• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs - What's your dream/goal/passion?

Valhallahereicome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w7
So there's a thread for ENFP dreams, but I wanted to add my own... And I'm curious to see what other INFPs want to do with their lives, since we're so idealistic!

I'll start:
- Hope to get accepted into program teaching HIV/AIDS prevention in Tanzania, do that this fall.
- Then, hope to join the Peace Corps.
- Hope to do a road trip around the entire U.S., since I've lived in wacky California all my life!
- Hope to visit all 7 continents, especially Antarctica.
- Hope to wind up in Europe at some point being the girlfriend of some rich marquis and living in high society.
- Hope to backpack through Central Asia.
- Hope to wind up in some really dangerous situations and barely escape with my skin.
- Hope to open up and run a shelter or hospital for victims of personal or political tragedies.
- Hope to make stacks of money somehow, in between all that stuff, and buy Marshall Farms - it's this puppy mill in NY state where they breed beagles for animal testing. I would turn it into a home for all dogs and other animals who have been mentally and physically tortured.
- Hope to become a wilderness guide in Hawaii at some point.
- When I become disillusioned with everything, hope to chuck it all and live in Alaska in a log cabin for few years.

More personally:
- Hope to support my family to the best of my ability through all this.
- Hope to become a better friend to everyone.
- Hope to conquer my own fears and anxieties.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hopes and dreams...too many to share here, and there just a wee bit contradictory, I need a few lives to just achieve them all.

pure_sterling

MBTI Type
INFP
Valhallahereicome = soulmate :wubbie:

I'm in my third year of international relations and this summer I am going to Uganda and am going to be paired with either a rural literacy program or an HIV/AIDS program for 6 weeks. At this point I hope to pursue humanitarianism as a career, but am still wary because of the remarckable failures and contradictions of humanitarianism from the past.

Travel, travel, travel. I always get travel envy when I hear someone is going on some fantastic trip even when I have one of my own. :yes:

And yes I definatly agree that life is too short to explore and learn everything that one wants to!

Clover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
My dream is to find solid meaning for life on earth, to find meaning in existence and not kill myself out of hopelessness; and maybe to find a niche where I can comfortably reside. I also hope I can shed my current skin and conquer the anxiety that causes me to be rather superficial at times.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
To finally write a book, actually complete the little bugger.

To realise my goals.

To find a companion who "get's me" in a way no one else ever has.

To raise my children without too many hang ups.

To be happy one day.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
- Hope to get accepted into program teaching HIV/AIDS prevention in Tanzania, do that this fall.
- Then, hope to join the Peace Corps.
I'm in my third year of international relations and this summer I am going to Uganda and am going to be paired with either a rural literacy program or an HIV/AIDS program for 6 weeks.
I really admire that. No, really, I do. I hope you get to do all those things--you sound like you're really going to make a difference out there. We need more people like you two. :hug:

To finally write a book, actually complete the little bugger.
Absolutely agree. Ideally, I'd like to make it a profession...with like a book out a year...(hey, we're called Idealists for a reason, right?)

1) Go to Europe.
2) Fall in love, not puppy love for once.
3) Make a positive change in someone's life.
4) Repeat number 3 as often as possible.
5) Learn all I can, and possibly teach.

But for now, I'd just like to love life every day. It's the little stuff, you know? :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My dreams/goals/passions:

- Travel, a lot (doesn't everyone want to do this though?)
- Make my design business a success & actually be proud of my work
- Fall in love with someone amazing, and have it requited, and live in a blissful love cloud forever & ever
- Write that novel
- Have some of my crap poetry published and regarded as decent by people who regard poetry
- Give more time & more of myself to my spiritual pursuits
- Learn to play guitar and make some music to go with my lyrics; possibly start my own band
- Start drawing again, and get really good at it
- Significantly inspire or help someone

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My dreams...
-get a cat named Mr. Dewinter... a blue cream persian... ^ - ^
-move to a city with lots of lights and shopping centers and tall buildings and rain...
-change someone's life!
-be nicer and less whiny and happy and helpful and even-tempered and not-so-self-absorbed!!!
-maybe find God or gods somehow...
-keep loving a certain someone and never fall out of love and have them love me... not hitting on every other girl i get close to...
-find something to fight for, something to fight against... not having to feel so aimless and bored and dissatisfied and stressed and aimless and bored........................

And some not-so-realistic ones...
-start an ironic, electronic, space-themed, BDSM and club-drug-fueled rock band called The War on Drugs
-write graphic novels or maybe just plain novels and get famous that way...
-be a spirit or something...
-be perfect!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would like to graduate from college and go on to graduate school to earn my Masters. I would like to find some type of employment where I can combine my personal strengths with bettering the world in some way. I want a career in something that does not involve capitalist profit in any way - teaching or writing or environmental work are currently at the top of my list. Okay, writing could be a wee bit capitalist, but not the destructive way that I'm thinking of capitalism because I would strive to create beauty and meaning, not crank out some crap just to earn a dime from the unsuspecting public. I dream about going to Europe. I would like to be married, not to a handsome prince or any such nonsense, but to someone I really love who loves me in return. Mainly I just want to be a content, fulfilled person who is reasonably sane and peaceful and contributes the people around me in a meaningful way. I know I must take care of myself before I can take care of anyone else.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
When I have more time I want to help a woman's shelter and advance animal rights. Can't do much at this point though. I also want to have a few babies with a super fun, supportive and smart guy.

