• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Psychic INFJs? Anyone know about this?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
sade said:
I'm good at predicting patterns, and what's going to happen.. But nothing beyond that.
you think its unconscious for you?

sade

you think its unconscious for you?
I actually thought that it might be more concious, but maybe.
I can't relate to getting dreams and/or gut instinct about something that is going to happen. I do sometimes get a bad feeling about stuff, but then I can point out why. "You haven't checked the tires yet, right?" Or weather from a weather pic, political trends (I follow them..), but that's normal.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That'd be me as well.
I'm good at predicting patterns, and what's going to happen.. But nothing beyond that.

I can't see it being a pattern...I have never seen this person at that intersection in all of my life prior to that occurence. Nor have I ever passed this person on the road or seen them on the road when I was out.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's most likely unconsciously predicting patterns through intuition, and the user getting freaked out by it.

1st point) I find that most (99.9%) if not all things in life are circles. We seek to repeat because the familiar is comfortable. (Freud wasn't so far out either)
2nd Point) I find people have emotional climates and tunes...you can hear/feel them, and they can tell alot about someone, (I've never been truly wrong yet, when I second guess I start being wrong) some people are just good people and others have few redeeming qualities, but in they end they are not good.
3rd point) I know people's emotions before they recognise them and/or aknowledge them. Again, never wrong.
4th point) I've seen events before they happen, but feel guiltly when they happen, as I feel I could have done something more to stop them.

BTW I'm going to be a Psych Major.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
do any of you have that talent for vivid shaman-like visualization i was referring to?

i don't think its strictly type related (obviously other types, often thinking types have something like that, even sensing types), but it or a specific variation of it just seemed to match the enneagram 4 & FiNe perfectly.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always had strange "psychic" experiences, including precognitive dreams and visions. Often they are of seemingly random things, other times they are highly significant to myself or others I am close to. I have a "long-distance" connection to some people, including my mother and one or two friends back in the UK. I usually always have some kind of sense as to how their doing and "know" when they are about to contact me.

I have a couple of friends who claim to be mediums, and whilst I do not normally have any abilities in this area, when I am in their presence, I seem to pick up something of what they are seeing. It comes as images inside my mind, for example, after staying in the house of a "clairvoyant" woman I had just met, I started to "see" spirits floating around her supposedly haunted house. One in particular drew my attention: a young female dressed in white, with a strange sort of innocence about her, who was hovering in front of the clairvoyant woman, who seemed to be unaware of her presence. I suddenly asked her "did you have a sister who died?". She replied that yes, a younger sister of hers died shortly after birth, but she had never seen her spirit and had wondered why all her life. I was able to provide further details and reassure the woman that her sister had been with her all the time.

Now, this is the first time I've ever done anything like that and I am still pondering the consequences.

At other time, people I barely know have come up to me and said "I can tell you are psychic, please tell me what is going on in my life". It happened at a party just last weekend. Somehow, I seem to then be able to start puilling accurate facts about that person from out of thin air; as if by opening up to me they have given me permission to read their mind. Some of my answers can be attributed to reading body language etc, but other facts are just too obscure to put down to that. For example, I could tell the woman at the party wanted her next baby to be a girl. Turned out she had just found out she was pregnant and desperately wanted a girl!

Here are some other recent examples of my strange "gift":

A couple of weeks ago I started thinking about what it must be like to be an albino, all the while thinking how weird it was to be thinking that. Then later the same day a TV show came on with a special all about albinos! I had not read the TV guide for that day, so I had no idea that this show was on.

A few days before that, my family and I were leaving a friend's house after a party. It was dark, the sidewalk was uneven and my Mum has a bad leg, so I thought it was just my imagination when I had a vivid mental image of her falling flat on her face. Six seconds later, she did exactly that, but I was the one who shrieked out loud in surprise. Luckily, she wasn't badly hurt, but I'm still beating myself up for not saying something as soon as I had the intuition.

There are countless other examples, some of which I can dismiss as products of my extremely strong Ni function, but others...., well who knows?

You will note my cautious use of language and inverted commas while describing my experiences. I do believe that many "paranormal" phenomena may be real, however, the scientist in me believes that one day there will be a rational explanation for such things, as well as some answers as to which phenomena are real and which are not.

