• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Feeling sad and lost

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you chase the blues away?

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
*emotional look*
Why? Can I do something for you?

Do it with rock 'n roll ;)

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
For me.
Apathy (mostly to build up energy),
Confronting the problem,
Rationalization (if possible),
Then healing (probably by being held, and being told everything is going to be alright, by someone you love).

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I let myself be sad for a little bit, maybe write some stuff to channel it into something good, then do something mindless to get my mind off it. If it's really bothering me, then I have to tackle it head-on, or I get nothing else done.

Hugs are a quick way to speed up the healing process for me, though. :D

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
try concentrating on your breathing, and on RIGHT NOW. It works for me usually.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I put on my superman suit and look at myself in the mirror.

Serendipity

MBTI Type
RAD
Well uh, for me I guess crying and being with myself and no other. Screaming if I want to. Wallowing if I have to. Howling to the full moon. Walk around in the city and seeing children play with each other usually breaks a smile and I feel happy about their interaction. If I am allowed by their parent I'd love to join in and play the vicious monster attacking them. Roar. :p
Usually only done with cousins. I love playing. So much fun. And the laughter one can relieve of one self.. Wah. I want to go out and play in the grass right now. But I can't. There's no grass in Kunming. :/ Chinese prefer stone. o_O Crazy. Oh, think of all the crazy stories is another fun thing to do. Whether they are sad or gory or happy or melancholic... they tend to end up a bit as I feel at the moment and gives plenty of analyzing to deal with, if ones into that.

Or staring at the tv screen and not listening to the story. Just seeing the characters as if they're out of context. That cheers me up as well.

But umm, write and sing and dance until everything fades into something else.
Is there any one human being who is not lost? o_O I mean.. I don't know what I mean.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No grass! Yeah when I did a stint in S.Korea, I missed grass too. And starry skies.

Serendipity

MBTI Type
RAD
No grass! Yeah when I did a stint in S.Korea, I missed grass too. And starry skies.

Stint? What's "stint"?

Yeah, no stars here but I'm going to zixanbana(It might be spelled like that but take into account that it is pinyin without tones) and I have heard there's supposed to be trees and grass and forests and clear skies! :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Listen to some upbeat music. Trust me. Apparently with Fi users you can listen to music to intentionally influence your mood, it works.

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
I put on my superman suit and look at myself in the mirror.

:rofl1:

By the way, love your username, Fluffywolf. You trying to catch NFs or something? We might all line up to have a :hug: from you with a username like that. :D You have been warned!

When I'm feeling sad and lost I arrange to meet friends even if I can't see them right then and there. Gives me something to look forward to. Lighting lots of candles and a scented oil lamp and dipping into a good book is also good. Going on a new adventure works. Doing something I've never done before or going somewhere I've never been before. Sometimes hiding somewhere and having a good cry if I feel too down in the dumps. Feel better afterwards. The pressure melts away and I feel more positive and ready to come out and face the world again afterwards.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:rofl1:

By the way, love your username, Fluffywolf. You trying to catch NFs or something? We might all line up to have a :hug: from you with a username like that. :D You have been warned!

I am most certainly biased towards the NF's, and I'm all for hugs as long as it happens in a somewhat orderly fashion so I can actually take the time to enjoy the hugs. :blush:

You don't mind if I refuse to take heed of your warning, do you?

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
I am most certainly biased towards the NF's, and I'm all for hugs as long as it happens in a somewhat orderly fashion so I can actually take the time to enjoy the hugs. :blush:

You don't mind if I refuse to take heed of your warning, do you?
*Makes a mental note to read all the small print first* How much are you going to charge us for the hugs? More precisely, what exactly will you charge? :newwink: I remember that LastingPain was trying to charge Jennifer for hugs on the thread about INTP girls!

Orderly fashion? Orderly fashion? :doh: ENFPs don't do orderly fashion I'm afraid!:yes:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just don't go all at once. :<

velocity

MBTI Type
epic
nothing like some good old repression
displacement
projection

you know, all that good stuff :D

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry, I feeling out of sorts. I think I need a holiday. Desperately.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I let myself feel bad...then I cry...then I go eat something heart-warming and good for me. Then I go outside and walk for a bit. Then I feel better. :)

I second the holiday. Do something for yourself, by yourself, you'll come back looking at the world differently.

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Just don't go all at once. :<
You mean you’d be disappointed with one of those runaway hugs? Even if it was delivered with great spirit and enthusiasm?

Well, I could offer a snug-hug, all cosy and lingering, resting heads on one another’s shoulders (dependent on our respective height difference of course!) but I’d be a bit worried about the second part of your username, Fluffy. What if you suddenly decide to expose your teeth and take a chunk out of my shoulder? :shock:

Vacancy available for the position of standby woodcutter for Red Riding Hood. Any volunteers? :D