• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Atypical ENFPs

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not very hard to see - we're on to you. :D

Erina, what kind of meds are you on? :p

I assumed that Wild Horses was referring to the shy/awkward thing running through ENFPs at some level.

wait! what! are you talking to me? haha

oh...you edited! yeah we're totally awkward but are you callin me silly? and awkward now? haha...or were you talking to someone else? or just a general...yoooou?
and now i'm wearing myself out.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
enfp can be verry empathic thus "warm", occasionally even to remote contacts, its an equivalent of writing a poetic spiritually touching postcard. but that's different from cuddling. they select carefully who is allowed to be on which level with them.

if you want to group-hug, go enfj.
if you want to meet enfj, go metacafe.com
:D

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Erina,

I'm not because you will lose interest in me when I pay you too much attention. :p

It's what ENFPs do! All of them! Ah, yes...*rolls around in prejudice*

(I was talking to Wild Horses AND You)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nanook: you are an odd one kinda...is that you in your avi?

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm one of the more serious ones - actually, the fluffy thing is, I think, not applicable to us at all. Kind, sensitive, silly - yes. But not fluffy. Most of the ENFP's I've met were edgy, like an ENTP, but with more emotions.

Well, at least that's how I am. I sometimes think I might be on the more iron clad end of the scale - I'm not as light hearted as some of the others on the board, though sometimes I wish I were.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Erina,

I'm not because you will lose interest in me when I pay you too much attention. :p

It's what ENFPs do! All of them! Ah, yes...*rolls around in prejudice*

(I was talking to Wild Horses AND You)

omg so confused! ha! okay...weirdoooo :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm one of the more serious ones - actually, the fluffy thing is, I think, not applicable to us at all. Kind, sensitive, silly - yes. But not fluffy. Most of the ENFP's I've met were edgy, like an ENTP, but with more emotions.

Well, at least that's how I am. I sometimes think I might be on the more iron clad end of the scale - I'm not as light hearted as some of the others on the board, though sometimes I wish I were.

totally right and really ought to be screamed a bit! i am NOT fluffy.
d3113c5bb24a221a98f8864a18486924.gif

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I seem to have a raging F, which can really draw me away from any normal standpoint (if that makes sense).

nanook

a scream in a vortex
the enfp i appreciate the most is about 70 years old and male. he drops inspirational skillful anecdotes, weaving in citations of goethe or cg jung and the like, giving examples, that perfectly match the context, so they enlighten the personal or interpersonal situation of people he adresses. absolutely no fluffyness, but he does sort of pretend it, he actually posts a pic of him with his teddybär, waving and stuff like that. loves to feed birds.

@ erinavery, yeah, i am odd, yeah its me, theres more in my profile

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
You love me.

And by that I mean specific and generic you.

ENFPs are friendwhores, but I like to watch. *creeps around*

:devil:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my dad was a totally eccentric enfp...always telling some really fascinating story...loved to hear him discuss spirituality...it's like he glowed...just mesmerizing..or maybe i was high but really had a poetic way of speaking too....loved it.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Doesn't every ENFP think they are unique? Seriously. Everyone is atypical in their own way no matter the type. Embrace yourself. :p

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
It's because everyone is unique!

Seriously, though, there is a reason for my avatar. I am four and a half feet of crazy warrior woman. I'm pretty sure this isn't atypical of ENFPs.:tongue:

nanook

a scream in a vortex
well in the case of the specific enfp i have described: he strongly projects being special (and i attest to that, albeit i am sure, there are situations in his private live where one or two people suffer from this) ... anyway i am almost sure he would be best portrayed as enneagram four, but i dont deny seven, (as seven has been associated with vigilance on some stupid website) and there actually is this paranoid vigilance (court jester/black sheep archetype), embedded into his sense of specialness. but absolutely no paranoid delusion. maybe he likes to imply envy once to often. his diagnosis would be bipolar. sometimes he is a stranger in his head, that is to say his "I" gets to witness his internal activity without feeling that it has a part in the doing. its different from hearing voices, as voices talk to "you" and in his case there is no projected identity involved. but its not sober transcendence either. this is, what i understood from what he was telling me about it. it is influences by something i experienced in hypnagogia (falling to sleep). i believe its not uncommon for people with dominant intuition to freely access such hypnagogia. he talks allot about energy, like what reactions he creates in different people and what he gets back. its sort of like loosing control over a social situation and looking at it from a bird perspective and talking about it, as if it was a trans-personal event (which it is, btw). he likes to believe, that his energy gets even mixed up with electricity, causing alarms to go of, or people having a nervous spasm and dropping their money, while he is talking to them. might be a wrong interpretation, but on the other hand i have been setting of alarms myself, so if it is not i wrong observation I don't want to judge him to hard for coming to such conclusions

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well in the case of the specific enfp i have described: he strongly projects being special (and i attest to that, albeit i am sure, there are situations in his private live where one or two people suffer from this) ... anyway i am almost sure he would be best portrayed as enneagram four, but i dont deny seven, (as seven has been associated with vigilance on some stupid website) and there actually is this paranoid vigilance (court jester/black sheep archetype), embedded into his sense of specialness. but absolutely no paranoid delusion. maybe he likes to imply envy once to often. his diagnosis would be bipolar. sometimes he is a stranger in his head, that is to say his "I" gets to witness his internal activity without feeling that it has a part in the doing. its different from hearing voices, as voices talk to "you" and in his case there is no projected identity involved. but its not sober transcendence either. this is, what i understood from what he was telling me about it. it is influences by something i experienced in hypnagogia (falling to sleep). i believe its not uncommon for people with dominant intuition to freely access such hypnagogia. he talks allot about energy, like what reactions he creates in different people and what he gets back. its sort of like loosing control over a social situation and looking at it from a bird perspective and talking about it, as if it was a trans-personal event (which it is, btw). he likes to believe, that his energy gets even mixed up with electricity, causing alarms to go of, or people having a nervous spasm and dropping their money, while he is talking to him. might be a wrong interpretation, but on the other hand i have been setting of alarms myself, so if it is not i wrong observation I don't want to judge him to hard for coming to such conclusions

sounds very interesting. would love to have a chat with him...my dad thought he had to wear red shades to drive...and he drove with both feet and never paid attention. it was so funny but frightening a bit too and he was so sensitive to peoples energy that he just couldn't be around certain people or they would make him sick...haha

nothing at all like what you were saying but i felt like sharing anyway. :)

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's what ENFPs do! All of them!

+2... funding into the research of domestication of ENFPs needs to be ramped up ASAP....this has gone on long enough!... as the ENTJ i nominate myself to head the project :devil:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I don't care about being unique, I care about being me. I want you to be you, too.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
All ENFPs are the same, that's why they fit so well in the ENFP box. Their need for uniqueness forces them to comform to being noncomformists. //end generalisation.