• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are xNFP's indecisive by nature?

OregonENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I can say that as an ENFP I tend to be indecisive. I guess it's because I see the positives in so many things that it makes it difficult to commit to one thing. For example, I changed majors in college many times. I find also that making a decision sometimes can be terrifying. Does anyone else experience this?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes I can be very indecisive.....like in restaurants when ordering food. I am bad at making plans because I cannot decide where to go; I like other people to make some (less serious) decisions for me.
Other times I know exactly what I want and have no issue in making a decision. More and more, I just take the dive and save myself the agonizing.
I've found my past indecisiveness to cause me to lose an opportunity or over-think things & actually make a bad choice. Trusting my initial feelings & gut instinct works better for me, as long as I have the nerve to take action.

OregonENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I was actually thinking maybe I have ADHD at some point but I think it's just more of my general personality.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I know that I am.

Indecision is a thrilling, day and night adrenaline rush treasure hunt for new and old possibilities in the sand. There's always an opportunity sprouting from a lost opportunity, so there's never a need to feel down for very long.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm very indecisive. I keep waiting for new possibilities and even if there aren't any on the way, I still lay off the deciding to the last moment. Then I just do it and later keep wondering if it was the right decision.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yeah, especially when it is something important. I'm always thinking about what you can't see pre-decision. There are some things you can't know ahead of time, but you don't want to choose wrong and then wish you could go back. I find that once I commit to something, I am COMMITTED... locked in... stuck... so I'd rather not commit at all. I don't think I'm really fearful of it though. More like... simply opposed to it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes, it's the worst.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I'm not sure if I'm indecisive :).

I'm starting to like my Te though. I don't know when it crept in, but it rules. I'm still random, just have this cool thing that puts everything in perfect order. Like time management, and prioritisation. And I notice the difference from the NTPs and stuff at work really clearly now.

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
I could say I'm indecisive in everyday life matters like which colors to pick, which restaurant to go to, which food to order, etc... Or maybe it was not indecisiveness that I experienced. Nonchalance would be a better word. I wouldn't like it when people judge me as indecisive in general when I didn't give any rigid opinion about what to eat, what to pick, which looks better, blah blah blah. They don't really matter to me.

The indecisiveness that perceived by others about us usually could be explained by our auxiliary Fi. To us it's really not important what to pick, cause everything has something good in it. But when somebody demand a fixed opinion or statement from us, our Fi kicks in and makes us sensitive to the other person's mood. We're not sure whether the other person would like it or not if we pick this or that.

Socionics has a very good description about ENFP's auxiliary Fi

2. Introverted ethics

IEEs are naturally sensitive to mood, atmosphere, and feelings. They rarely say or do anything that would worsen people's feelings, preferring instead to distance themselves from people and social situations that produce negative feelings. IEEs are naturally skilled at regulating the degree of emotional intimacy between people, which can mean being businesslike (yet polite) as well as warm and inviting.

When faced with a sad individual, the IEE will usually try to understand what is wrong, and will often try to coax the individual with kind words and actions. The IEE often displays a straight face even when faced with strong negative feelings.

Always on the IEE's mind are the feelings of his or her friends. If the IEE does not know whether an individual is feeling good or ill will, the IEE will prod the individual until he or she displays their attitude.

IEEs are concerned with the opinions and feelings of those around them and try to avoid saying things that would cause arguments and bad feelings[. He does this effortlessly.

For more important issues or about things that I value, I usually know what I want or think. I could state right away my strong opinion whenever asked. Or maybe I developed my Ti well.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
To the OP, I won't speak for anyone else, but no.

And if I seem indecisive, it's because I don't see it as important to the well-being of my S.O. or myself.

:)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could say I'm indecisive in everyday life matters like which colors to pick, which restaurant to go to, which food to order, etc... Or maybe it was not indecisiveness that I experienced. Nonchalance would be a better word. I wouldn't like it when people judge me as indecisive in general when I didn't give any rigid opinion about what to eat, what to pick, which looks better, blah blah blah. They don't really matter to me.

The indecisiveness that perceived by others about us usually could be explained by our auxiliary Fi. To us it's really not important what to pick, cause everything has something good in it. But when somebody demand a fixed opinion or statement from us, our Fi kicks in and makes us sensitive to the other person's mood. We're not sure whether the other person would like it or not if we pick this or that.

Socionics has a very good description about ENFP's auxiliary Fi

For more important issues or about things that I value, I usually know what I want or think. I could state right away my strong opinion whenever asked. Or maybe I developed my Ti well.

That explains it very well. That's how I am.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I'm very indecisive. I keep waiting for new possibilities and even if there aren't any on the way, I still lay off the deciding to the last moment. Then I just do it and later keep wondering if it was the right decision.

Yeah, especially when it is something important. I'm always thinking about what you can't see pre-decision. There are some things you can't know ahead of time, but you don't want to choose wrong and then wish you could go back. I find that once I commit to something, I am COMMITTED... locked in... stuck... so I'd rather not commit at all. I don't think I'm really fearful of it though. More like... simply opposed to it.

+1 each

I'm unbelievably indecisive. During the Xmas period last year it took me 30 minutes, 30 god damn minutes to decide what 2 colour wrapping papers I was going to buy.

I'm a libran, not that I put much stock in all of that, I'm just conjuring up an image of what I looked like in the store, standing there with one roll in one hand and one roll in another, weighing up my options. Now that's sad. :rofl1:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Am I indecisive?

Crap, I don't know: I can't decide! ;)

G

garbage

I guess that's where our decision-making functions have to be given a chance.. Fi when it comes to important stuff, and Te for weighing the pros and cons in an objective fashion.

I can say that as an ENFP I tend to be indecisive. I guess it's because I see the positives in so many things that it makes it difficult to commit to one thing.

+1

what is this +1 thing I keep seeing?

agreement or "that's what i was going to say"

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
For me I just see no reason to make a strong decision... like for example if I'm hanging out with friends, why would we make a plan that we just do this or that, when we could just do whatever will be fun. There are always several options and never any reason to stay strictly to one.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I'm so indecisive, I don't know where to start, haha. But yes on the restaurant thing...this is even worse when MAKING the plans of a get-together, though. You don't know who's driving, where you're going, what time you're arriving, and in the end you get other people to compromise while you interject "maybe"s and "I'm not sure"s. It's AWFUL.

But in major matters, I find it much easier to make choices, because my values and beliefs are sound. :D