• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP's, do you hate Andie MacDowell?

Andie M?

• Total voters

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Very enigmatic, and very uncharismatic. She has all the acting range of Chuck Norris. But, this does not make me hate her, nor invoke an emotional reaction of any kind. If it were revealed that some people on this planet were actually robots, I would buy it if it was announced that McDowell was one of the robots...

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm curious as to why people are turned off?

I have noticed myself having a peculiar reaction to her because my impression from what I have seen of her characters is this kind of affected sensitivity in her mannerisms and intonation. I tend to feel a bit unconvinced in how she presents herself, but it leaves me more confused than having a negative reaction per se.

I think it's the fact that her very robotic acting and total lack of charisma distract me from the movie itself. It's also what I like to call Melanie Griffith Syndrome: an actress that seems to be getting by on her looks (because it sure ain't her talent), and yet she's not all that pretty. She's pretty, sure, but you can't throw a rock in Hollywood without hitting a gorgeous woman, so how 'bout picking another one so we don't have to watch Andie? :smile:

I'm still mad at Andie MacDowell for screwing up Four Weddings and a Funeral, an otherwise fantastic movie. I mean, seriously. Who is realistically going to pick bland Andie over the fabulous Kristin Scott Thomas? Grrrrr.

Von Mittendorf

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
^EXACTLY! And this woman made a career as an actress! It's insulting to every good actor who can't find a job that this toothy whooer made millions doing their job poorly!

(my parents are unemployed actors, it touches a nerve)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
she's so pretty ... anyone should look so good for close to 50!

tn2_andie_macdowell_3.jpg

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Holy crap.

I just checked out her filmography on IMDB, and Groundhog day is literally the only movie of her's that I've seen. Considering that I see on average 1 movie every week, this is statistically improbable.

Coincidence? Or my subconscious protecting me from unimaginable horror? YOU MAKE THE CALL.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Subconcious. It knows what's best for you and your retinas.

She has those really squinty eyes. It makes every emotion she tries to express look like either suspicion or spite.

You want to see someone who has aged well? Look at Helen Mirren. Look at her tits!

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I'm sorry if this offends(okay, not really), but, every time I see her I get this picture in my head of her talking and her lips moving like a horse trying to get an apple.

Like this.

funny%20horse.jpg

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
omg, what's not to like!? she's perfect!

my husband was on the same flight as her last year and he said she was radiant! say's they locked eyes (lol) and he was smitten for the moment (lmao) i must admit i was a little worried till i came to my senses (;P). he sat in first class while andie sat in economy. how's that for down to earth?

she was great in sex lies and video tape and has always been stunning even at 51.

andie-macdowell-beauty-shop-movie-premiere-arrivals-Y6y35G.jpg
<--- nice nips!

Von Mittendorf

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
Man, why you got to harsh on a good old fashioned hate session?

"THIS ACTOR SUCKS, RIGHT?"
"but she's really pretty!!"

You know who else was pretty? Eva Braun.

She was married to HITLER!

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
i read she had nice nips too. see if you can round us up some pics mitts.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I hate everyone and anyone.

Or in the words of Tharen: I hate

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh...i don't believe you.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
She almost ruined Groundhog Day for me with her lack of sexiness and poor acting. So I almost hated her. But then she started promoting anti-aging creams and my nearly-hatred turned to schadenfreude lightly basted with pity.

I do hate her masculine name though. She has to shoulder the blame for that.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I'm indifferent. My INFJ husband hates her though. So maybe it's an INFJ thing.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I no absolutely nothing about her to judge..and even if I had seen the movies she was in, I still wouldn't have enough evidence to make up my mind..sometimes my P does that to me :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
She almost ruined Groundhog Day for me with her lack of sexiness and poor acting. So I almost hated her.

Yeah I wish there was more there to make it more fun. I thought she was trying to play "clueless sweetheart"

I <3 Groundhog day!

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
She's decently good in sex, lies and videotape. Unremarkable, but in that role her unremarkability is an asset. In other movies I range from being indifferent to finding her offputting.

I'm curious as to why people are turned off?

I have noticed myself having a peculiar reaction to her because my impression from what I have seen of her characters is this kind of affected sensitivity in her mannerisms and intonation. I tend to feel a bit unconvinced in how she presents herself, but it leaves me more confused than having a negative reaction per se.

I can totally see this. I was trying to think of how to explain it, but this is perfect. I think that quality works in sex, lies and videotape because the character is so insecure that her awkwardness as an actress doesn't detract.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Andie WHO? *My pop culture knowledge is sadly lacking, ah well*

:)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Another actress that affects me in much the same way as Andie: Emily Procter. Same vague Southern accent, same mostly stoic manner. Might be lovely people in real life, but as actresses, I just don't see the appeal.