose your ability to feel?
Sometimes I want to.

Do you tend to eat/drink too much when you are unhappy?
I tend not to eat when I'm VERY unhappy.

How much depression of another person efects you if you are close?
It affects me almost entirely.

Are you often afraid that you will buy a wrong product and poison people which you love ?
Uuh. No. I've never thought that once, ever in my life.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
slip into the occasional funk, not as resistant to negativity or stress as many of the well-adjusted intj and Ne dom types i know. i envy them, at times, for this reason. they seem to know what to do.

when i am un-centered, this can be a serious obstacle. project too much, allow my desired ideals and impressions to be too easily triggered, not move on quickly enough, forgive and forget, the way something looks externally can upset me and i'll rely on that too much, rather than on developing a complete picture and fully imagining the interior/inside of the various perspectives/people around me. a little Ti is my saving grace, without it i'd either be spineless or completely lost or both. bc my Fe is far better, but left alone on its own i'd get seriously pushed around or i'd just respond really judgy, negatively, and withdraw all the time. total rejection.

i do need this to a somewhat ridiculous degree. or i want this constantly. but i want it to stabilize my own identity, to prevent me from ever COMPLETELY imploding, from feeling like i have NO CONNECTION with the world whatsoever, that somehow my tie has been severed and either i or everyone else will have completely disappeared. my biggest lingering fear is this kafka dream where everyone else is cut off from me, severed, alien, uncommunicative. where i become invisible, or non-existent, or powerless + rudderless.

i would say no, but recently i have had more unpleasant awakenings in the middle of a story i would not view as positive, light, fun, warm, etc. my projections and desires and fears show signs of stress.

always. to be so taken and in love with the purity of youth, of believing, of needing so desperately, of hoping, etc. avoiding jadedness and callousness has been a top priority for me for all of my adult life. but my expanded perspective on aging is calling some of this into question, i am feeling elements dissipate- the reactivity is more even tempered. i am recognizing that music is made to believe in it, and the conviction of when you were young, and everything felt brand new, begins to shift in character and in color. it's still mostly new, but there's more wariness, more balance, more skepticism, more error-checking, less blind-spots, less total commitment, less etc. faith changes from faith in towards faith from, you learn to accept not-knowing and accept disappointment and move on easier, or you at least think you do. you either do this, or you do the same old shit, going round and round in circles, not learning lessons. triumphs become more minor in character, more as a product of and as discipline itself. and luck (tho you know it's luck, deep down).

yes, i make poor choices rather consistently. don't balance future the state i am in with current the state i am in. i do this when i'm really happy too. i don't know how to feel and be disciplined at the same time. or make health-promoting choices that feel like real-life to me.

How much depression of another person effects you if you are close?
very much, i see someone limping and i feel a terrible sense of tragedy. pre-packaged emotions are even worse.

Are you often afraid that you will buy a wrong product and poison people which you love?
like, um, cell phone usage? artificial sweeteners? soft plastics? nitrates? is this a joke or is it serious?

i do occasionally have a cook everything that has recently moved past the expiration date in the fridge day. so maybe.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
How often your fears and insecurities get to you? Get to me? Rarely. My fears motivate me, and my insecurities give me something to think about or change about myself, so I'm usually challenged by them.

How often you are afraid that no one will like you(for no reason)?
For no reason? Never. People always have their reasons for not liking something or someone, ya know?

I want to be loved, but I feel loved on the inside, so I'm ok by myself as well. I don't think I need to be loved by someone else, at this point in my life, to feel "complete". No. But I feel good knowing that people care, that they appreciate me, and that my presence in the world does something for them in the positive.

No, but I did have infrequent, but repetitive, nightmares between the ages of 4ish and 11ish.

Never.

Do you tend to eat/drink too much when you are unhappy?No, I've eaten much too little the two times in my life that I can say I was severely stressed. One of those times, I ended up the hospital after having lost about 20 pounds in about 3 months. With moderate stress, I eat, drink, and sleep, less. I rarely overeat or drink, but feeling happy/joyful keeps me eating heartily and sleeping well.

I pick up on people's feelings easily, and usually feel physical pains or sensations when other people are sad or depressed around me. Someone else's depression kicks me into higher care taking gear, but if the depression last for an extended period of time(6+ months), I start to feel somewhat helpless or frustrated; especially, if the person refuses to seek out other resources for assistance.

Are you often afraid that you will buy a wrong product and poison people which you love?Not sure what is meant here, but I buy mostly organic or natural products to avoid synthetic pesticides and artificial ingredients and preservatives.

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Once in a while, if something stresses me out, but it's generally people or relationships-related.

I feel like this when I've tried my best at pleasing someone, and it fails somehow (might be in my perspective). It happens about once a year- this means major depression for me.

Yes, I need that.

No.

No. It has never happened. I do run dry sometimes, after feeling and caring so deeply for a person, and that person is not cooperating. I run dry of feeling and it kind of feels like nausea. But I know I will soon get to feel again when my perspectives are adjusted, or when something or especially someone else comes up to stimulate my feeling.

Not at all, I lose appetite. I often stop eating because I can't swallow anything. I will also fast and pray to seek God's help about the matter (I'm a Christian).

How much depression of another person affects you if you are close?
It affects me very much. Then again, I will go to fasting and prayer to help that person. I will also listen and give advice if that person needs it.

Are you often afraid that you will buy a wrong product and poison people which you love?
No. :huh:

Waffle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

-A bit, but i usually talk to someone who can usually make them go away. They tend to reoccur though.

- Fairly often. It drives me up the wall.

- I just like to feel useful. I don't need to be loved, but friends are always nice.

-Not usually. I've always been able to control my dreams or realize they were dreams.

-I almost embrace it. I'm so tired of over-caring, but it's the way I am.

-Yes. But I usually feel bad and exercise a bit afterwards.

-Ridiculous amounts. I go out of my way to support the other person at all time of the day until they are happy again. I've ridden my bike 7 miles at 2 AM to comfort a friend.

Are you often afraid that you will buy a wrong product and poison people which you love ?

-... How did you know? I'm constantly afraid that I might accidentally hurt someone. It's my worst fear.