• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] the biggest "hippies"

revolve

this is just for poops & giggles . . .

I was just wondering who ya'll feel are the biggest hippies of all the types??? I mean the kind that goes to tons of those outdoor concerts in the summer & isn't annoyed by port - a - potty use . . . the happy laid back type of hippy, not the yuppy uppity metropolitan type hippy. The type to dress the part & shop at co-ops regularly & stay a vegetarian for more than 6 months . . . i'm talkin' the real deal . . . I don't think it's ENFP because I don't think we have the dedication to stick so firmly to one set image . . . this is just for fun because it's something that i just cannot figure out!!! i am stumped!!! could it be ESFP . . . ???

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I work with one of those and she is definitely an ENFP...an extremely f'd up one I might add. I think most of them are NFP's

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'd guess infp or isfp

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not me, that's for sure. I have a distaste for hippies actually.
I think for INFPs, it's the fierce dedication to a "cause" that would make some so unwavering in a hippy lifestyle. However, many of us have very different "causes".

I would guess a lot of hippies are extroverts though. The whole free spirit, free love thing isn't very private, as introverts tend to be (especially INFPs...we are not open doors).

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
NFs in general although I can fit into a lot of the OP criteria :blush:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know an ISFP that has it covered. I can't out hippie him....I'm a pretty good hippy though, except for being a vego...I don't eat that much meat, but I do eat it occasionally, so I don't get anaemic.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
First Place: ISFP.
Second Place: INFP.
Third Place: ENFJ.

revolve

I think Shaula above me here really has it covered . . . and it totally makes sense . . . because like Trinity - I meet some of the criteria sometimes, but i love too many different styles of music, fashion etc. so my image never has cohesion / nothing about me goes together so i'm too "eclectic" to be a barefoot hippy dippy hippy. and i think the ISFP is in 1st place for the nomination because i think you have to have that "S" to follow through on those tangible things we can all observe & agree upon in hippydom - and an ENFJ in 3rd place because that extraverted feeling . . . it loves everyone . . . . and the "J" will make the look / feel of hippydom come together to convey the image thoroughly. so yeah . . .

You guys are awesome!!! Thank you for all of your splendid responses! Ya'll are fun! keep 'em coming . . . .

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
L

Lasting_Pain

NFPs would be the ones with the greatest potential for being a hippie

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think Shaula above me here really has it covered . . . and it totally makes sense . . . because like Trinity - I meet some of the criteria sometimes, but i love too many different styles of music, fashion etc. so my image never has cohesion / nothing about me goes together so i'm too "eclectic" to be a barefoot hippy dippy hippy. and i think the ISFP is in 1st place for the nomination because i think you have to have that "S" to follow through on those tangible things we can all observe & agree upon in hippydom - and an ENFJ in 3rd place because that extraverted feeling . . . it loves everyone . . . . and the "J" will make the look / feel of hippydom come together to convey the image thoroughly. so yeah . . .

You guys are awesome!!! Thank you for all of your splendid responses! Ya'll are fun! keep 'em coming . . . .

How does INFP fit into this system?
I am an INFP of course, and my clothes and taste in music are very eclectic.

CarolineJ

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have a property in a very hippy/New Age area of South Africa. Many of the hippies there are vegan or vegetarian. They care for animals in a general way but they aren't as likely to step in and rescue an animal like an xNFJ of ISFJ would. I think most are SP types mostly because it's a group and most of them conform to the group dynamics. It's a pretty mundane life and only an SP type could stand the practical/financial struggles on a daily basis. There are some NF types there. They tend to be more the healer types and are more likely to come and go. I'm embraced as a psychic/medium even though I'm better off financially. I notice that NFJs are really respected there even though they are on the outskirts (we aren't really group people). There are quite a few SJs there as well. They tend to have grown up in a hippy family and to them it's their tradition.

Last edited:
I’m am not a card carrying member of the Sunny Happy Hippie club. Nor have I ever been. I may have dated a member or two. Although even they weren’t hardcore gold card carrying members. Shaved and bathed was mandatory, not optional. :sick:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it has less to do with mbti and more ties with enneagram or other personality facets/motivations.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have spent a lot of time with "hippies" and at those types of events...

there is a really exhaustive list of requirements, so i'll use a spoiler tag...

there are all types, that's one of several reasons it's "rainbow family"...

I kind of am, but I don't really fit the mold in a legit way. More just because I listen to hippie music sometimes, dress kind of bohemian, do yoga, and am a vegan, but that doesn't really make someone a hippie. I tried to join one of those hippie dippie housing co-ops in college where the students there embraced that lifestyle, but didn't fit in so I didn't join. A lot of the people there seemed really NFish, but who knows. I really love subcultures in general though, but I don't really belong anywhere. I just do my own thing and don't conform to any set standard because screw rules.

Icedream

Absurdus Malum
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Real hippies don't need drugs to get high. They're just there naturally