• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] How to mess with an NF's head?

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Well, shit, I am proud of the fact that I'm weird, so I would look at the dumb ass and just give him a :2up:. Hehehe

True. :yes:

Ok, tell the INF's that, and they may give it large on this thread "oh that would never work" but deep down it would seriously mess with their mojo.

Or maybe I'm just wierd on my lonesome.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Convince them that they can communicate with animals. It won't be hard, they secretly crave to break the animal/human communication barrier.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I figure the only time someone really messes with me is when:

a) They and insecure, and then the problem lies with them, not with me.

b) They are interested in me or like me in some way (not necessarily romantically), in which case it's amusing and flattering.

c) They hate me, in which case I can't change their mind anyway.

d) They are just retards, in which case you can't educate people so who cares?

:D

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Convince them that they can communicate with animals. It won't be hard, they secretly crave to break the animal/human communication barrier.

I am so cynical that no one could ever convince me of that. :nerd:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

All I know is that when I meow, my cats meow back. And when I go "bock, bock, bock" the chickens come over and respond. And when I bark, I scare our dog. So I think that barrier has already been broken....

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
All I know is that when I meow, my cats meow back. And when I go "bock, bock, bock" the chickens come over and respond. And when I bark, I scare our dog. So I think that barrier has already been broken....

And this is how Animal Psychic became a legitimate occupation.... I guarantee they are all NFs.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And this is how Animal Psychic became a legitimate occupation.... I guarantee they are all NFs.
So no con-artists involved? Are you assuming they are all sincere?

And perhaps it is possible to communicate with animals if you study how they use sound and physical cues to communicate without assuming they are telepathic. :doh:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Easy, be a remarkably cold and calculating liar. Be mean or cruel. Exhibit such abhorrent human behavior that you make them stop in their tracks, rethink the meaning of life, question its inherent beauty and consequently become temporarily or perhaps even permanently misanthropic.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
So no con-artists involved? Are you assuming they are all sincere?

And perhaps it is possible to communicate with animals if you study how they use sound and physical cues to communicate without assuming they are telepathic. :doh:

I think animal psychicism is vague enough to where it's easy to convince yourself it's real even if you're not being totally sincere. The Dog Whisperer guy seems legit, there is definitely base-level communication, but some people take it really far.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Pfft, ethology is a science and has plenty of merit.

Animals exhibit behavior, and some people are better than others at accurately perceiving and analyzing said behaviors.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think animal psychicism is vague enough to where it's easy to convince yourself it's real even if you're not being totally sincere. The Dog Whisperer guy seems legit, there is definitely base-level communication, but some people take it really far.
The Dog Whisperer is rather practical and he bases his methods on dog behavior. I do know what you are talking about. There was an actual "Pet Psychic" on Animal Planet who would communicate with deceased pets. I think she probably had herself convinced on at least some points, but it is hard to imagine taking it that far with sincerity. I couldn't determine for certain if she was completely convinced of herself, although it seemed entirely possible.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Heh, my cat always responds to me too. The best communication I've had with animals however, was a few years ago in a little farm, there was a whole barnful of sheep, I looked inside the barn through a small window and did this sheep/goat sound. All the sheep got out of the barn and started following me around everywhere, rather amusing.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:) That's awesome...Animals love me....I'm not saying I'm an animal psychic or anything, but I think animals can tell which human beings are going to help them and which are going to hurt them....My aunt used to say that if her cat avoided a bf or a person, she did too. Hehehhe :D

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Tell them they don't understand animals.