• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Why are ENFPs...

YoungGun2112

MBTI Type
ENTP
Maybe it is just my ENFP, or ENFP's in general, but she seems to be crazy possessive in our relationship. Like, it slightly annoys her if I even talk to any other woman. I mean, she doesn't comment on it or anything, but she has a scowl on her face if she sees it. And she often tells me that she is jealous about one thing or another, or if I spend my time anywhere else, if I even talk to another girl.

Are ENFP's really possessive, or is it just me? I worry that one day she is going to claw some poor woman's eyes out for saying hello.

Also, is there a way to convince her that I don't want anyone but her? I hate that she gets jealous so easily, especially over such entirely innocent situations.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm...i don't think that's an enfp thing but it's also entirely possible it just has to do with whoever you're dating. i mean some people may not bring out the jealous possessive person in you while another would for whatever reason. most likely she feels insecure about something so if you can figure out what that is and talk about it until she gets it then maybe she'll stop...good luck. it's a hard thing to deal with for sure.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Are you for real? I believe she is misstyped or somthing. What is her enneagram?

G

garbage

ENFPs might be prone to taking things personally, which I think this might be a manifestation of.

Me? I don't get possessive at all, but I do tend to, say, take criticism personally.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
ENFP = a personality type

being clingy and possessive = a trait, possibly learned from being hurt in the past

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I can be like that. I agree, it's about feeling unsure about the relationship. If she learned somewhere that relationships aren't to be trusted you may be bearing the brunt of that. You can decide if you like her enough to deal with it or if you want to move on. Just don't pretend its ok cause you like her then complain about it later on.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Has she been cheated on in the past?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm going with the Clownmaster on this one. You're comparing apples to oranges. We're not crazy possessive, your girl is, and she happens to be an ENFP with some unhealthy personality traits.

To your credit, I don't think unhealthy extroverted traits like possession mix AT ALL with ENFPs. any sort of possessive personality leads to a lot of unhealthy decisions for us, imo.

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
No, it's not an ENFP thing.

But sing her this song :devil:

[YOUTUBE="MtsmuVA0m7c"]Suspicious Minds[/YOUTUBE]

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I think the better question is "why might an ENFP be clingy?"

to which I answer... I don't know, I'm not an ENFP.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I think the better question is "why might an ENFP a human being be clingy?"

to which I answer... I don't know, I'm not an ENFP.

Fixed.

We're no different than other people when it comes to this sort of thing.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
you could be :yes:

it is possible that different types look at relationships differently.
But your right, it's probably more person to person than type to type.

edit: in defense of myself, I just meant "how might an ENFP be different from others?"(if at all)
details:rolli:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
As erinavery pointed out, she is probably insecure about your relationship.

I also agree with greed about ENFP's prone to take things personally.

ENFP = a personality type

being clingy and possessive = a trait, possibly learned from being hurt in the past

And this too. :yes:
Probably combination of those things. You should treat her with silk gloves until she feels more secure. ;) if you provoke this thing or not take it seriously, it will probably be much worse in the future. Make her feel safe and comfortable and she'll learn to trust you.

Roflcopter

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFPs might be prone to taking things personally, which I think this might be a manifestation of.

Me? I don't get possessive at all, but I do tend to, say, take criticism personally.

I do the opposite. My last gf (INFJ) broke up with me because she was really good friends with another guy (as in spent more time with him than me) and it drove me crazy. BUt on the other hand, i don't take criticism personally.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Are personality types not many compiled traits put together?

yes, personality traits, not relationship behavior traits. i consider my relationships pretty free, but then again i'm a special kind of person... just like everyone else.