• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs: do you like psychopaths?

Do you like fictional psychopaths?

• Total voters

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've always thought it would be an interesting experience to work in an insane asylum... :shock:

If I could refrain from taking the sad stories home with me, I'd do it. That's why I'm hesitant about going in psychology- people don't realize how said the issue of mental health is and how misunderstood it is.

I want to work in a morgue funeral home, not morgue. Morgues are sadder.

I have to admit, I'm attracted to the dark triad (of personality traits) in men (and sometimes in women but I tend to look for a more submissive girl- sometimes I look for that in men, too. And sometimes I am the more submissive type, myself. :huh:) which are self centeredness, cruelty and something else. I forget.

As for the subject at hand, sometimes I feel I have sociopathic tendencies stopping just short of hurting others.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
<3 psychopaths

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
holy fuck..I was just thinking in my head about this..

My favoriote psychopath is Jack Torrance from the Shining:
The%20Shining.jpg

my second favorite is George Lutz from Amityville murder:
haunting-george.jpg

furthermore..
I have a sick fascination and draw towards axes and axe murderers (Jack Torrance in Kubrick's The Shining and George Lutz were both axe men). Maybe it's the Lumberjack blood in me.
6a00d8341c60bf53ef012876a8aa1e970c-500wi

edit: Another psychopath came to mind:
Trashcan Man from The Stand was extremely psychopathic. He was also a pyromaniac...makes for a hot combination, eh? But he was one of more favorite characters from Stephen King's epic, and fascinated me the most I can say.

Jim Morrison wasn't a psychopath but he was surely on the road to becoming one, and as some of you know, I've been intrigued by him as well.

Rebeka

MBTI Type
ENFP
i'd like meeting one of them just to know up to which degree are they empathetic enough or will be led to commit evil deeds , I am amazing of them, but ofc, i don't want them among my acquaintances... just to "study" them :D

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I find them very interesting, though, from a psychology case study. I'd want to pick their brain left and right. Would I want to get to know one on a deeper level than purely for my intellectual interests? No. Though, that's also saying would I use that as a factor in whether I would talk to someone or not and place some judgement over them? No. Like any other characteristic, it really is a case by case study of who I would like or find interest in.

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't like psychopaths. In movies I very much like them and almost find myself rooting for them, just because they're interesting and fictional. In real life, however, the ones I've met have been people I didn't very much like at all.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
Psychopaths make cool characters, but not for their likeability, lol...

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I like. Cus i am one of them. I can relate

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Oh we're all mad here...You may have noticed, I'm not all there myself...that being said not all psychopaths are bad or even obviously different.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They do, but not as much as INFP's, though ENFP's have motions that are more close to borderline personality disorder than INFP's, according to my observations and/or more prone to exhibit borderline-like behaviour and borderlines are mostly attracted to people with antisocial personality disorder, though if I am to delve in my past, I used to know a borderline/depressed psychology student who was an INFP. We spent a night, the sex was not that good however judging from her wrist cuts, I gave her a nice beating and guess what, she loved it. I remember her saying ''This is like cutting my wrists'', I remember I responded in quote ''Next time you feel the urge, come see me.'' Though through second-thinking, this idea was meant to implement itself, so that sentence was not that necessary. Afterwards, she tried to create co-dependency in her own way, not a wise move, so I decided to let her go. I suppose she was not observant enough to see that I was seeing through her behaviours, where I was expecting her to analyze me, I found myself analyzing her, interestingly. She had an aptitude for the psychological but that was unfortunately not enough, I suppose. In the end, I remember 2, or maybe 4 INFP's (one of them appeared as an INTP through the tests but what I saw was a very, very INFP person) that were in my life due to the magnetism I intentionally propagated but I also happen to remember 2 ENFP's. So yes, judging from my observations xNFP's are attracted to people who show antisocial and/or sadistic traits.

PS: Liking someone or being into someone with antisocial and/or sadistic traits mostly has a prequisite of a strong todestrieb, death-drive. From what I see; xNFP's can be more prone to depression than other MBTI types and depression may be psychoanalytically, caused by aggression felt against the outside world projected to the ego or self, which is associated with the death-drive, for according to dear old Sigmund, the objective of the death-drive is to return the object into the inanimate state supposed to exist before life.

PPS: These observations are the basis of my assumptions or dialectically, it can be the other way around, however, this does not change the fact that these are assumptions and they will continue to be so until more efficient and quantifiable data is provided.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They re fascinating to figure out, for sure.

The downside is theyre like that Abyss Niesche was talking about - they stare right back at you, and worse, they happily test out every button they can push to exploit every weakness they see. The method of stufy is night and day different.

