• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] nf songwriters/musicians

Cronkle

MBTI Type
INFJ
He didn't write that "hook". That's taken from a song by The Animals I believe.

Duh! *gets all Fe* It's actually a Nina Simone hook. He decided to put it in his song, so that means he identifies with the premise. >:[

None of you listen to Lil' Wayne? I'm shocked!

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jonny Greenwood = Yao Ming

ive laughed every single time i've re-read the past few pages of this thread. possibly your best post yet.

Lil' Wayne

NF?

i'm thinking he has to be an enp. i'd guess t, but i don't know him that well. he seems too crazy to not be a dom Ne. plus my entp friend digs him more than anyone else i know, reminds me of him creatively, etc. maybe actually enfp, i'm not sure if he's sardonic enough to be an entp.

According to YouTube - Beth Orton - interview (1999), her favorite music is Nick Drake (infp), Stone Roses (intj), and Happy Mondays (intj). As an infp, I'm also rather partial to music made by intjs + she seems loopy. I say infp.

you certain nick drake is an infp? what about isfp? i don't know his story beyond the bare bones, but the lyrics don't seem that stretchy. pretty focused throughout. they remind me more of a bob dylan than an infp. grounded and concrete.

stone roses, do tell! and by stone roses do you mean ian brown or the character of the band itself? they are pretty fucking brash.

also, explain the happy mondays. and why you connect to intj music. and what else you place as intj. i love making slanted and enchanted was just a knock-off of the fall (who you type as intj) jokes when i'm feeling frisky. we need to explore this.

revolve

Tegan and Sara . . . anyone? . . . anyone . . . I feel that Tegan is an IxTx & Sara is an ExFJ . . . actually I have no idea . . . maybe Tegan an INFP & Sara an ENFJ . . .

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Tegan and Sara . . . anyone? . . . anyone . . . I feel that Tegan is an IxTx & Sara is an ExFJ . . . actually I have no idea . . . maybe Tegan an INFP & Sara an ENFJ . . .

They like to use their hands a lot when talking, introverts, way too independent not be intjs.

revolve

so candylandjoe, you think tegan & sara are intjs? they talk really fast & are quite animated . . . but they are die hard romantics in their lyrics . . . all they sing about pretty much is love / relationships . . . so NF . . .

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Duh! *gets all Fe* It's actually a Nina Simone hook. He decided to put it in his song, so that means he identifies with the premise. >:[

Err...or he wants to capitalize on its catchiness & familiarity....

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
you certain nick drake is an infp? what about isfp? i don't know his story beyond the bare bones, but the lyrics don't seem that stretchy. pretty focused throughout. they remind me more of a bob dylan than an infp. grounded and concrete.

I hardly know who lil wayne is! Is Ne one there? Yeah, it's there, but I'm not about to put myself through his music to figure out.

About Drake: yeah, I read that he's isfp. I wouldn't doubt it, with songs about trees and moons and the breeze. Allmusic describes his music as earthy, I think. People gone done shoved my face in the mud by correctly typing Feist as isfp so I'm not going to argue much about this one. It'd be nice to have an article to read or hear.

stone roses, do tell! and by stone roses do you mean ian brown or the character of the band itself? they are pretty fucking brash.

also, explain the happy mondays. and why you connect to intj music. and what else you place as intj. i love making slanted and enchanted was just a knock-off of the fall (who you type as intj) jokes when i'm feeling frisky. we need to explore this.
DUMBO.jpg

I meant both, I think. I'm no historian, but that band was one that seemed to have such a take it or leave it streak, those cocky guys. Look at the lyrics to "I am the Resurrection", for instance. "Don't waste your words", Ian says halfway through, "I don't need anything from you, I don't care where you've been, Or what you plan to do." <-- There's the N right there. And so which type dislikes stupidity unchecked more than any other? Which type needs more alone time than any other? You've got it. The brashness with which he comes across with his "feelings" is enough to cut. intj. The rest of the band may as well be intj. You should look into the Happy Mondays, though, because I'm not a big fan; I just v.i'd them from one youtube interview. What does intj music do for me? I feel like a lot of intj musicians cut too deeply past the corners to make music worth listening to, but those that do it right make some valuable stuff because it's like they're capable of stepping up on stage and singing songs that I can FEEL just as much as an infp's songs, with more freedom and less wasted energy. R. Stevie Moore, probably my favorite intj, is a total goober, way in debt, lazy gutter bum but has cooked up of the most childish songs that I know and has gone about recording in a total Ne-ish way, all over the place-like, but the contradiction that he represents is what makes him so interesting I guess. And the Fall? Mark does what the heck he wants, when he wants, and is usually right. Almost an other-worldly kind of creativity he has, totally Ni dom.

