• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF and ADD

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Someone mentioned misdiagonoses and someone else mentioned braina ctivity. Yes, I've heard that those who truely have ADD do have some kind of neurological differences in the brain. I've also heard that its been estimated that only about 10% of people diagnosed with ADD actually have these neurological differences and are likely being misdiagnosed...

So... is NF sometimes mistaken for ADD then or something?

Also, is it true that INFP has a higher chance of getting depression or suicidal thoughts than others?

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
I guess people don't notice ADD in us because we're not as hyper as some of the others. A hyper child is a good child, right?

I think I have traits of ADD, OCD, Asperger's, Autism, Avoidance, etc. etc. Getting diagnosed would just be a chore.

chocolatethundaa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
All my teachers had suggested I get tested for ADHD as a child due to my behaviours at school but not once was I officially diagnosed by any of the many doctors we went too. I guess when it came down to it, I was just too interested in and focused on any of the tests that I was present at to be identifiably AD

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Rather than NF, I think being an NP can make you have traits similar to ADD. I think this is especially bad for ENP's, because Ne is the trait makes one's mind flutter all over the place. I took an online test that said if you score above a 10 you might have ADD. I scored a 37, lol. I don't think I have ADD though, because I have no trouble focusing when motivated. Rather I believe that I have a heavy dose of Ne.

:laugh:

agreed.

Someone mentioned misdiagonoses and someone else mentioned braina ctivity. Yes, I've heard that those who truely have ADD do have some kind of neurological differences in the brain. I've also heard that its been estimated that only about 10% of people diagnosed with ADD actually have these neurological differences and are likely being misdiagnosed...

as of last i heard, what's been found in people with ADD includes oddities in functioning of the dopamine pathways, essentially the brain's reward system - as well as lower overall brain activity, which indicates needing more external stimulation to function at the same level as others. so in some ways that does correlate with Ne or Se, both of which prefer high levels of information and excitement.

i'm not sure how that would end up correlating with NF in particular, though. to be honest it might just be that NFs are kind of "weird" and introspective in general and therefore end up getting diagnosed more often.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Rather than NF, I think being an NP can make you have traits similar to ADD. I think this is especially bad for ENP's, because Ne is the trait makes one's mind flutter all over the place. I took an online test that said if you score above a 10 you might have ADD. I scored a 37, lol. I don't think I have ADD though, because I have no trouble focusing when motivated. Rather I believe that I have a heavy dose of Ne.

I tend to agree with this. I've asked if I have ADD myself. For what it's worth, I only know 2 people with ADD. One's an ENFP, the other's an ENTP. It sort of fits into being an Ne dom.