• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Male ENFJs?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I still think George is an ENFJ (I'd thought T for ages, but no, it didn't seem right...)

Samuel L Jackson - ISxJ
Ethan Hawke - not an ISFP?
Ben Affleck - I kept saying he was ESTJ, but my sister maintains he's an ISFJ

Cronkle

MBTI Type
INFJ
What are your reasons for these characterizations?

Could you find a video of an ultimate ENFJ? I've heard Obama, Oprah, & Bono.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol - oh dear heavens. The internet myth of Oprah and Barack being ENFJs. That makes me laugh and laugh.

Oprah is so ESTJ it's painful. She's a Te primary, plays at being sensitive when actually she's REALLY not, and uses her Sensing functions to read people. have you ever watched the way she stares people up and down? She used to have excellent journalistic skill, as many ESJs do, but she's gone all fruitcake.

Barack, I'd say he's ISFJ (you can feel the Fe but you also feel the SJ control). To me, he wasn't all that much different from John McCain, as far as personality.

Bono, on the other hand, is much closer. I'd say he was INFJ, only a very off-balance one who needs attention to be validated. He was never the same after his mother died. His head is a mess. A creative genius though musically. What he's doing these days is garbage, but at least he's helping people in Africa.

Well, here's what I do:

First, I determine if the person feels Fe or Fi. That cuts the field by half. Then S/N.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cronkle, buddy, therein lies the mystery. The only other guy I've seen that I consider to be an ENFJ is Marc from 'Ugly Betty'.

Seems to me that ENFJ guys "pass" as T types frequently. My ENFJ friend Taco is the only one I know in real life and we strongly mirror each other. He's more forceful and verbal than I am (male energy and all).

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Cronkle, buddy, therein lies the mystery. The only other guy I've seen that I consider to be an ENFJ is Marc from 'Ugly Betty'.

Seems to me that ENFJ guys "pass" as T types frequently. My ENFJ friend Taco is the only one I know in real life and we strongly mirror each other. He's more forceful and verbal than I am (male energy and all).

That could be the case, I took the test last night and got 42% T and 58% F. I might sometimes come across as an ENTJ I suppose.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess it's finding out whether you're detecting true Te at work or an Fe who's bolstered by male energy (which I'm sure appears quite Te under most external circumstances).

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think enfj for ethan hawke seems right. samuel l jackson i could definitely see. i don't know much about clooney to make a distinction between enfj Ni or esfj Si. he seems somewhat detail-oriented to me.

ben affleck as isfj makes sense to me, i can't tell if he's introverted or extraverted, but i wouldn't be surprised if Si was in fact one of his functions. he seems like he's somewhere in the past/in his head a lot.

oprah is evil and i definitely agree with estj. i hate her. barack could be anything, i would say entp seems like a good bet. tertiary Fe to articulate everything perfectly to whatever eye he meets, yet dom Ne to always avoid any potential trap or pitfall ahead. he's fucking intelligent on-the-fly, it's impressive. he doesn't pause like an introvert would. auxilary Ti makes him extremely capable of ready-at-hand detailed knowledge, can deconstruct and get to the essence of logical problems, he's great.

i don't know bono that well, tho i'd guess he's more enfj than infj. i don't see a lot of Ti presence in anything he does, Se seems more relevant as a tertiary function.

i'm not sure what my feeling on the prevalence of male enfjs, but to me it seems like there are probably some borderline infj/enfj males that muddy the waters, and it would come down to the development of Ni and the reliance on EITHER Ti or Se. more introverted types tend to develop Ni in a very different way than extraverted types, for whom it generally shows much much less.

i'd be interested to compare Ni in enfj and entj. i think that would help clarify the differences, since ESPECIALLY in males the infj/enfj discrepency is tough to see unless the person is overly expressed in writing, art, etc. behavior alone doesn't show that much, especially when it involves some type of celebrity status and the lack of psychological health that usually results.

i mean, billy corgan, bono, and ethan hawke all at times fluctuate wildly in the introversion/extraversion spectrum. healthy dominant Fe is kind of a mystery in nf males. it makes them so much more rigid in their ideals than esfj males, which is exacerbated by the fact that Ni types usually have ideals that RADICALLY differ from the conservativeness of Si guardian types.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's difficult for non-Fe users to understand that we're not manipulating them.

Yes, it is. You gotta propagandize better. "You" as a collective noun for you guys.

Anyone directing me to goals not my own without my stated consent will necessarily be manipulating me.

Directing is manipulating. It gets worse when it is unstated. It gets even worse when your Ni isn't better equipped than mine. It gets far, far worse when you use my environment against me.

You are welcome to collaborate. To openly suggest. To disagree. But if you're going to operate on feelings that you can't state, then you're looking after yourself, not me.

Vilkommen and Bienvenue to the NTP teams of flying monkeys. Even to the NFP turncoats. My name is Unabomber.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm manipulating you if I'm wearing a bikini too. Any problems with that?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Want the serious answer?

No. I've taken all the serious I can this week.

Hit me with the not-serious answer. :D

*high fives the panda baby*

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay.

See, it's like this, there's this thread, long-running, popular, called, um, "Picture Time", I think it is...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does it feature many gratuitous awesome panda baby shots?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
No-o-o-o-o!

Panda+Twins+Born+Protection+Research+Centre+MyRKUlFwiBsl.jpg

My iiiiiiiiiiiiiez!

G

garbage

My best friend is a male ENFJ, and I think Steven Covey is, too*. So you guys are alright in my book.

* either that or a really, really mature ENTJ