Okay. I want your thoughts on infjs as lead singers in (popular) bands, because I did some dot connecting with Blur the other night as I was stuck on Damon for forever and a duck head. I noticed that the rest of his bandmates are intjs, and wondered, could he really lead a pack of bloodthirsty analysts if he had Pness? Further, those early few albums were big on social commentary (see Country House, others) not unlike the Kinks, a noted favorite. Just for comfirmation, I watched an interview with Damon and Jamie, and Jamie is infj all the way, and they get along so well, reading the other's mind and junk like that.

Also, I don't listen to them but Muse = 2 infjs + 1 enfp. Let's make wild stabs at this.

A correction: Prince = infj?

With Prince, remember how I said how he wasn't in a jokey mood? After I figured out Damon last night, looked at where their songwriting is strongest (focusing on global issues), I thought about how relatively serious Prince was that night, and how his guitar solos are so friggin out of this world. So I can't get that infj post-it off his face. I want us to prove what he is, once and for all, one way or another, so let's join balls.

Just to add, I'm probably into infj-made music than intj, just because I'm less of a feely feely infp. Way more into it, really. I want to know what you think of the Frogs.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
About Drake: yeah, I read that he's isfp. I wouldn't doubt it, with songs about trees and moons and the breeze. Allmusic describes his music as earthy, I think. People gone done shoved my face in the mud by correctly typing Feist as isfp so I'm not going to argue much about this one. It'd be nice to have an article to read or hear.

while i feel it all IS a great song, she seems kinda boring in the pitchfork video interview with her and kevin drew. when i watched that i started second guessing and that maybe he was actually an infj. they made him sound so conductory, directing, etc. a little david lynch in trying to find context's and inspiration's interlocked legs.

nick drake just has the feel of isfp to me. troubadour poets are isfps, infps are self-destructive maniacs who burn out too fast with their own star (much preferred method). kurt's journals is still my favorite book ever written?
Ne and Fi make my creativity bone horny, but with jealousy.

I meant both, I think. I'm no historian, but that band was one that seemed to have such a take it or leave it streak, those cocky guys. Look at the lyrics to "I am the Resurrection", for instance. "Don't waste your words", Ian says halfway through, "I don't need anything from you, I don't care where you've been, Or what you plan to do." <-- There's the N right there. And so which type dislikes stupidity unchecked more than any other? Which type needs more alone time than any other? You've got it. The brashness with which he comes across with his "feelings" is enough to cut. intj. The rest of the band may as well be intj. You should look into the Happy Mondays, though, because I'm not a big fan; I just v.i'd them from one youtube interview. What does intj music do for me? I feel like a lot of intj musicians cut too deeply past the corners to make music worth listening to, but those that do it right make some valuable stuff because it's like they're capable of stepping up on stage and singing songs that I can FEEL just as much as an infp's songs, with more freedom and less wasted energy. R. Stevie Moore, probably my favorite intj, is a total goober, way in debt, lazy gutter bum but has cooked up of the most childish songs that I know and has gone about recording in a total Ne-ish way, all over the place-like, but the contradiction that he represents is what makes him so interesting I guess. And the Fall? Mark does what the heck he wants, when he wants, and is usually right. Almost an other-worldly kind of creativity he has, totally Ni dom.

i'm so into this. i need more intj art in my life, it is the answer to my prayers. i wont have to kneel bedside tonite, bc santa already promised he'd by by tomorrow blaring led zep with his short shorts and what can brown do for you.

also, what's your favorite record, or favorite tracks. i like bend sinister, and not just bc (yes i know) it's a nabokov title for a book (sure there's another meanin too, probably)

Okay. I want your thoughts on infjs as lead singers in (popular) bands, because I did some dot connecting with Blur the other night as I was stuck on Damon for forever and a duck head. I noticed that the rest of his bandmates are intjs, and wondered, could he really lead a pack of bloodthirsty analysts if he had Pness? Further, those early few albums were big on social commentary (see Country House, others) not unlike the Kinks, a noted favorite. Just for comfirmation, I watched an interview with Damon and Jamie, and Jamie is infj all the way, and they get along so well, reading the other's mind and junk like that.

