• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] How to spot an INFJ?

maliafee

This list isn't exhaustive, but it's a start.

-Often sort of intense, psychic eyes. Where INFP's look like fairies sometimes, INFJ's can look like angels.
-Walk like a ghost, legs first (whatever that means to you, haha, I'll leave it at that).
-Nose can be a bit upturned (not always, but very often).
-Usually quite thin.
-Usually dress... hard to explain. An element of reserve there, but subtle drama, too. They are very good at mixing black with other colors, but not a lot of color usually.
-When they smile for pictures sometimes their eyes remain relaxed, which can make their smile look phony (even though it probably isn't fake).
-They can seem "off-limits" from afar, but once you get to know them, you won't find a better or more caring listener.
-Dry sense of humor, sometimes making fun of others without them being aware of it, subtle puns not uncommon.
-They often have an air of sophistication, even if they don't know this about themselves.
-They would be horrified if they accidentally farted in front of you.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
INFJ's can look like angels.
-Walk like a ghost, legs first (whatever that means to you, haha, I'll leave it at that).
-Nose can be a bit upturned (not always, but very often).
-Usually quite thin.
-Usually dress... hard to explain. An element of reserve there, but subtle drama, too. They are very good at mixing black with other colors, but not a lot of color usually.

Hah this looks so weird in my imagination. A well dressed, ghost legged, angel wings, stick insect body and a pig nose. Hey you're right, that is SH to a T (well, the angel wings part at least) ! :newwink:

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can recognise an INFJ by the aura of golden wonderfulness that surrounds them at all times.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Just look for an ENFP and the friend next to them should be an INFJ.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could you explain this a little more?

-Usually quite thin.
Not all INFJs are thin, though many are. I've met a few that have a bit of weight on them.

Ha. I was just wearing all black with lime green shoes and pink accessories yesterday. I like colors though. Everything I wear is fairly proper, but still dramatic and quirky.

-When they smile for pictures sometimes their eyes remain relaxed, which can make their smile look phony (even though it probably isn't fake).

I don't know. If I smile widely for pictures I look something like a cat.

-They can seem "off-limits" from afar, but once you get to know them, you won't find a better or more caring listener.

Very true.

-Dry sense of humor, sometimes making fun of others without them being aware of it, subtle puns not uncommon.

Dry humor is the best kind of humor! My NTP friends and I have so much fun with this.

-They often have an air of sophistication, even if they don't know this about themselves.

I know :)

-They would be horrified if they accidentally farted in front of you.

:laugh: I guess? Never had that happen though.

Just look for an ENFP and the friend next to them should be an INFJ.

Yes. Or ENXP (meaning either ENTP or ENFP, or both), in my case. But there are more of them than there are INFJs.

invaderzim

MBTI Type
INFJ
They would be horrified if they accidentally farted in front of you.
:yes: This is the only way you can be absolutely sure.

And sometimes they have weird cat eyes.

maliafee

Could you explain this a little more?

Well... it's hard to explain. Even though I've seen some INFJ's who crane their necks forward, they kind of move from place to place like some sort of apparatus is doing the traveling on their behalf. This one is SO hard to explain, easier to see (watch Curb Your Enthusiasm for Larry David's walk, though each person exhibits it a bit differently).

Not all INFJs are thin, though many are. I've met a few that have a bit of weight on them.

Yup.

Ha. I was just wearing all black with lime green shoes and pink accessories yesterday. I like colors though. Everything I wear is fairly proper, but still dramatic and quirky.

This is right in line with INFJ rules, so good job. :D

I didn't mean INFJ's can't wear or are averse to wearing colors. It's more like there's a subdued aspect (often black), which could also, yes, be called "proper" -- but there's often drama too.

I don't know. If I smile widely for pictures I look something like a cat.

This goes right in line with what I'm talking about. The eyes stay focused/open.

:laugh: I guess? Never had that happen though.

Likely you'll never let yourself fart in front of anyone. That's why I said INFJ's would be horrified IF it happened. ;D "IF"...

:yes: This is the only way you can be absolutely sure.
(Re: farting in public upsetting an INFJ)
Too bad you'll never see it happen. Still, the very idea!!!

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Likely you'll never let yourself fart in front of anyone. That's why I said INFJ's would be horrified IF it happened. ;D "IF"...

I thought you were speaking from experience :)

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
INFJ are totally gorgeous and awesome, in fact I have a dear friend who is INFJ but he has a real problem making good friends.... Somehow he rubs peopleup the wrong way.. I don't know how though cos he is TOTALLY gorgeous! (I mean as a person) I think in someways he intimidates them by his air of sophistication and his quite observing eyes. The read it perhaps as judgement or soemthing...

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
i think 1 of the biggest physical characteristics is that they will seem quite distant and as if they are daydreaming. the eyes dont focus and seem spacey, like they're just trying to take in the big picture of what they see in their eyes. a lot of the times they will be contemplating this picture and you can tell because they are very observational

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFJ are totally gorgeous and awesome

I mean...yeah ;)

I think in someways he intimidates them by his air of sophistication and his quite observing eyes. The read it perhaps as judgement or soemthing...

I've heard this before. That I seem judgmental. But I'm totally not as judgmental/critical as I look or sound. I try to accept others and their differences as much as I can.

i think 1 of the biggest physical characteristics is that they will seem quite distant and as if they are daydreaming.

Daydreaming, but still serious/focused.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
From what I've observed IRL:

Lost in space but well-dressed, because they know intuitively what looks good on them. May have a love affair with a particular color or number. Nervous habits may manifest, as they are not always aware of what their hands/feet are doing. Doesn't always make sense when they speak about a topic they aren't familiar with. Has an air of reservation -- not likely to be "too much" of anything.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
i think 1 of the biggest physical characteristics is that they will seem quite distant and as if they are daydreaming. the eyes dont focus and seem spacey, like they're just trying to take in the big picture of what they see in their eyes. a lot of the times they will be contemplating this picture and you can tell because they are very observational

+5, I see this in all the INFJs I know. Looking in the mirror doesn't help cause then staring at my eyes I'm not spacing, but staring. Which isn't very INFJish :D

And about ENFP and the friend next to them being INFJ.... WHICH friend next to them? They generally have a good 3 around them at all times.

And fashion, my favorite clothes are dramatic yet sophisticated to a point. I love business trenchcoats... I need more.

G

Glycerine

Usually respectful but reserved/distant, spacey, serious energy about them but can be playful at the strangest times. I've also heard that I am "strangely charming" (I think that fits the other INFJs that I have met online and IRL).

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
If I had to go by what I sometimes catch myself doing or what others tell me..

-kind, intense eyes
-genuine smile
-quick wit
-devoted to sarcasm
-knowledgeable
-good listener
-can appear distant or cold
-vague
-softspoken
-quiet
-sharp memory
-when I walk I have a sense of purpose (relaxed but strong gait)
-babyfaced (not relevant, but..)
-I speak as if I'm older than I am
-talented in the Arts
-don't mind sitting alone (with Ipod with me)
-huge music/film fan (I speak with much enthusiasm about them)
-very observant
-when angered I surprise people with blatant rage (not afraid to fight if I need to)
-can be many different people at different times
-feels the need to be "right" all the time