• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do you "feel" memories?

sculpting

Think back to a memory-either a happy or a sad one. Pay attention to the physical sensation the memory evokes.

a)Do you begin to feel the actual emotion you felt but it a reduced level of intensity?

b)Do you feel nuetral emotionally but recall fondly?

C)Do you feel a bit empty as you can not revive the emotional context of the memory?

d)Do you actually experience the emotion more strongly in the memory than you did in the actual event?

Gengar

MBTI Type
INFP
It really depends on what type of memory. In answering your question I put 'success' in terms of happiness'.

I feel (a) and (b) a lot, especially when I look upon my successes in the past.

I get (c) when an event appeared to be success at the time but turned out to be rather insignificant later on in my life.

I only ever get (d) for those that I developed feelings for but never got a chance to be with. E.g. a girl who I liked at that time, but I never got the chance to ask out. When I reflect upon memories with her, I always get the sensation that I could have 'done something better'. The butterfly feeling I get now is definitely stronger than the one I had before, because now she's gone and I lost my chance.

:)

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This is a really complicated answer for me. It really has to do with...

>How recent the memory is.
>How strongly I feel about the memory.
>What emotions were involved when the memory formed.
>And how strong the emotions were when the memory formed.

Sometimes I won't actually be able to recall the events very vividly, but the emotions will be there, and sometimes they will still be pretty strong.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Think back to a memory-either a happy or a sad one. Pay attention to the physical sensation the memory evokes.

a)Do you begin to feel the actual emotion you felt but it a reduced level of intensity?

C)Do you feel a bit empty as you can not revive the emotional context of the memory?

d)Do you actually experience the emotion more strongly in the memory than you did in the actual event?

Usually A and D.
Memories that aren't "mine" usually get D too.
B if it's really early in my childhood.

And C... never happened.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
How emotional association happens with memory, complicated to assess at times, be leaning to a and b with c and d secondary.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Yeah, the bad ones, usually. Ones where I was hurt. They start to fade after a bit, become less painful. That's a good thing.

The grand majority of memories are like this, yes.

Not often. I can't think of an example of this one for me. Sorry. :(

I do when it's a time that I wish with all my heart I could relive. It's strange, but I feel like this when I recall being around four-or-five, because many of my old friends who are distant now were close to me then. I still see them nowadays, but it's never the same, and I kind of romanticize how close we were in my head. You know, before people moved or their parents divorced or died...when everything was simple. :D

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Maybe the way that we recall our memories of past events may/may not relate to a feeling of 'finished'/ 'unfinished' business?

It's usually A for me with a hint of warmth? When I recall all the good times, it makes me smile; I can remember how it felt, the time of day, the styles/fad at that time? :) Little idiosyncratic stuff like dat.

With the more sad memories? I'm more neutral about it. Sometimes, I can get really sad if I really place myself in that spot, but I try not to, bc there is no use for it.

I tend to remember all the good times so that I can remind myself to take the good with the bad to make the best of the situation. Life works in the most mysterious ways- so long as I learn from it? I think it's good to smile when looking at the past so that we can carry on for the future?

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I can have the residue of an emotion when I recall an event and sometimes I will feel more strongly about the event as I recall it than when it actually happened, but that's usually if something has happened since to change the signifcance of the event...

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yes, definitely. This is off the subject, but last night I was talking to this girl (stranger), and I could like feel her emotion (intensely depressed and bearing the weight of the world). It was really odd how I felt the heaviness of what she was carrying. It was all based on nothing but intuition--she didn't say anything... only confirmed later that my guess was accurate. This is the first time that has happened to me in a while. Weird.

sculpting

Yes, definitely. This is off the subject, but last night I was talking to this girl (stranger), and I could like feel her emotion (intensely depressed and bearing the weight of the world). It was really odd how I felt the heaviness of what she was carrying. It was all based on nothing but intuition--she didn't say anything... only confirmed later that my guess was accurate. This is the first time that has happened to me in a while. Weird.

I do this a lot. I really hate it honestly. It is painful for me and I dont like it. Makes me want to be a thinker.

I pick about 60% C and 40% A to the original question