Also, I don't listen to them but Muse = 2 infjs + 1 enfp. Let's make wild stabs at this.

so muse is more thom yorke lite than bullshit chris martin enfp nonsense. also, why is he an enfp? all the enfps i know are smarter than that dude by leaps and bounds. his eyes show canine intelligence? am i right?

also, perhaps the brits are more into infjs than the americans. we are softer and more touchy feel, no? oh warm america, bathing in your golden shades of introverted feeling. infj brits will cut your ass up. i'm moving to the uk (tho wales is infp all the way, scotland is isfp).

A correction: Prince = infj?

With Prince, remember how I said how he wasn't in a jokey mood? After I figured out Damon last night, looked at where their songwriting is strongest (focusing on global issues), I thought about how relatively serious Prince was that night, and how his guitar solos are so friggin out of this world. So I can't get that infj post-it off his face. I want us to prove what he is, once and for all, one way or another, so let's join balls.

Just to add, I'm probably into infj-made music than intj, just because I'm less of a feely feely infp. Way more into it, really. I want to know what you think of the Frogs.

i originally thought prince made sense as an infj. that weird intensity. that provacateur are you an enfj or an infj sense of self. Fe sees everything as arrows pointing INTO it. from all angles. why thom yorke malfunctioned and short-circuited and stopped breathing and had to be resuscitated. prince is almost a flamboyant la glam black iggy. cept with musical skills. infjs hyperaware at all times. infj is sooooo much more directive as a band leader. there are nos and yeses that everyone feels no matter whether they are articulated. there are rules, dude, that you must abide by. this is my fucking band bc i'm the director, the conductor, and the orchestrator. plus these are MY songs.

whereas an infp is the feeling center, he is providing the juice, the grounding, the energetic yogic point in the body of the music. everything must flow thru this feeling channel, this is the foundation, that warm drippy peter hook bassline with the octaves and the major thirds. hot damn!

but also the Ne that makes it so creative, so inventive, so original and wildly fun, witty, etc. that shit is fresh.

i don't know the frogs. yet.

ps today i dl'ed the new animal collective, a tom verlaine record, three by the chameleons, max tundra, lauryn hill, death cab for cutie, the fall, neva dinova, holy fuck, dan deacon, husker du, james mercer, marnie starn, yeah yeah yeahs, the replacements, jenny lewis, radio dept, etc. part-time employment, can i get a hell yeah?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
also, i'll bring some new material to this tomorrow. i know i have some serious work to do to hold up my end of the thread.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFPs have higher voices? haha

----

Oh, have Jim & William Reid been done?

no but they need to. i'm partial to the darklands record. it sounds like galaxie 500. i love galaxie 500. pretty much all shoegaze. what about radio dept?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
no but they need to. i'm partial to the darklands record. it sounds like galaxie 500. i love galaxie 500. pretty much all shoegaze. what about radio dept?

I'm very, very familiar with the Reids's music, but not enough with MBTI to come to any conclusion just based on that....

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
INFPs have higher voices? haha

----

Oh, have Jim & William Reid been done?

They haven't, but they're both infp.

The difference is like, "is this honey or a box of thumbtacks that I'm swallowing?"

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They haven't, but they're both infp.

The difference is like, "is this honey or a box of thumbtacks that I'm swallowing?"

Wait - who's the thumb tacks? haha :D

You think both Reids are INFP....interesting....

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ira kaplan
georgia hubley

i'm just guessing but i'm saying infp for him and intj for her. she looks like an intj. shadows, nowhere near, what type is she?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
as stated elsewhere, bill oldham- going with isfp. confederate horses charging, whiskey soaked, etc. he doesn't seem very directive, either.

surely you have input as to yo la tengo, candylandjoe? or are they a little too staring-at-my-shuffling-feet for you?

i want to know more about your guesses for jesus and mary chain and also galaxie 500.

finally, why do you feel like will shef is an infj? i saw them right around the time the stages names came out, mainly with black sheep boy and some down the river of golden dreams material. i can see either inf type.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No way Nick Drake was an S.

He wrote:

I saw it written and I saw it say
Pink Moon is on its way
None of you stand so tall
Pink Moon is gonna get you all