• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Physical description - INFJ

SurlyAdam

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Morrissey does the martyr swoon:

MORRISSEY%20SIGNED%20PHOTO%20PRIEST%20OUTFIT.jpg

That made me laugh. :cheese:

A picture IS worth a thousand words.

maliafee

Actually now that I think about it, there's something not so ridiculous about it.
People react differently to different shapes, sizes, features and will probably have a first impression based on that data. Afterward, they may choose to express it and get a reaction from the person who had been "assessed" and that may in a way shape a small or big part of their personality. Let me take a gross example:
Someone who is incredibly strong, largely built might rouse fear in people although he or she isn't actually a threat. How is he/she going to react to people's reaction? Maybe he or she will get tired of proving he/she isn't a bully and become withdrawn or maybe he/she will persevere in her/his efforts and act friendly, entertaining try to look approachable.
I know it's a kind of far fetched.
I wouldn't dare say it "defines" character traits but there might be a little something to it after all.

Personality is largely inherent, and they know this because of twin studies. Not to burst your theory bubble. *ducks*

lane777

nevermore
I came across this physical description of INFJs which I thought was very interesting.

'INFJs have a very characteristic dispassionate facial expression. This is often reminiscent of the depiction of saints and martyrs from early Christian icons. Their faces convey the feeling that their soul is suffering even when it is not. INFjs faces are often perfect ovals but can be rectangular in shape as well. Their noses are usually straight and slightly elongated, but not prominent.

INFjs do not show intense positive emotions, instead they simply smile. All their facial expressions openly reproach nefarious happenings. The same can be noticed in their intonation. In many cases INFjs have a slim, ascetic figure. Their movements are often quite harsh although not lacking mobility.
INFjs with more fuller figures are less mobile and active. When walking, INFjs may keep their feet close and parallel to the ground, maintaining a short distance between each step.'

I did not realise than type was related to build and facial features etc.
As a kid I always got called 'moonface'. Do you INFJs out there match this description?

The bolded is true for me, imo. For the facial description, check my profile pic if you're curious.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
though i agree that there is a correlation between type and genetics (The Edge Effect, Dr. Eric Braverman) i do not think nor agree that it is as easy to define as this.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I know it sounds crazy, but I really think there's something to the socionics info on common appearances for the various types. I'm a people watcher, and the more people I've observed and secretly typed the more I start to notice certain looks that go with particular types. Two people of the same type may look very differently in some ways -- different ethnicity, hair color, weight, etc. -- but in terms of mannerisms, posture, and body language, they can be extremely similar. I'm not sure that I completely buy the stuff about oval shape versus square shape, etc., but I think that types often have common mannerisms and body language.

I have become pretty interested in socionics, it's very similar to Myers-Briggs but seems to be coming at it from a different perspective (observation of behavior rather than self-report). I find most of the socionics profile descriptions I've read online to be insightful in a way that some of the typical Myers-Briggs type descriptions aren't.

I recommend browsing some of the other type descriptions. I won't say they're all 100% accurate, but many of the descriptions seem right to me. I'm curious what you all think:

Psychological Type profiles
Socionics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (scroll down to 16 types and then click the links to each type)

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ps: I've gotta agree with all the other INFJs about the pained expression thing. People have often asked me "What's wrong" or why am I sad, and I'm like, "Umm, this is just how I look." lol

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ps: I've gotta agree with all the other INFJs about the pained expression thing. People have often asked me "What's wrong" or why am I sad, and I'm like, "Umm, this is just how I look." lol

Haha, you should surprise them and be like, "My insides are a torrent of pain and sorrow. The weight of the world is on me for I am stuck between the frying pan and the fire... I can't decide...whether I want chocolate...or vanilla ice cream."

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Haha, you should surprise them and be like, "My insides are a torrent of pain and sorrow. The weight of the world is on me for I am stuck between the frying pan and the fire... I can't decide...whether I want chocolate...or vanilla ice cream."

Then you go on a rant with yourself if you should bring in Rocky Road into the equation. I would. :D

- Though Ive learned to just stress when OTHER people pressure me. My self motivation is pretty low for an INFJ.

I agree that types generally have similar mannerisms and body language for each type, but enneagram type also can affect this. Where Type is more about how they they think, EnType is more about goals and values; a different level of the type spectrum.

The body language the types have are vague, but noticeable. I think knowing good examples of each type gives me a good base for what the type looks like so I have a reference. After recognizing someone I knew was an ESFP, it helped me figure out another person who could only be an ESFP since he acted so much like the first one.

But to turn it into a nutshell: Mannerisms and Body language is very type indicative. It'll at least narrow it down to a certain group of lookalike types.

Heck, some types even type in instant messengers similarly. Usually by content of what they're saying and grammar control. INFJs tend to have good grammar even on an IM and intuitors in general seem to dislike 'speed spek' where you is u and all that stuff. NFs especially.

( I would go for the vanilla ;) )

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I have to admit I once wondered how physical features affect the personality. What about the idea that physical beauty leads to a certain superficiality? When you're not so perfect-looking, you'll have a tendency to focus on soulful or intellectual matters instead, trying to find beauty there.
I suppose I look ordinary, but my eyes freak people out (so I've often been told- people feel like I see right through them). Because I am not beautiful (at least, I don't think I am), I tend to focus on inner beauty, and this is what really attracts me in a person.