User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INxP

I think I do take on emotionally, physically, and intellectually challenging experiences. It's just that I am driven by challenge itself. I like to be able to solve things using all of the above tools all at once. I have found that I tend to compound and create challenge within relationship, education, and my work experiences. I think it's one of the very reasons (well besides being artistic, creative, and visually driven) that I can't get math. I make it too hard and complex, not logical by any means.

Interpersonally I also take on challenges that I know I will have to work at. My relationships tend to be with withdrawn unemotional types who are highly intellectual and analytical. I pursue friendships that require empathy and a high level of maintenance. I also befriend those who are outsiders, disadvantaged possibly and generally those who need to be listened to, and nurtured. I usually enjoy my work to be difficult intellectually as well as some degree socially where I have to put my needs aside to help others; I'm good at training people for this reason.

I think that I remain possibly too idealic in my life outlook and these challenges ground me, keep me in the present. I've always learned the most about myself and others in hard-scary times.
    He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye. -- Buddha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Oh God, please no! I'd rather take a beating.

I want to solve emotional/interpersonal stuff so that it gets all peaceful and I can feel happy contented feelings, not all the unpleasant, scary ones.

I have no doubt in my mind that I am strong and can get through all manner of crap. I don't need anymore proof. Bring on the peace and love.
    I agree with this. I do like to challenge myself in an intellectual way but I would run from emotional challenges if given the chance!

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Do any NFs look for or put themselves into situations that will stretch their emotional boundaries?
    no.

i'd rather poke myself in the eye with a rusty nail.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's funny. I'm not NF, but I find psychiatry fascinating, because I'm less focused on my feelings there and more focused on understanding and resolving the issue.

Also, those emotions are not being directed at ME specifically, I'm essentially a "third party" -- so I can discount them pretty easily.

So it's an opportunity to not just help someone find their way / nurture them, but also a chance to explore and understand and see the bigger picture of human beings and how they work.
    I am an INFJ (the "counselor") and just happen to love psychology/counseling and for the reasons that Jennifer stated. I love being able to remain neutral, listen to someone, be epathetic and allow that person to work out the issue themselves. I have heard it said that the best teachers (psychologists, counselors, leaders) give space for their students to find the answers within themselves.

There is a ancient Chinese Proverb:

Go to the people. Learn from them. Love them.
    Start with what they have, build on what they know.
    But of the best leaders, when their task is accomplished, their work is done,
    the people will remark, "we have done it ourselves."
    People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children.
    Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes
    US cartoonist (1958 - )

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Socionics
    ELE None

princesssockhead,"I think I do take on emotionally, physically, and intellectually challenging experiences.
    I also take on challenges that I know I will have to work at."

I agree I want to understand as much as I can about myself and hopefully by doing so my "ideals/dreams ...aren't just ideals/dreams rolling in my head.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

I do like to see how far I can stretch emotionally, but I don't like any drama with other people. I shut that shit down. The only drama I take is from my own brain. But I've learned while I can stretch so so far, I'd rather keep it to a minimal feelings massage. Overcoming depression was enough of an emotional challenge for my lifetime.
    I want my cake and I wanna eat it too

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Not at all. Consciously anyway. Subconsciously, I do. For better or for worse, I thrive off intensity.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

All the time. There s like this thing in my brain that demands understanding. Meanwhile, strong emotions have never really bothered me much - in fact, it always baffled me how much others seem to dislike them. Repressed emotions that everyine politely ignores, however, drive me crazy.

It is like an itch you re not allowed to scratch; a festering abscess you re not allowed to clean out or a knot that s just screaming to be untangled. Must solve puzzle...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”
    Likes Hard, Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    All the time. There s like this thing in my brain that demands understanding. Meanwhile, strong emotions have never really bothered me much - in fact, it always baffled me how much others seem to dislike them. Repressed emotions that everyine politely ignores, however, drive me crazy.

It is like an itch you re not allowed to scratch; a festering abscess you re not allowed to clean out or a knot that s just screaming to be untangled. Must solve puzzle...
    If I can't use it to improve something it's not useful and i supress or avoid it love is a feeling used to expand relationships, passion can create a very strong sexual drive, sad an help with sympathy. I haven't found much use for anger yet, it just screws stuff up usually, either internally, exernally, or both. I don't see a use for it personally otherwise. I do enjoy it usually, anger and frustration is the only ones I will try my hardest to squash in others. Those just need to be kept to a minimum and life changed and modified to cause them to not surface much.

Edit: I guess I can reach down inside and pull anger out in bits and pieces to raise my vioce, to become pushy or bossy. Don't of that much though. I am pretty good at that without pulling out anger, just reaching in for stubborn.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Their uses are interesting and i love how youve allocated them to be absolutely beneficial in your life

(warning, ramble inside)

As for anger, you can use it productively for the energy it gives you - especially if it also accompanied an adrenaline spike. The best way to process those chemicals in your body at that point is to go do something physical. My brother got a boxing ball for his birthday because he had an anger management problem when he was younger. His nickname was Boiling Milk. The boxing ball allowed him to vent, while processing the adrenaline rushing through his veins. Some people just go for a run, or swim. Whatever gets you moving, and gives you the ability to express your frustrating/anger.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”