• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs: do you like psychopaths?

Do you like fictional psychopaths?

• Total voters
G

garbage

I think you meant Anti-Social, or Dissociative. Because who wants an axe murder?

I'm not lying or joking when I say that one of my best friends has killed three people and just got out of prison less than a year ago.

that probably answers the OP to a certain extent

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yikes greed...let's pretend you are. :cheese:

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Well, I usualy like them. But when they do something I don't like, they should just watch out! I can't help it, but when a psychopath/sociopath starts annoying me, I just HAVE to, NEED to "play" with them. Then I start some kind of "competition", where I annoy the psychopath, and they annoy me back, and then I annoy them, until one of us drives the other crazy and the other one get scared and doesn't want to see the "winner" anymore. I win, most of the time.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not lying or joking when I say that one of my best friends has killed three people and just got out of prison less than a year ago.

:thelook:

Self-defense?

L

Lasting_Pain

I have no idea what to say.

G

garbage

Sometimes, all a person needs to become a fully functioning member of society is to not have someone give up on them, especially after they've already paid the price for their past mistakes. There's a lot of reality out there--and many facets to all individuals--that a lot of people would just rather not deal with. Where's the fun in that?

That said, I'm not his friend out of some fascination about his past, but I must admit that it's been a worthwhile and intriguing exercise delving into the psychology of a world so foreign to mine.

L

Lasting_Pain

Sometimes, all a person needs to become a fully functioning member of society is to not have someone give up on them, especially after they've already paid the price for their past mistakes. There's a lot of reality out there--and many facets to all individuals--that a lot of people would just rather not deal with. Where's the fun in that?

That said, I'm not his friend out of some fascination about his past, but I must admit that it's been a worthwhile and intriguing exercise delving into the psychology of a world so foreign to mine.

Well be careful. Recidivism rate is pretty high these days. Hate to see you be a victim or anything of the sort.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2

Yeah, I'm going to have to nitpick. This person killed three people and none of the murders got him life? Who is this person's lawyer? Does he do pro bono?

I'm wondering if there is a slight romanticizing of a psychopath? Check this out: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...12232-ultraviolent-women.html?highlight=women Maybe this is some ENFP trope, kind of like The Reformed Rake who often appears in romance books and the woman who tamed him. I'm all about abnormal psychology with a long stick and a taser. Maybe ENFPs believe they're The Ones who can reach your friendly neighborhood psychopath?

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have no desire to reform a headcase. None.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Did he kill three people before, after, or while serving the prison sentence? :thelook:

L

Lasting_Pain

I assume before, but if so, how the heck is he getting out. Frickken Criminal Justice System

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I saw cheerchick's thread "ENFPs and exes" and misread it as "ENFPs and axes". Going from there I thought it would be interesting to see how many other ENFPs find psychopaths (at least in fiction) to be cool and inteiging. Some of my favourite movie characters are psychos.

lol, I don't like psychopats but I do find reading about them interesting. I wouldn't want to meet one althought I probably have met one already at some point in my life....:thinking:

G

garbage

I assume before, but if so, how the heck is he getting out. Frickken Criminal Justice System

Did he kill three people before, after, or while serving the prison sentence? :thelook:

Manslaughter. Took place before and during the sentence. There are other factors at play, too.

aaand that's all i'm going to say on the subject.. didn't mean to open up this huge can of worms

AgentOrange

MBTI Type
ENFP
I find psychopaths, mostly fictional, clever ones to being interesting. I like interesting things. tah duh!

Can anyone else agree that Kevin Spacey is unusually good at playing these kinds of roles?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
No, not really.

The most disturbing book I ever read was American Psycho.

I am obsessed with psychopathy, but I certainly do not *like* psychopaths.

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Must be the ENFP trait of wanting to have a finger in every pie. The hating to turn down opportunities part of the ENFP. Like 'This person might be a bit creepy, but sure I'll give them a chance. Let's see how things turn out and what happens.' Can open up good new experiences or it can go the other way.

Can't remember who said on one of these boards somewhere that it's so much fun to lead an ENFP astray because you can knock on their door at two in the morning and they'll still be up for an adventure. Saying no to interesting possibilities is very difficult.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
My ENFP friend finds Angela the "psychobitch" from Heroes to be his favorite character ever. "It sounds awful, but she's like my role model," he told me once. "She's so crazy that it's awesome." Lol.