• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP, what is it, that makes you a perceiver?

what convinces currently, that you are a peceiver

• i just took some of those tests...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yeah, me too, but my test was on a shady russian site, labeled nazionic, tocotronic or something

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nanook

a scream in a vortex
this thread is for those, who identify themselves as infp below their avatar.

done, editing. darn, multiple choice would have been better. cant seem to edit it now.

i am asking for the statement that matches you, with the least doubt, and naturally also matches you understanding of what i perceiver is supposed to be.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I refuse to answer since the poll doesn't have a "none of the above" option.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
nothing - they are ruled by a judging function
duh

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of my biggest problems is that I constantly feel like I'm missing that one critical fact that I need to make a decision.

I also feel like I need to make the perfect decision each and every time. It took me a loooooooong time to learn that sometimes I just need to make the damn choice.

I'm also greatly out of touch with my Fi, but that's a Udog thing vs an INFP thing.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i my own case, i used to assume that my inability to plan and inability to strongly feel that i want something would make me fearful and rigid and put in demand of external structure, like school, to get anything done at all. at that time i tested as moderately J and believed in mbti (j=Ni) and felt perfectly described by both Ni and Fe. I thought that would make sense for a while, to assume that i am judger because, being intuitive, i am mental as hell, and allays in doubt, not inclined to spontaneous and significant action, other that spending my free time totally spontaneously at the computer or on park benches. but when i got to know a lot of people, i gained a different understanding, and realized that some of those who display introverted feeling as cognitive stile, can be incredibly meticulous, especially if male, obsessed with the driest programming tasks, like databases, rather than having an interest in functional aspects of software, eg GUI. also they are ignorant to value standards of other people which allows them, to feel strongly that they are up to any task. therefore they will not hesitate to approach goals. this makes some of them unstoppable planners, people who are deliberate to get to where they want to be. such stubbornness is certainly better described as judging.

i played with the idea, that i might be FI and totally out of touch with the corresponding values and hence directive for leading ones stomach emotionality. but this does not seem to work out, because of the implications such a reinterpretation would have, for other people i know, who have either Fi or Ni.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are being stereotypical about the poll answers, I answered anyway. You seem to have a stereotypical understanding of the MBTI types as well from the way you post, I can't relate to anything you have said about INFPs in your posts.

Judging or Perceiving Preference This is a good definition of P/J. I can relate to most of what they say about perception.

Also if I weren't a P then I wouldn't be Fi dominant, so that also makes me a P, since I am very clearly Fi dominant.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i dont mean to imply that all of the options in the poll should match everyone of the variant i had in mind, so you dont have to feel all insulted.

for instance, the type who "quits a lot of jobs, because he is determined to start over", as i understand him, meaning as Fi type, has a very strong Ne. some other Fi types don't have that. but they are still determined and act just the same pattern with their less existential more introverted projects, like hiking, doing a reiki course, joining an HSP club.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
You are being stereotypical about the poll answers

lol, i try to catch your stereotypes, by example, like fishing the most stereotypical fishes from the sea, because ambiguous fishes dont help with my project.

i am just going to say, that anyone who is offended, by not being matched perfectly and gracefully by my poll, and by the fact that i want to categorize him, rather than being interested in his gloomy individuality, is an FI type, okay?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uh, still being stereotypical there dude. My Ne is strong, and when I get a job I keep it. I have no desire to start over whatsoever, because I have a job and a job = money, no job = no money. How does being an idiot relate to having Ne?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
Uh, still being stereotypical there dude. My Ne is strong, and when I get a job I keep it. I have no desire to start over whatsoever, because I have a job and a job = money, no job = no money. How does being an idiot relate to having Ne?

how does calling my FI ex-girlfriend an idiot relate to your FI? oh, i know, how it does.
how about you just look at how i formulated the point. i was restricted to 100 chars.
i make a connection between feeling about something and acting on it. how is that stupid?
obviously we are talking about feeling less than optimal about a job.
especially, if your Ne assures that you can get a better job in every town.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
btw, have you by now realized that this poll is not trying to describe all people as they are right now or in the past, but an eventuality that could be true for them, if things that are meaningless to type, would be a little different?

for instance growing a stronger Ne would not be type related, it would not change your type.
or living in a country with social security.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
if someone acts on how he feels, but never quits stuff, because he manages to only start stuff, that he feels good about, than this example would have been meaningless for my poll, as the point is supposed to refer to the idea that a wild live could be described as perceiving. this is not my idea. i want to know, who amongst you thinks like that.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
also, do you know that generalization is a form of intelligence?
because generalization is that, what you call stereotyping, as if it was a bad word, is based on.
it means, that one guesses from the essential character of a specific example, a broad series of other examples, that match the same character.
but to get the essential character in the first place, one must first extract it from the whole sum of significants in the example situation, which is the opposite direction, of retracing a pattern.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
how does calling my FI ex-girlfriend an idiot relate to your FI? oh, i know, how it does.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean, or what it's implying. I don't know your girlfriend, and I doubt we are similar, since everyone is unique.

how about you just look at how i formulated the point. i was restricted to 100 chars.

What point? What are you talking about here? Once again I don't know what you're trying to say... 100 chars for what?

i make a connection between feeling about something and acting on it. how is that stupid?

It's stupid if you make an irrational decision based on feelings, acting merely on how you feel about something. You have to weigh the goods and bads, in the end you will screw up more acting on your feelings than you will based on logic, which is why you need a nice balance of the two in your life. The feeling is for feeling good about the decision, the logic for doing what's best.

An example would be if you hated your job. This job makes me feel bad, so therefore I leave. Well then, I left my job, now I'm broke and I have no money. You would have to make the best decision, which is a balance between the two. "I will keep the job, but be actively seeking another."

Acting on feelings without using your logic in your decision making will typically get you no where.

obviously we are talking about feeling less than optimal about a job.
especially, if your Ne assures that you can get a better job in every town.

Well, like I said above. Acting on impulse isn't the best thing to do. Just because you might be able to get a better job in every other town doesn't mean you will (you have to remember that intuition is imaginary, no matter how clear it can be, it relates to the future which is unclear regardless). What if you quit your job, knowing you could get a job based on intuition, then went to find one and it wasn't there?

This is why you can't relate on just feeling or just intuition, you must have a balance. I pretty much described why earlier in the post about feeling and logic, and then in the paragraph above about intuition and sensing.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
so why are you teaching me things, that i could think of myself and that are irrelevant to the poll? the point is, that you don't seem to understand to logic (purpose) behind this poll. but i have already explained it, no? well, i have implied it and i dont want to influence people any further.

the irony, is that you have already participated in the poll, because it worked for you! i am not asking for anything else.

100 chars for what?
100 characters to formulate the single points in poll = no place to explain what i mean. have to go by example. see? not my fault

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am not trying to teach you things, you are throwing out propositions about me/questioning me and I am answering. I personally see the poll as irrelevant, and you could simply have left it at what the title is asking. I answered the poll because there was one, not because it worked for me. A poll implies that someone wants an answer out of those, so I chose the one that best suited me.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
if anyone wants to formulate in free words why he thinks that the label perceiver is appropriately describing him, he or she has all the place in the thread.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I would expect one of these answers to align with me, rather than "pick the closest" - none resonate with truth for me though, so I can't answer.

Thanks for your effort here anyway.