• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] The merit of stuffed animals

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
I used to have a bunch of stuffed animals. Now they're sitting in a box in the garage.

I do, however, have a small pillow that my parents bought me before I was born. The smell and feel of it is deeply rooted in my childhood, which is probably one of the reasons I've never gotten rid of it. Not to mention, it's comfortable.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Wow -- is having stuffed animals a stereotypical NF trait?? I'm a grown woman and an ENFP and I have WAY TOO MANY stuffed animals, enough to stuff 3 garbage bags, though putting them in garbage bags seems too cruel. I have to give away my dolls though and I am embarassed that I still feel attached to ALL of them.

I definitely anthropomorphize my stuffed animals, though even that is going to far because stuffed animals aren't alive. As a kid, I would wish each and every one of my stuffed animals goodnight... and this was in highschool...

Umm...yeah, they are going to Goodwill soon.

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
I have no stuffed toys of my own whatsoever, my step mother binned all our toys when I was 7 and I got over the desire to have them not long after that.

My kids have toys, and my daughters room is a fluffy princess's heaven, but for me.....MEH. :D

My pride is my books, other people have stuffed animals, I have books everywhere.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Having said that, I have to contradict myself by admitting to having owned a small army of He-man "action figures" (dolls really). They were kind of props for the imagination for me, though.

I did the same thing with a hundred little dinosaur figurines...and lego people (...who went on adventures like : "Steve and the Trek to Dinosaur Island" or "Ninjas vs. Underwater Explorers" or "The Ninjas and the Underwater Explorers Go Meet the Dinosaurs"...or something tamer but equally surreal). I was the little kid sitting off to the side somewhere with a toy making weird noises, while in my head I was so far away I didn't even remember where I was at the time.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Segue --> Childhood Toys

Since we're on that topic --

I've always had dolls and accumulated a lot while I was a tween. I was especially fond of Lego's as a child and as a toddler/kid would play with a toy once and throw it away.

I also enjoyed telling stories and writing. As I became a later tween I would spend my weekends (when not with friends) dressing up in clothes and doing my hair and make-up. I also would play around with a video camera and sometimes use dolls to act out impromptu scenes.

Now I'm hoping to pursue a career in entertainment, so I guess some NF tendencies stay with you always and just develop?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I played with a few stuffed animals when I was younger, and now have a couple stuffed animals near my computer, one of which is a Beanie Baby, but I just look at and occasionally talk to them now.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'm still very attached to a 'Furskin's' bear that my hubbie gave me many years ago. His name is Dudley. :blush: I also have a cute little kittie named Tommy O'Malley. It's all good, you never get too old. I should know, because I'm very old. :cry:

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow -- is having stuffed animals a stereotypical NF trait?? I'm a grown woman and an ENFP and I have WAY TOO MANY stuffed animals, enough to stuff 3 garbage bags, though putting them in garbage bags seems too cruel. I have to give away my dolls though and I am embarassed that I still feel attached to ALL of them.

I definitely anthropomorphize my stuffed animals, though even that is going to far because stuffed animals aren't alive. As a kid, I would wish each and every one of my stuffed animals goodnight

Hehe...I do all this stuff too. Do you know what I just noticed?...I give all my stuffed animals the same personality. They are all ENFJs, I think. I wonder who else does this..

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Just for fun, what do stuffed animals mean to you? Do you still keep them around?

I still keep some of my old toys around... they bring back the fond memories of childhood. I used to give each one of them a name and a personality, almost like symbolic interactions.
I have my stuffed animals.
My one teddy bear - his name was Teddy - :blush:
was my best friend for a while, and the only one I could trust.
Some of them are special because of who gave it to me.
But because of my "T" they didn't have a personality.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have one stuffed animal that i've kept since the day i was born. It's a popples, if anyone has any idea what those are. I'm passing it down to my son, who will be born in a few weeks, so it will no longer be mine.
it makes me sad almost. It's the only thing i've kept around my whole life.