Phew, that was a long reply, but this is a topic of deep interest to myself.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've always had strange "psychic" experiences, including precognitive dreams and visions. Often they are of seemingly random things, other times they are highly significant to myself or others I am close to. I have a "long-distance" connection to some people, including my mother and one or two friends back in the UK. I usually always have some kind of sense as to how their doing and "know" when they are about to contact me.

I have a couple of friends who claim to be mediums, and whilst I do not normally have any abilities in this area, when I am in their presence, I seem to pick up something of what they are seeing. It comes as images inside my mind, for example, after staying in the house of a "clairvoyant" woman I had just met, I started to "see" spirits floating around her supposedly haunted house. One in particular drew my attention: a young female dressed in white, with a strange sort of innocence about her, who was hovering in front of the clairvoyant woman, who seemed to be unaware of her presence. I suddenly asked her "did you have a sister who died?". She replied that yes, a younger sister of hers died shortly after birth, but she had never seen her spirit and had wondered why all her life. I was able to provide further details and reassure the woman that her sister had been with her all the time.

Now, this is the first time I've ever done anything like that and I am still pondering the consequences.

At other time, people I barely know have come up to me and said "I can tell you are psychic, please tell me what is going on in my life". It happened at a party just last weekend. Somehow, I seem to then be able to start puilling accurate facts about that person from out of thin air; as if by opening up to me they have given me permission to read their mind. Some of my answers can be attributed to reading body language etc, but other facts are just too obscure to put down to that. For example, I could tell the woman at the party wanted her next baby to be a girl. Turned out she had just found out she was pregnant and desperately wanted a girl!

Here are some other recent examples of my strange "gift":

A couple of weeks ago I started thinking about what it must be like to be an albino, all the while thinking how weird it was to be thinking that. Then later the same day a TV show came on with a special all about albinos! I had not read the TV guide for that day, so I had no idea that this show was on.

A few days before that, my family and I were leaving a friend's house after a party. It was dark, the sidewalk was uneven and my Mum has a bad leg, so I thought it was just my imagination when I had a vivid mental image of her falling flat on her face. Six seconds later, she did exactly that, but I was the one who shrieked out loud in surprise. Luckily, she wasn't badly hurt, but I'm still beating myself up for not saying something as soon as I had the intuition.

There are countless other examples, some of which I can dismiss as products of my extremely strong Ni function, but others...., well who knows?

You will note my cautious use of language and inverted commas while describing my experiences. I do believe that many "paranormal" phenomena may be real, however, the scientist in me believes that one day there will be a rational explanation for such things, as well as some answers as to which phenomena are real and which are not.

Phew, that was a long reply, but this is a topic of deep interest to myself.

That's pretty damn amazing.
I've had moments similar to that, but I'm not so certain that it's in any extreme, really. I sometimes can 'see' things happening just moments before they do.

Ex: A customer came in to place an order and set her very bundled up baby on the counter, sideways. There is a three foot drop on her side, and then a short drop to the second register on my side. I mentioned something to the customer that it might not be safe to leave her daughter up there sitting sideways and the woman insisted the baby would be fine. As I turned my eyes away from the kid, I had this flash...image of the little girl toppling over. About five or six seconds later, the baby did exactly that, and I, luckily, threw my arm out and caught her before she hit her head on the top of the second register. The child still cried [she was startled, I think], and the mother was freaking out, all while I thought 'I told you so...'

I've mentioned it before in other threads that sometimes if I dream about somebody with whom I'm closely bonded to, I know that I'll hear from them the very next day. More often than not, this occurs with my grandmother than with any other member of the family.

Two days before my cousin passed away in December, I had been thinking about her. I'm not certain why she came to mind [I think it was because I was on Myspace--my top friends used to be set up on random, so I never knew who was going to show up- and she was in my number 1 spot that moment]- but I suddenly got the inkling that perhaps I should contact her. I thought 'I wonder how Brittany is doing. I should make a point to tell her that I'm coming home to visit in a couple of weeks and make sure she can go to dinner with all of us since she couldn't last time.'

Unfortunately, I got too involved in whatever I'd gone to Myspace for and completely forgot to send the message. The next day, she passed away, and the following day was when I found out about it. I had a notion that I'd thought about her, about contacting her, because something was going to happen. It'd been my last chance, and I didn't take it.

