• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] infj and is Fe 100% fleetingly extroverted?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
honestly i feel like 70/30 or 80/20 (Fe Fi). i hate holiday celebrations and i can't imagine ever being all diamond ring and cliched social forms of expression. yet i've watched too many classic hollywood flicks and sadly can all-too-easily stomach romantic comedies. in Fe manner i HAVE to get things off my chest pretty quickly, i can't just absorb and concentrate and clarify my feelings immediately, i just have to spit them out like too-hot coffee.

i do have ideas of a Perfect Story in pretty much all areas and avenues of my life, which i've always just attributed to the insidiousness of american advertising purporting imaginary lifestyles and propagating games of conspicuous consumption and socially determined good taste (elitism). fashionable is probably a little bit too important to me. it is certainly concerned with relating to others and expressing yourself and your position in the social millieu gently but firmly. making a claim about yourself and your position/possibility.

Fi has to get its values and its romantic inclinations and ideated Ideals from somewhere, too, right?

so, 100% one way? are they supposed to be totally separate functions/processes? is this (Fe) the only process along with my inferior Se that connects me to the world, in which i merge with the world? what happens after dom aux ter and inf? or all these blends and continuums (each function i and e)? and is inferior (4th) worse than 5, 6, 7, and 8?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have essentially no Fi. Probably 90/10 Fe/Fi.

thats fucking scary. so your values are 90% of the time, at the whim of the people around you? (im not attacking you. honestly trying to understand how you function with so little Fi).

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have essentially no Fi. Probably 90/10 Fe/Fi.

what stays behind and how do you feel like you organize and maintain your own set of values, aesthetic tastes, judgment, etc?

redacted

thats fucking scary. so your values are 90% of the time, at the whim of the people around you? (im not attacking you. honestly trying to understand how you function with so little Fi).

what stays behind and how do you feel like you organize and maintain your own set of values, aesthetic tastes, judgment, etc?

Well, I don't really think of much as immoral. My values don't really have anything to do with those around me, except that I try not to hurt them and try not to let them hurt each other, whatever my Ni/Ti says that means.

I don't just jump from value set to value set -- it's more like I navigate the external values of the moment.

I'm pretty much a nihilist/hedonist, with the constraint of not hurting those around me.

The problem is having access to what I personally feel about things. I don't really pay any conscious attention to that stuff, it's been pretty buried. I've been working during the last few years on trying to coax it back out to consciousness. Because I can be as rational as I want, but it kinda doesn't matter unless I use my own feelings as premises...

(Aesthetic taste I think is more in the realm of Se/Si.)

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you seem very intelligent and i enjoy reading your responses.

i think one of the major differences between Fe/Fi is objective vs subjective values. that you internalize and embody the objective relations of those around you and the feelings that correspond to their specific positions, perspectives, etc. whereas Fi would keep a bigger chunk of its own emotional currency in its pocket and spend it whenever it deeply wanted something, regardless of what the objective situation was (sum total).

i agree that aesthetic taste definitely has an Se element as far as refining the material actuality of the symbolic presentation, but i find the symbolic power behind taste to be a more compelling and complex story. for nf and nt the object becomes something else, a representation, more than just a material object (with whatever affect that entails). so it has both aspects. my friend is an isfp artisan who is constantly making objects, producing material and playing with it, a technician and an inventor. i just want to know the possibilities it has to SPEAK within a symbolic discourse.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fe still has to find a way to cope with environmental changes and sudden shifts in values. mine have evolved so much. some of them have been misguided attempts to protect myself from my own insecurities. nevertheless, i feel like there is something that has perdured throughout all that. something less than situational. something that can reject and criticize everything around it.

i guess i'm saying i can't see how to conceptualize of Fe as F (subjective values) but e (situational and stored outside myself)? how that judging function can be internalized and embodied when i feel as if i have clear-cut truths, values, tastes, etc that continue within my interior regardless of what is around me.

with that said, i have a sneaking suspicion that infj probably uses external symbols, humming a melody, etc more than any other type to regulate its mood, keep it own course, and stay focused and attuned to a specific desire.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I Have barely any Fe, which I think would be worse from society's point of view then having barely any Fi.Luckily I've learned how to fake it, when I need to.