• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] inf complexity and communication

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
infj is more comfortable spitting out incoherent bits and pieces of metaphoric landmarks and objects and assuming they connect.

Yikes. That's me on any given day, good or bad. Fortunately, my sister is around to blow up the worst of my Ni "conspiracies". I can subconsciously make connections and of course not realize that I'm doing it.

My father and I were sitting in the doctor's office discussing Ni, and he says that his is always running around trying to make a bigger picture from little pieces picked up here and there, or trying to fabricate an answer from a bunny warren of leads.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
My father and I were sitting in the doctor's office discussing Ni, and he says that his is always running around trying to make a bigger picture from little pieces picked up here and there, or trying to fabricate an answer from a bunny warren of leads.

*nods head in agreement* Sometimes it feels frustrating when Ni tells you the answer is there but you can't for the life of you figure out how exactly is everything supposed to be linked together.

It's also hopeless trying to tell a non-NJ about it because they'll just look at you funny as if you've lost your marbles. :doh:

Cosimo

MBTI Type
INFP
I've got an INFJ friend, and I agree with you. The more I learn about myself the more I dislike people around me. The more I dislike people around me, the less I care about life. But learning this stuff helps to give me direction on who I should spend my energy on and who I shouldn't.

To be honest, NF's are the only people out there that make life worth it at all for me. I can't but help think any non-NF is just a completely inferior being.

Cosimo

MBTI Type
INFP

I'm not saying anyone should be treated badly, but that is how I see it. I think about the people I've known in my life and the only reason I'm not the fuckn joker today is because of other people like that.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not saying anyone should be treated badly

THANK GOD I won't be crushed by the INFP's iron hands. I was starting to get worried...

Now I can finally sleep well.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not saying anyone should be treated badly, but that is how I see it. I think about the people I've known in my life and the only reason I'm not the fuckn joker today is because of other people like that.

I could get all defensive about my type. I could spout a million reasons why you could be biased, how ultimately its your fault. I could point out a million instances where a non-NF was superior to an NF.

Instead, I'll say that you came to the right place. I highly suggest you use this forum to especially interact with non-NFs, to learn how they think, and to learn that they are good people too, in their own way, and that they have things to offer too.

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
Instead, I'll say that you came to the right place. I highly suggest you use this forum to especially interact with non-NFs, to learn how they think, and to learn that they are good people too, in their own way, and that they have things to offer too.

Too bad there are so few SJ's and SP's here. :( :( :(

Edited for frowny faces.

Cosimo

MBTI Type
INFP
I could get all defensive about my type. I could spout a million reasons why you could be biased, how ultimately its your fault. I could point out a million instances where a non-NF was superior to an NF.

If you want to get offended, go right ahead.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
If you want to get offended, go right ahead.

I clearly misrepresented myself. I am not personally offended. However, I think it is a shame that you cannot see the good of others unlike you. If you do not wish to do so, then go right ahead.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
this place seems bs imo

Well isn't that special!

A little potty mouth that can't write a complete sentence is visiting here; Awwwww how cute.

Maybe your attitude is bullshit?

G

Glycerine

haha, NFs aren't the best. We have our strengths and weaknesses just like any other temperament. I have seriously envied each type at least once for a particular talent. I like how most SPs can live in the moment and live life to the fullest. I like how NTs are usually good at building systems and theorizing. I like how SJs are usually able to stabilize society and have the ability to keep on top of things. And for last, I like how NFs are usually very good at connecting and building bridges with other individuals.

Antreus

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/2
I feel like INFs, especially INFJs, tend to have more complex/wacky/crazy/pet theory/incomplete ideas going on in their head than they are able to communicate efficiently, sometimes because they don't feel like their thought will make sense to other people or that it will be received well. While INTs, have an easier time expressing the fringe nuttyness going on in their mind in a somewhat absorbable and rational way.

This made me laugh because I have NT friends. I don't know why they keep me around sometimes, but sometimes I do have my moments when I say something profound and they are agape.

Fringe nuttiness, yes. Ability to discuss the contents of the nut, not as easy, but doable. I'm so bad at facts sometimes! I get all hot and sweaty around NT's who blurt out all these facts within five seconds.. I have a hard time keeping up with my brain sometimes, usually when under stress to make sense of something affecting me, that I don't facilitate my words as fast and lose my train of thought or have to have a brief long pause to catch up.

The connections I make between two sources though is incomparable around NT's, it keeps them guessing. I think they think it is amusing to see me trying so hard. Even if I do not show it on the surface, they sense some turmoil to be sure.

Vulcan mind meld anyone?

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Can I just give a big, fat thumbs up to this thread?
I relate to almost every post on some level.
As an INFP, it is very difficult for me to communicate what I feel I know.
I feelknow a thing before I knowknow a thing. I see the connection/image/word/association in my mind, but articulating, or rather intellectualizing, that in a coherent and sensible way is usually a challenge for me. Like someone here said before, it takes me a few moments to collect those thoughts and put them in a way that the average person would understand them.

@CzeCze We INFPs do have a harder time expressing our desires and displeasure. We could say that we like or dislike a thing but saying to what extent we like or dislike that thing, because we're prone to truly see how complex the matter is, is just <slits wrists> AWFUL! :laugh:

I feel INFJ sometimes. I don't feel it completely because I am, in fact, an INFP, but I do feel it often enough that I know that I had the capacity as I was growing up to become an INFJ. Over the years, though, I've been discouraged to trust my intuition and, thus, been neglecting it. I'm more conscious of it now and am trying to get back in touch with it :). I'll be an INFP leaning INFJ? Does that make sense?

Goatman455

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
very specifically- i think infj has the most difficulty communicating of any type with infp close behind.

infp can't articulate its feelings and values, they are decidedly private and deliberately fuzzy. they exist internally and their articulation only happens in the rarest of occasions (art, saintly gestures, etc). plus they feel themselves more clearly and use that as an extremely powerful internal compass. they live out their ideals and suffer their contradictions. they embody or become or perform them, acting them out, and discover the boundaries of their values thru experience and experimentation.

infj is relying on Ni to formulate its thought, speech, and feeling. Ni is the worst form giver possible, bc it is only a glimpse of something, a revelation, an illumination that can be held together only for a second. you're trying to construct logically flowing (yet unbastardized) meaningful speech out of Fe and Ti when the only thing you have to go on is an invisible holograph that you sort of feel but can't really reconstruct or remember.

not to mention that infj needs more desperately than infp to explicitly articulate and express its understandings. it is its whole mode of operation, its whole reason for existing, raison d'etre. to symbolize it, to create a meaningful artifact out of it, to congeal it into something powerful that will explode and impact everything around it.

personally, all my life it's like i've been staring at this picture far off in the distance or this shape in the clouds that i can't fully see, and it's all i ever want to talk about. i want to grasp it finally and completely with total conviction and understanding. but i don't even know what it is, can't see it, don't even remember half the time where to look...

In my opinion you come closer to describing the beauty of introversion in that statement, and perhaps I come close to explain the beauty of extroversion in mine.

Truth is, I prefer introversion, even though I am extrovert, I need the stimulation from others and it bothers me, I wish I could be more 'on' when I was alone.