I also get those strong urges to not go somewhere [and unfortunately, I don't always listen...] because I know something is going to turn out badly, or that I'll wind up feeling very uncomfortable. Sometimes I dream about things at complete random and it will eventually come true. In 7th grade, I had a dream about a classmate I was not friends with getting pregnant at a young age. As it turned out, come Freshman year of high school, that dream actually became a reality and that girl had to drop out of school to take care of her kid.

I don't usually read too much into these feelings and dreams, but sometimes if it gives me such a strong emotion of urgency, then I will pay attention. Other times, I don't heed it too much [and it usually lands me in trouble...you think I'd learned by now..].

G

Glycerine

I have had times where I will be thinking of someone and then the next minute they will just text or call me out of the blue.

Bethedee

MBTI Type
INFJ
I also have issues with dream deja vus. Sometimes it's exact things, like I find myself sitting at a table and picking up a random magazine and then realizing I'd sat at the exact same table with the exact same magazine in a recent dream. This also occurs with just seeing random objects.

I don't usually have full visions though. That's really fascinating...

hopeseed

MBTI Type
INF~
Enneagram
4 w5
I've heard alot of places that say INFJ's can have have psychic abilities, are there any real expirences/arguments to this tune? Has this been proven/disproven, have an explanation...personal stories welcomed and appreciated :)

I think it seems psychic, but is a very natural way of deducing things based on what a person percieves from others and situations.

For inf-'s I think this is all related to empathy, but that's just my own experience. our empathy, I think, is loaded with wisdom about others and things that happen in life, like the way things tend to play out depending on the situations and the feel of the people involved. I think this make since to a lot of iN types perhaps...?

Hey, a question for you and other infj's:
Do you sometimes see people and feel like you have lived their lives. Like you've been there?

Exzalibahr

I dont think people are psychicly gifted as such that they can percieve other dimensional thingies with a extra lobe in the brain. Its seems to me that somehow people relate millions of expierences and worries that occur in a day to psychic qualities. That are better explained as having hindsight conclusions and psychological loopholes. I do believe that people are basicly all knowing and that our personality is all but an illusion (not most healty state of mind).

Perhaps this is why people who have very secure thoughts about ways of relating to the world seem more wise and divinish, because they dont have to preoccupie there basic essence with daily thought so in the silence such a strong thought pattern creates wisdom can flow i believe. Like the 8 year old indian kid on television that seems more wise than a 40 year old western man, altough this may be a psychic realization wich coming from me should taking not to seriously :)

But having psychic expierences from such a illusionari state of mind we all expierence on a daily basis seems unlikly to me.
Iv met a few psychic people who talked mostly generalized mumble with the occazionly strange weird name popping up that they couldnt possibly know.
But the 100+ dollar i had to pay afterwards didnt pull me over the line of convincing me.

Those people also seem very simple in mind they have no illusions about themselves and as god said (or the guy who wrote it) Gods gift are for the simple minded, - or something to that extend :D

For hopeseed: Outside the question of i am infj, I know the feeling i think, i have this sometimes when i am standing around in the city or anywhere for that matter, and a person catches me looking at them for a moment and there is this instant connection of recognition, this person often ends up talking to me their deepest convictions of certain things etc wich i dont know how to handle and after wards the feelings about how i percieved them are usally very different so i tend to keep such strangers at a distance, i find it best to dont entertain myself with feelings of knowing about such persons because i make those inherently mine and its saddening to find those shattered although i find that i can learn from those ''mistakes''

Dont know if that applies to your question tho, just wanting to share :p

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
I wouldn't call it psychic... I think it's a combination of high intuition and high observation. And to that end, I'd say yes... I'd say that's true for me.

An example...

Once in a french class, we were doing a studying game (in high school) and we were to write down the work for "saw", as in, the tool, and no one could get it. I looked up at my teacher and caught her eye, and the word popped into my head. I had no recollection of ever learning it (in fact, I wasn't even paying attention to the game... I was doodling). Turned out the word I came up with was right.

that sort of thing happens often enough for me to be aware of this ability. But more often than not, it's because of my intuition.