• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTJ and INFJ Relationships

chegra

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have a couple real life friends who are ENTJs and they are have been in relationships with IF's and they have all ended poorly. I know this is not really solid evidence or anything but each of them, when I talked to them separately, told me that the lack of logic when they talking about 'anything' drove them slowly insane. I can't see any relationship involving a ENTJ lasting that is not based on logical grounds.

Well I dont think ENTJ mind if things are kept up in the air. Only, for a few things ENTJ need the grounding of logics and order, mainly at work.
But for most things its inefficient to be bother about maintaining order in everything.

Despite what everyone says I don't think ENTJ have a problem of letting go of control.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
haha, well, I'm saying that mainly because of what other people have told me.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I dont think ENTJ mind if things are kept up in the air. Only, for a few things ENTJ need the grounding of logics and order, mainly at work.
But for most things its inefficient to be bother about maintaining order in everything.

Despite what everyone says I don't think ENTJ have a problem of letting go of control.

As long as things are in order or under control, you can often hear them say
"Oh, well that's fine."

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a couple real life friends who are ENTJs and they are have been in relationships with IF's and they have all ended poorly. I know this is not really solid evidence or anything but each of them, when I talked to them separately, told me that the lack of logic when they talking about 'anything' drove them slowly insane. I can't see any relationship involving a ENTJ lasting that is not based on logical grounds.

Are you able to elaborate on this at all? There might not even be anything to elaborate on, though! ha.

I guess I don't view T's as being inherently logical (I know some T's who seem to lack it, actually!), and F's as being illogical, and I don't think that's really what T/F is.

And, I'm an F who needs things to make sense, and I can have short patience or difficulty comprehending those who make decisions purely in the moment or based on mood alone, or without pondering longterm consequences/repercussions or the like. ;-) (but that specific element is more of a J/P distinction, I think, than a T/F one?)

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My longest-running friendship is with an ENTJ. We've known each other for almost 30 years. He's like my brother.

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2

I wasn't talking about control or order, just a logical basis for certain things in their life.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
SpottingTrain: Is probably right. The Ni domination of INFJ would drive an ENTJ nuts. Just when the ENTJ thinks that the INFJ is pleased, have everything ordered etc, the INFJ will start launch tons of questions and with a passive-aggressive attitude that comes from "nowhere". The steamroller attitude would work for a while, but being Fe as a secondary function the INFJ could never measure up so the INFJ is trying to slow the ENTJ down (and the ENTJ would feel like the INFJ is backstabbing and have low EQ).

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't really understand that...at least, for myself, anyways.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I've been married to an ENTJ for 34 years. :D I wouldn't have missed this ride for the world.

Cool

MBTI Type
ENTP
Errrr I don't know how the relationship would turn out but I know so many ENTJ that made an INFJ cried

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well I dont think ENTJ mind if things are kept up in the air.

This isn't true of me at all. I like things nailed. down.

I don't know, me and Kangirl are getting along just fine.

I'm just using you for your unique smileys! :hug:

FWIW, my least favourite person in my non-online life is an INFJ. He has one of the lowest levels of self-awareness I've ever come across, is immune to social 'hints', and has a propensity to talk about inappropriate bodily functions at any time (seriously, this guy talks about the effect his dinner the previous night has had on his bowel movements - we all sit there silently screaming SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUUUT UUUUP!). Not sure it has anything to do with his 'type' though. He's just socially retarded.

S

Sniffles

I'm just using you for your unique smileys! :hug:
My heart just broke.
badlove.gif

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
2 ENTJs in love with you, Peguy. This could get ugly.

mwv6r

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I definitely gravitate toward ENTJs, although they kinda intimidate me at the same time. I'm friends with a female ENTJ and really like her and value her opinion on things, but let's just say I wouldn't want to be on her bad side, lol! Interestingly enough, I'm pretty sure her long-time boyfriend is an INFJ. The relationship seems to work pretty well. They have the cleanest house I have ever seen! That's gotta be her more than him because I've heard INFJs are often a lil messy (I know I am!). As an ENTJ + INFJ pairing they make a very intelligent couple -- maybe it's all that introverted intuition floating around. She definitely wears the pants in the relationship, but I think he likes it that way (I dunno about other INFJs but I kinda like dating someone who will take the lead in the relationship).