• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Potential INFP Problem...

Ectuse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah... If I argue with them on anything circumstantial, they just brush it of, and they are too obsessed with details. I wonder how I would relate with INTJs however? I am practically telepathic in person; I am not tricked usually. However, I get confused easily online. Another problem is my brain is predominately right brained, and my spelling is in accordance to a words sound leading to misspelling sometimes. One example, I like the sound paradoxal, rather than paradoxical leading me to spell it the former. It just feels correct for some reason. My reading comprehension is general alright, but I tend not to focus much on individual "words". It is like I would rather create my own language.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Another problem is my brain is predominately right brained, and my spelling is in accordance to a words sound leading to misspelling sometimes. One example, I like the sound paradoxal, rather than paradoxical leading me to spell it the former. It just feels correct for some reason. My reading comprehension is general alright, but I tend not to focus much on individual "words". It is like I would rather create my own language.

I don't know, are there spelling police on these forums? I haven't been here long enough to see that happen yet. I don't think it's so big of a problem. I mean, really. The INTP's I know are awful at spelling and grammar, but I don't pay attention to that because they have a lot of important stuff to say. I'm sure you do too. So what if you misspell some things or have your own little language? It's quirky, right? Quirky is fun. Quirky makes my world go round. I suppose it's time to break out the cliches and say if you can just be yourself, plenty of people will probably love hanging around you just because you're individually you.

I wonder how I would relate with INTJs however?

Well, if it's worth anything, here's my INFP perspective. I have a dear friend who is an INTJ. A few years ago, we'd have probably hated each other. He's blunt and rude, but incredibly intelligent and absolutely hilarious. I think the reason we're friends is that I had to learn to take him with a grain of salt, too, just like the INTP's but even more so. I was able to become friends with him by:

A) being open minded
B) being a little sarcastic
C) being unwilling to trust anything he said and constantly challenging him
D) refusing to be offended by his rude comments
E) hanging back and not trying to force our friendship

Now, in between the rude comments and mean jokes (which I sort of find endearing) he actually talks to me about personal things, and I think this is a great honor. The only way I survived the shock of his dramatically different personality was by commanding myself to take nothing personally, getting in that sarcasm zone, and giving him the same shit he gave me. It was kind of fun, actually, once I got over myself and my insecurities. Now, when I see other INTJ's post on these forums, instead of being offended or angry like I used to be, I chuckle because I'm reminded of my friend. I think a big part of it is just getting to know how they think and who they are, and once you're familiar with it you can embrace their little eccentricities and find them amusing instead of offensive.

Of course, I'm not you, so who knows what works for you! Just figured I'd pass that along in case any of it is helpful. Or interesting. Or, if nothing else, I'm working toward increasing my post numbers. Mwah hah. :)

Ectuse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well I certainly wouldn't want to bore them, or would I? Which would be harder to deal with, a INTJ or a INTP, for a perceivable INFP?

I admit that I naively continued my posting there, because I was too nervous to start here, and even more nervous due to the lack of response. I find the other INTP forum to be a bit arrogant, but curious enough. This was just a one mind forum I guess... Too much Ti little Ne perhaps? Being oblivious to other types leads to a healthier life perhaps?

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Well I certainly wouldn't want to bore them, or would I? Which would be harder to deal with, a INTJ or a INTP, for a perceivable INFP?

I admit that I naively continued my posting there, because I was too nervous to start here, and even more nervous due to the lack of response. I find the other INTP forum to be a bit arrogant, but curious enough. This was just a one mind forum I guess... Too much Ti little Ne perhaps? Being oblivious to other types leads to a healthy life perhaps?

I don't know, I guess I'd say for me INTP's are a little easier just because we are more similar. I agree that often they can come across as a bit arrogant, and they tell me I come across as too emotional and oversensitive.

INFP's are usually pretty gentle. Would you feel more comfortable starting out your posting in a forum with just INFP's?

I actually get bored on INFP email lists and forums because they're all so much alike that I find it slightly annoying. :) I think the "one mind" forum would happen anywhere that only one type gathers. That's why I landed here, where I could experience many different types of people and perspectives.

Ectuse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I can relate. I find some of the INFPs on their forum to be too "literal" in expression. I care for what I care for, Ti's thy own cause. I don't relish semantics outside of self expression. I certainly wouldn't want to be wired to a rationals ideal system; I have my experiences... I suppose it was obvious I wasn't a rational; I am just not obsessed with data. At least I did not think my musings were absurd, maybe I wasn't meant to be in this world, a anomaly perhaps?

Another question, how developed does everyone think my Fi, and Ne is exactly?