User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by revolve View Post
    I think Shaula above me here really has it covered . . . and it totally makes sense . . . because like Trinity - I meet some of the criteria sometimes, but i love too many different styles of music, fashion etc. so my image never has cohesion / nothing about me goes together so i'm too "eclectic" to be a barefoot hippy dippy hippy. and i think the ISFP is in 1st place for the nomination because i think you have to have that "S" to follow through on those tangible things we can all observe & agree upon in hippydom - and an ENFJ in 3rd place because that extraverted feeling . . . it loves everyone . . . . and the "J" will make the look / feel of hippydom come together to convey the image thoroughly. so yeah . . .

You guys are awesome!!! Thank you for all of your splendid responses! Ya'll are fun! keep 'em coming . . . .
    How does INFP fit into this system?
    I am an INFP of course, and my clothes and taste in music are very eclectic.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    NFPs would be the ones with the greatest potential for being a hippie
    Someone wants a punch in the skull.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    If you try to label INFPs hippies, you will get my answer to this: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...irit-like.html

Capitalism is my anti-hippy...
    Mean INFPs unite!
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ

I have a property in a very hippy/New Age area of South Africa. Many of the hippies there are vegan or vegetarian. They care for animals in a general way but they aren't as likely to step in and rescue an animal like an xNFJ of ISFJ would. I think most are SP types mostly because it's a group and most of them conform to the group dynamics. It's a pretty mundane life and only an SP type could stand the practical/financial struggles on a daily basis. There are some NF types there. They tend to be more the healer types and are more likely to come and go. I'm embraced as a psychic/medium even though I'm better off financially. I notice that NFJs are really respected there even though they are on the outskirts (we aren't really group people). There are quite a few SJs there as well. They tend to have grown up in a hippy family and to them it's their tradition.
    Last edited by CarolineJ; 03-26-2018 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Type

Used Thread Salesman Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I’m am not a card carrying member of the Sunny Happy Hippie club. Nor have I ever been. I may have dated a member or two. Although even they weren’t hardcore gold card carrying members. Shaved and bathed was mandatory, not optional.

Enneagram
    4 sp

I think it has less to do with mbti and more ties with enneagram or other personality facets/motivations.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

i have spent a lot of time with "hippies" and at those types of events...

there is a really exhaustive list of requirements, so i'll use a spoiler tag...

there are all types, that's one of several reasons it's "rainbow family"...
    “The only intelligent tactical response to life’s horror is to laugh defiantly at it.”
    ― søren kierkegaard

“Most men are not wicked... They are sleep-walkers, not evil evildoers.”
    ―franz kafka

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
    ― kurt vonnegut

I kind of am, but I don't really fit the mold in a legit way. More just because I listen to hippie music sometimes, dress kind of bohemian, do yoga, and am a vegan, but that doesn't really make someone a hippie. I tried to join one of those hippie dippie housing co-ops in college where the students there embraced that lifestyle, but didn't fit in so I didn't join. A lot of the people there seemed really NFish, but who knows. I really love subcultures in general though, but I don't really belong anywhere. I just do my own thing and don't conform to any set standard because screw rules.
    "A real artist may create his picture in a lonely desert... gods look over his shoulder; he creates in their company. What does he care whether or not anybody admires his picture?" {Rudolf Steiner}
    Likes Qlip, Population: 1 liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram

Real hippies don't need drugs to get high. They're just there naturally