• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Are xNFP's indecisive by nature?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
When it comes to the little things, I place 'little' as the label, and thus I can be indecisive.. I don't put a high value on committing to little things, but at least I'm honest about them.

Bigger things, however, get immediate attention until I have an accurate decision and plan.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When it comes to the little things, I place 'little' as the label, and thus I can be indecisive.. I don't put a high value on committing to little things, but at least I'm honest about them.

Bigger things, however, get immediate attention until I have an accurate decision and plan.

Agreed.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I think NPs in general are pretty indecisive. It's hard to make decisions based on Ne.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Most definitely, this is very common for NPs.
I'm very very very indecisive, I have a hard time narrowing my decisions and possibilities down to one single one, I just see pros and cons for all, and I am always asking myself the what if's, and if..then scenarios. I'm very hesitant, and I have to give decisions a lot of though before I actually carry them out. This is a very strong P trait, and it's most common with NPs.

EmilyINFP

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, I'm pretty ridiculously indecisive. Every time I lean towards one choice I just start imagining myself regretting it, so I lean towards the other and feel the same way, and on and on...

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yes.. The other day I was in a buffet and one stranger lady said in a haughty tone, "You're indecisive, aren't you?" (RUDE!) I was like "yeah o_O"
I walked around like three times without getting any food, but so what? I didn't know what to get because none of it stood out. Blehh!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes.. The other day I was in a buffet and one stranger lady said in a haughty tone, "You're indecisive, aren't you?" (RUDE!) I was like "yeah o_O"
I walked around like three times without getting any food, but so what? I didn't know what to get because none of it stood out. Blehh!

I always walk around like 3 times also in buffets, haha.
I have to see all of my options before I can make a choice :D

I shop that way also....I meander around the store several times before picking out any clothes to try on, and then I try on like 15 pieces.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3

I shop that way also....I meander around the store several times before picking out any clothes to try on, and then I try on like 15 pieces.

:yes:

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
yeah...i can totally relate.
and isn't all this whole indecisive thing very depressing? :(

i mean,
how could we expect to succeed in this REAL-practical world & society where it stresses heavily on specialization, focus, dedication, bold fast decision, not to mention many other 'dirty' tricks one has to use to climb into the highest status of corporate ladder, business-setting etc ?
you tell me..

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
maybe...

Not sure. I'll get back to you.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
yeah...i can totally relate.
and isn't all this whole indecisive thing very depressing? :(

i mean,
how could we expect to succeed in this REAL-practical world & society where it stresses heavily on specialization, focus, dedication, bold fast decision, not to mention many other 'dirty' tricks one has to use to climb into the highest status of corporate ladder, business-setting etc ?
you tell me..

Could be (type) segregation. Next thing you know they'll be asking you to go to the back of the bus. In a polite kinda way.

OregonENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Ok, wow, now this is totally not like me at all! I'm indecisive with BIG LIFE CHANGING DECISIONS. The little ones I make instantly. Especially at things like buffets and etc. In fact, I'm very decisive at buffets. I go for exactly what I want and leave the rest. It's when I'm faced with a huge decision I become immobilized.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My boyfriend's an INFP and trying to decide where to eat with him makes me go mad with frustration. I surely CANNOT leave the decision to him because he won't make it.

I swear INFP really stands for "is not f*ckin' picking." :laugh:

OregonENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My boyfriend's an INFP and trying to decide where to eat with him makes me go mad with frustration. I surely CANNOT leave the decision to him because he won't make it.

I swear INFP really stands for "is not f*ckin' picking." :laugh:

haha... love that last line. Too cute!

civil_disobedience

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Only one thing can be sure, and it is that I will always decide to do the opposite of what I've already decided to do. Well, maybe not always. Usually is probably more like it..
hehe!

bananafish

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not an xNFP but I'm sure as heck can be indecisive as one! Heck, I'm not even sure if I'm really ISFP. lols. :/

I still haven't figured my major for college and it can take me up to 30 minutes deciding what I'd like to snack on at a corner store. It can get really ridiculous at times. Haha. I usually don't like making decisions... like where to eat and stuff when people ask me. They usually have to pick since I'm always "uhmming" at them.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Yes ... No ... Maybe ...

I can be indecisive but am much better now that I mentally place myself in a place of plenty not scarcity. Basically it is OKAY if my decision is not the"right" one or"perfect". It doesn't have to be and I will get by. Also I am more secure in myself and don't worry as much about disappointing or being pressures by others. Altogether it's much easier to make decisions now.

but yeah I can be indecisive takes me freaking forever to make up my mind and feel "okay" with my decision

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
When it comes to what my tummy craves, I'm not indecisive.. not unless if the menu has lotsa good stuff I wanna try.. then I salivate at everything, specially b4 dat time of d month? yum yum

Buffets are probably FP's delight!

In all seriousness, I think it really depends?

I mostly get indecisive in terms of career, that and buyer's remorse. I will keep the tag on my items forever like no other, sit, ponder, and question whether or not I should return it bc I feel guilty every time I buy somethin new.. not unless I'm totally in :heart: with it.

Even when responding to posts on this forum, I am pretty indecisive. I post. Then delete. Then post, then maybe.. yah, I know how it feels! (:)17425:)) ;D :)

G

garbage

I give myself as much time as possible to make the stupid little decisions.. although I've got a good grasp of what I want, there's no point in closing the menu before the waiter arrives :)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
not necessarily

EDIT:

i suppose you could as are XNFJs decisive by nature? and some of the most indecisive people ive ever met have been XNFJs.

i dont think its actually making the decision. its more that one seeks closure (J) and one doesn't (P) but that doesn't mean one is better or more decisive then the other.