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%
Nothing like wanting to goto some 3rd world country to "make a difference" since really the money it'd cost to send me there and provide me with food and shelter could be better used by hiring and training a local for 6-months to a year who actually needs the job. I don't need the "feel good about myself" reward for "helping other's my self" that others run off and do it to achieve. I get enough of that here at home, and I'm honestly sick of it.

No, my dreams are more simple.. One day I want to build my own home by hand. Design and build a car from scratch. Have my own family to return to.

The biggest ones tho, are too know what it's like to have a friend who is around more then just when "they" need something done for them. To find someone to love & trust in no matter what happens, to stand by and support, to miss when they're not beside me, and have it return.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
- keeping an eye on any new exoplanets discovered
- watching for new information on them
- information on my ancestry and how it relates to historical events
- I want to be a daddy some decade
- I want to retire to a life of picking up random degrees for my own hahas.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I want a pet piglet, for starters. I'd also like to overcome my low self-esteem, which is severely debilitating my quality of life right now. I want to found my own magazine in college that writes openly about controversial issues, and I want to volunteer at some type of counseling place. I want to get up off my ass. I want to graduate college and find a career that allows me to travel. In the far, far distant future I really want to get married and be a mom. I want to help & heal, but I don't know how.

So Long So Long

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hmm...

• I want to successfully graduate from High School on time with a good GPA so I can get accepted to at least a 'decent' college. I want to major in Psychology (Clinical/Counseling, eventually) and eventually work at a local Behavioral Center helping teenagers deal with their problems and gain better coping skills than they've been using, etc.
• I want to actually put pen to paper - fingers to keyboard and write my novel and then hopefully self publish it.
• Continue doing my volunteer work.
• I want to travel to far away places and experience things that nobody else has or notices. I want to take in everything.
• I want to make sure the world remembers me and that I remember it - I want to do something fantastic; something that changes a person's life or their day or makes them go from sad to happy and everything in between. I don't want to do it for fame or appreciation or acceptance, but just so people will remember me when they hear my name and maybe think about me for a few seconds, or smile in a far away way. I don't wish to be forgotten upon my death; that's not like me at all.
• To meet up with my best friend and be friends with her for a life time. She is my other half, ergo I need her around and I want her around.
• I want to dive deep into religion and discover what I really agree with and what I really don't agree with. Maybe I'll find the right religion for myself along the way, too. Or, maybe not. It's really all about discovering and exploring for me.
• I want to learn how to speak French, German, Japanese, etc. fluently. I probably won't be too good at it the first time around, but eh, it'll be interesting.

Last edited:

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
My most important goals...

-Find my one, true love
-Develop a unique writing style, write memorable, recognised books and plays
-Act on stage- but first get into the drama course I want to get into at Uni next year

A couple more that would be nice..

-Get better at flute, hopefully continue with it for years to come
-Travel. Germany would be nice.

And some goals for my way of life:

-Keep an open mind, but at the same time have the courage to develop my own unique opinion about things and have confidence in it rather than be influenced too much by other people (I guess through living longer and experiencing more I'll be able to improve this)
-Meet lots of interesting people, establish some long lasting friendships and maintain the ones I already have
-Always be involved in something, enjoy life and never allow myself to get bored!

That should do it. For now.

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
-Marry someone who I am fiercely, madly, ridiculously in love with and who feels the same for me, and never leaves my side. Someone who will drive around town with me blasting Bruce Springsteen songs.

-Have their babies. Live in a nice, quiet California neighborhood to keep my family warm and safe. Bring my kids their towels and cheer them on when they finish a swim race.

-Have a lot of good friends around, always.

-Be an actress. Have a lot of roles that are meaningful, challenging, and fun.

-Maybe be a teacher as well.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Well as my values go, loving kindness, confident self belief to have a voice, a fun joyful happy life, security from finances & inspiring motivational. My goals then are relationship success, friendship success & career success. My passions as they seem are animation, film, psychology, information systems, self help, alternatives, decor and design, music, reading, writing, people. My goals to experience love, intimacy and happiness. To connect a centralized self help, alternative medicine, life skills center, library in the public domain. The inspiration and motivation for generations to learn from, gather together, celebrate life, group events, social comfort and general support for who needs assistance.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
- I want to travel the world. That's a definite, especially Germany and Venice. I want to live there for several months.
- Develop spiritually (not religiously though)
- Become an animator
- Live in a cozy house, with a garden and an underground library!
- Help somebody. It doesn't have to be big. It could be just rescuing an injured animal, helping a old lady with her groceries or making a difference in someone's life, however small it may be. I am just really grateful to be able help someone.
- Really, I want to see that smile on someone after I helped them. It makes the world world seemed so much brighter.
- Talk and become friend with that someone who has the kindest smile I ever seen. I found that someone but I still haven't gathered the courage to converse with him. But if I haven't seen him smile, I think I would have never knew he existed.
- Get into a good tertiary institution. It's my first step to becoming an animator.
- Paint with my heart and not with my mind
- Learn a new language

Last edited: