• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] The merit of stuffed animals

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
All the stuffed animals I had as a kid were put in garbage bags and thrown in the attic at my parents house except for one I was gonna give to some girl when I was 16. I never gave it to her, so it's still in a drawer somewhere. My goodness, that was about 9 years ago.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I used to sleep with them...for years I had the bear I was given as an infant. I had to stop sleeping with it because the seams were coming loose. However, I do keep a stuffed animal version of my dog on top of my tv and lately it'd been joined by some really goofy duck my mother sent me for Easter. She thought the quacking was adorable (and it is...though it's so cute I want to kill it.).

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had a stuffed koala once. I'm not 100% sure that's legal, but it was kind of old. They're definitely cute.

o__o i have one too. my mother got it from australia before i was born.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
My sister and I successfully prevented our mom from trashing our old stuffed animals. I don't know how many we have -- too many to count!

Some are your normal run of the mill dogs and bears and such, but there are some VERY interesting exceptions, including a raccoon (what kid plays with a stuffed raccoon?), a koala (fake, not real), and a platypus.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
We have a squid, a dragon, probably 2 or 3 raccoons (every kid should have one! so cute! have you seen Pom Poko?), and a mother/baby possum pair with wires in the tails so you can wrap them around stuff and they can hang in your closet or whatever. Also, they velcro together.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
We have a squid, a dragon, probably 2 or 3 raccoons (every kid should have one! so cute! have you seen Pom Poko?), and a mother/baby possum pair with wires in the tails so you can wrap them around stuff and they can hang in your closet or whatever. Also, they velcro together.

Aw, that's adorable! I haven't seen Pom Poko, but a quick google search turned up some cartoony raccoons.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Aw, that's adorable! I haven't seen Pom Poko, but a quick google search turned up some cartoony raccoons.

Cartoony SHAPESHIFTING raccoons. And their ballsacks morph.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj

Raccoon! I used to have a nice big one next to my pillow that I sleep with. A stuffed toy, not a real one. My parents would have freaked out if it was for real... I had it with me for ages... until it started to become too worned out in places that my parents gotten rid of it. :(

But yes, raccoons... cartoon ones or other wise are cute.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
651.jpg

princesssockhead

MBTI Type
INxP
I guess I must be a strong NF when it comes to the stuffed animals. I have at least 35-50 put away in storage and I keep about 7 out all the time. 1 of them is a crazy firefly alien looking thing I named Nimbus that my bf got me when we had just started dating, 1 is a longtime friend named Elli who is a red elephant with white hearts all over her and a pocket which has my named embroidered on it (this was a gift from my grandpa when I was a newborn), 1 is a new elephant named Elle who is just gray and soft as ever (was given to me by my mother when my grandpa passed away this past year), 1 is a quite large white beluga whale named Bing who was given to me by my ex, and the last 3 are a set of Tare pandas purchased in my adult life and used as decoration in my living room.

:)

I think one reason I'm so obsessed with them is giving them great names that are nonsense.

For anyone who enjoyed The Velveteen Rabbit as a child there is a book I just read at the beg. of this year called The Velveteen Principals: A guide to Becoming Real. It ties in quotes and monologues from the children's book and explains how to basically feel ok in your own shoes. I <3 it!

MBTI Type
ENTP
I thought stuffed animals were cool when i was a kid. The thought never occurred to me to use them for comfort. (yeah yeah, I know...that's why this is in the NF section and not the NT section) I just thought that mine were either cute or neat. For example, I had this stuffed green snake from the Smithsonian that was several feet long. It was so awesome, I almost wish I still had it. Though I'm somewhat creeped out by adults that still have stuffed animals.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
I had a stuffed duck, which I pretended had a Popeye-like ability to become rejuvenated. Except instead of it being spinach that rejuvenated him, it was a "juice" that I called.... "strong stuff" in a moment of creative inspiration. This juice was available from any of my four bedposts....provided he could get to said posts. MuaHaha. There was, after all, the stuffed monkey to deal with, who usually got stuck with the villain roles. Then there were the duck's "helpers", of which there were two, one being a stuffed sock puppet. :) And various adventures that might use up the strength reserves. His duck's "bill" got messed up and had to be repaired, because I would use it instead of his abbreviated flipper-wings to "sock" the bad guys, who might be one of the "helpers" playing in a dual role.

I just met a young lady at an art show who custom designs stuffed "monster" toys. She has a Cthulhu "puppet" which is kind of like a glove where the tentacles are operated by your fingers.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Here's my best friend J being attacked by a giant microbe plush toy:

269398434_a43a8e4fba.jpg

sdalek

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Just for fun, what do stuffed animals mean to you? Do you still keep them around?

I still keep some of my old toys around... they bring back the fond memories of childhood. I used to give each one of them a name and a personality, almost like symbolic interactions.

I used to have a toy stuffed dog that I used to play with all the time. I used to stick knitting needles through his paws and pretend they were swords. I also used to tie sections of my old hot-wheels race tracks to his arms and pretend he could fly.

He was gray with a white muzzle and white belly and last I recalled lived in a plastic bag squirreled away in a box by my mother to try and protect him from the elements after we moved to the states.

Eve

Just for fun, what do stuffed animals mean to you? Do you still keep them around?

I never liked stuffed animals.

I still keep some of my old toys around... they bring back the fond memories of childhood. I used to give each one of them a name and a personality, almost like symbolic interactions.

I got few toys, but I enjoyed them while they lasted. I gave what was left when I turned 11 (?) My dad used to give me books. I kept the fairy tale ones as long as I could. Unfortunately, we lived in a small apartment. We didnt' have space to keep things we didn't use anymore.

Alienclock

MBTI Type
infp
I am going to make a stuffed animal and name it princessockhead because that is the best username I have ever read. I am going to make it out of a Princess sock.