• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs in relationships

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I hear you loud and clear. Personally, I know you just throw those statements in for your own personal amusement, to cause confusion and undermine confidence.

Thank you for pointing this out, 100% correct.

Here's the reality, my first post was both heart felt, meant to be constructive, asking for clarification and also had the normal ENTP undertones to it.

Had this been an NT dom thread this would have been taken with a grain of salt. And the motivation behind my post wouldn't have been missed. For whatever reason, this wasn't the case and I notice some of the INFPs involved haven't been on the forums long so maybe they just don't get the ENTP way so I was taken more serious.

All the same, the INFPs I've know have been healthy people. The issues have been based on not seeing the world the same way, something I can respect. They have all been loving, caring, kind people and very gentle spirits if you will. The issues I've had comes up in much the same manner this thread has spun out of control. Maybe it's me playing too rough, maybe it's them taking things too personal. What I know is conflict resolution has never gone well with them. While I may not be attacking emotionally the INFPs I have known when pushed too hard go into their shell and never come back out.

So I'm disappointed in myself for not picking up on what was happening before in spun out of control and if I could do it over again I would have been more clear in my meanings and when questioned I wouldn't have perpetuated the issue assuming anything, normally when taken wrong another ENTP can interpret or clarify the meaning.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe it's me playing too rough

This is why conflicts between INFPs and you haven't gone well. Playing rough doesn't really get you anywhere. This is also why we take it personally, because you play rough. Your sarcasm isn't obvious enough, and your "constructive" posts sound very offensive, causing more deconstruction than construction to occur.

:dont: I'm afraid I'll just never "get" ENTPs or how they are motivated.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Had this been an NT dom thread this would have been taken with a grain of salt. And the motivation behind my post wouldn't have been missed.

That's why DigitalMethod and I didn't post and say how we agreed with the INFPs assessment, right?

Or are you just going to ignore this post too?

heart

heart on fire
Thank you for pointing this out, 100% correct.

All the same, the INFPs I've know have been healthy people. The issues have been based on not seeing the world the same way, something I can respect. They have all been loving, caring, kind people and very gentle spirits if you will. The issues I've had comes up in much the same manner this thread has spun out of control. Maybe it's me playing too rough, maybe it's them taking things too personal. What I know is conflict resolution has never gone well with them. While I may not be attacking emotionally the INFPs I have known when pushed too hard go into their shell and never come back out...

Speaking for myself, I get really tired of games in my personal life. They drain energy and I don't enjoy them, so why should I spend vast amounts of time resolving conflicts with a gamester? They need to find others who enjoy games.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Speaking for myself, I get really tired of games in my personal life. They drain energy and I don't enjoy them, so why should I spend vast amounts of time resolving conflicts with a gamester? They need to find others who enjoy games.

Yeah... exactly. I just don't want to play games at all.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
That's why DigitalMethod and I didn't post and say how we agreed with the INFPs assessment, right?

Or are you just going to ignore this post too?

I guess I just didn't see two posters being NTs as a NT dominant thread. I'm also well aware of the PMs I get commenting on threads like this from people who don't want to make their opinions public but totally agree with what I'm saying.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I guess I just didn't see two posters being NTs as a NT dominant thread. I'm also well aware of the PMs I get commenting on threads like this from people who don't want to make their opinions public but totally agree with what I'm saying.

I am asserting that it would have made no difference, we would have come to the same conclusions in that theoretical NT dominated thread as in this one.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Folks, if you don't want the critical comments of the thinkers in threads like this, post them in the NF only subforum. Because man oh man if a post goes up about an INFP not having focus, the thinkers are going to respond. It's just like dogs chasing cats.

Aw... I would have never said such a crazy thing. (I'm a dog who is too lazy to get up out of the sun; I'd rather lay around and dream of chasing rabbits.)

So as to avoid the illusion of the mysterious coven of NTs out there who apparently comprise your support base:

I disagree with you, in that I found your first post boorish and unnecessarily offensive. (If you enter the NF section with the first goal of offering advice, which implies communication as an intent, you should be tailoring your delivery to the readership rather than expect them to figure YOU out.)

However, I agree with you in that I did take it with a grain of salt.

Carry on. ;)

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I think at least for myself (although I can't speak for other INFPs) that I focus so much on myself in general, (my own feelings and emotions and thoughts) that I can neglect or overlook others without meaning to do so. I've done it before, and it's painful to admit but true.