I guess we re just as fascinating to them, so in that regard they re just like us - without the moral consideration of what it does to the person when pushing those buttons.

[MENTION=32548]Glados[/MENTION], youre likely Infj, btw.

Starry

They do, but not as much as INFP's, though ENFP's have motions that are more close to borderline personality disorder than INFP's, according to my observations and/or more prone to exhibit borderline-like behaviour and borderlines are mostly attracted to people with antisocial personality disorder, though if I am to delve in my past, I used to know a borderline/depressed psychology student who was an INFP. We spent a night, the sex was not that good however judging from her wrist cuts, I gave her a nice beating and guess what, she loved it. I remember her saying ''This is like cutting my wrists'', I remember I responded in quote ''Next time you feel the urge, come see me.'' Though through second-thinking, this idea was meant to implement itself, so that sentence was not that necessary. Afterwards, she tried to create co-dependency in her own way, not a wise move, so I decided to let her go. I suppose she was not observant enough to see that I was seeing through her behaviours, where I was expecting her to analyze me, I found myself analyzing her, interestingly. She had an aptitude for the psychological but that was unfortunately not enough, I suppose. In the end, I remember 2, or maybe 4 INFP's (one of them appeared as an INTP through the tests but what I saw was a very, very INFP person) that were in my life due to the magnetism I intentionally propagated but I also happen to remember 2 ENFP's. So yes, judging from my observations xNFP's are attracted to people who show antisocial and/or sadistic traits.

PS: Liking someone or being into someone with antisocial and/or sadistic traits mostly has a prequisite of a strong todestrieb, death-drive. From what I see; xNFP's can be more prone to depression than other MBTI types and depression may be psychoanalytically, caused by aggression felt against the outside world projected to the ego or self, which is associated with the death-drive, for according to dear old Sigmund, the objective of the death-drive is to return the object into the inanimate state supposed to exist before life.

PPS: These observations are the basis of my assumptions or dialectically, it can be the other way around, however, this does not change the fact that these are assumptions and they will continue to be so until more efficient and quantifiable data is provided.

Damn. I came here to see all the ugly avatars together in one place again and now I need therapy. Or, to be honest, I need for the total recall technology to be available in our present time.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nah lack of empathy is decidedly unattractive

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nah lack of empathy is decidedly unattractive

Based on theoretical approaches and observations, I can not really say that psychopaths lack empathy, in fact, I can say that psychopaths can be very empathetic, but this empathy is rather cognitive than personal or compassionate, without empathy actually, you can not know for example, if you are going to hurt somebody, where is it going to hurt most, so no.

Starry

Based on theoretical approaches and observations, I can not really say that psychopaths lack empathy, in fact, I can say that psychopaths can be very empathetic, but this empathy is rather cognitive than personal or compassionate, without empathy actually, you can not know for example, if you are going to hurt somebody, where is it going to hurt most, so no.

Define empathy for us ENFPs if you would...

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Define empathy for us ENFPs if you would...

Define what kind of empathy? The kind of empathy that an ENFP feels? If so, that'd be quite hard to do for it'll lead to generalization, thus it'd be inaccurate, though if you knew me on a personal level, I was going to think that you deliberately want me to subconsciously empathise with an ENFP to define their version of empathy. If that was the case, I'd appreciate such a noble effort, though, to go back to the topic at hand, the empathy everyone experiences is based on their perspectives and their understanding of themselves and others based on those perspectives, so, sharing an MBTI result with somebody else does not mean that you empathise the way they do, or they empathise the way you do.

If you want my own, subjective definition of empathy on the other hand, I can do that, but there would be categorizations, otherwise these definitions would not be accurate, even on a subjective basis.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Define what kind of empathy? The kind of empathy that an ENFP feels? If so, that'd be quite hard to do for it'll lead to generalization, thus it'd be inaccurate, though if you knew me on a personal level, I was going to think that you deliberately want me to subconsciously empathise with an ENFP to define their version of empathy. If that was the case, I'd appreciate such a noble effort, though, to go back to the topic at hand, the empathy everyone experiences is based on their perspectives and their understanding of themselves and others based on those perspectives, so, sharing an MBTI result with somebody else does not mean that you empathise the way they do, or they empathise the way you do.

If you want my own, subjective definition of empathy on the other hand, I can do that, but there would be categorizations, otherwise these definitions would not be accurate, even on a subjective basis.

So then if empathy isn't the defining characteristic when determining whether someone is a psychopath, then what is? I love semantics and am happy to get into the nitty gritty here. I can't respond to the question in the OP properly if I don't have a clear understanding of what delineates a psychopath. I was always under the impression that it was lack of empathy. I don't think this is a diversion or attempt to ENFP-wash our terms.