• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's: Have you ever been called 'too sensitive'?

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No, surprisingly. But there were some rare instances were people told me to "chill", because I got heated about something they percieved as not being worth a discussion.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I get "calm down" a lot and I'm not actually hyped up .. I'm like you don't want to see me angry 😡 this is just passion lol

Haha

No.

I have definitely been branded as taking things too seriously though. Usually when people hurl insults. I don’t playfully insult people and find the practice immensely annoying. If I’m insulting you it’s genuine. Same with my compliments. I’m pretty straightforward about things.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
People don't call me too sensitive, because they know it would upset me, which proves it's true.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sometimes, I've been accused of the other way around and being not sensitive enough. Or at least, I've been accused of being too nonchalant, or people try to pry for reactions from me when the way I feel is not apparent. Or some people have said I take a long time to warm up when I'm not comfortable with a lot of the people. I am very careful not to be rude and don't like hurting people's feelings. I'm just very quiet so people read into me the wrong way.

Though when I do feel comfortable expressing my feelings to people, I do go a bit overboard especially with anxiety if anything comes up. I am usually calm but there are a few triggers that when they are pressed, I do get into highly sensitive mode. Many times in my life, I have been called too sensitive. I'm a strange child how people accuse me of both extremes depending how well they know me. I would say it depends on the situation but I do indeed fall into both at times. I don't always let things show on the surface but I am very sensitive to criticism or when those i care about are hurt, and to animals. In the workplace, me being "too sensitive" has played a bit of a role too.