• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs What personality type(s) calm you down the most and why?

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
and if you are not an NF, What personality type calms you down the most and why?

NTs really calm me down alot, because they are ussally so rational in how they deal with things and in general very grounded and I enjoy their senses of humor (atleast the ones I know)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All but XSFX. SFs just seem to have their feelings directed outward and toward physical things in general. It sort of confuses me. Plus there is a large communication gap between S/N.

It's very refreshing to be around XSTX types because I feel grounded in this real world and we can usually flawlessly communicate using a T medium. Plus I can talk about many things in the real world. There's no real problems with communication here, since most of what I do is through Te around these people.

NTs are pretty refreshing to me also, to get a break from the emotions flowing through my mind. Plus I have some great conversations with these people through intuition. They are very reliable for me also, I usually know what I'm getting when I talk with them, they are honest and from what I've seen intelligent people and never seem to mind my quirkyness. I'm never usually left emotional baggage from them, it's refreshing.

Other NFs can be refreshing also. If I have any emotional problems they are there to listen to me (my friends, not just random people lol). It's very different from being around thinkers, but still refreshing to me. I feel like I am free to express my feelings. Over active Fe can be annoying to me, most of the time when I get "Fe'd" what they think is good for me is inaccurate since I'm hard to read, and I end up confused as to their motives.

If I had to choose a "most" it would be an INXX.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Type B Personalities, regardless of MBTI type. There probably aren't too many Type B ESTJs out there, though.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
NTs, especially NTJs. Some other NFs, more so if they have a well-developed T side. I find NTs both intriguing and easy to relate to. It's about as close to effortless as I'll probably get in social relationships, which is calming.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
ISFPs,INFPs,ENTP,INTJ.
The F's really "soothe" you, they take it easy and are very understanding.
ENTPs just always put me in a good mood.
INTJs are "in control", you feel like you are "in good hands", I notice they tend to be patient too.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Those that make me feel safe and can help clear my head..oddly enough, that's often NTs, when they're not in one of their evil moods

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
NT's - I think that I've figured out that I can't get offended at an NT if they are unable to be offended. So they can get away with saying stuff to me that other people wouldn't be able to.

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFJ's...they are natural therapists...

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Other NFs..... S types frustrate me because they never really understand what I am saying, and NTs are patronizing with their logic blinders on.

Split_Infinitive

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
ISTP - one of my best friends in the world is ISTP and whenever I am stressed or upset or depressed, she is the only person in the world I want to hang out with. She just sticks me on her couch with a cup of tea and then goes off to do her own thing, making sure she is around if needed and that I am always supplied with more tea. She is just ok with everything. It's all good. She makes me feel I'm not isolated, but she doesn't crowd my space. When I'm ready to talk, she's ready to talk. She won't initiate. She's calm, relaxed, practical - the perfect antidote for my hot INFJ brain.

INFP and INTJ calm me to an extent, but the INFP is too emotionally invested for me to be able to completely let go, and although the INTJ is wonderful at first as they are so cool and logical, like cold water on my raging fire, they tend to try and fix things a bit too much. Problem? I'll fix it. That's not relaxing, though, feeling like something needs to be fixed.

ETA: Bless you, heart, for saying INFJ. But being one myself I can't help but think "how on earth can an INFJ have any kind of calming influence?" But maybe it's that cool, earth crust exterior (to use Ubol's metaphor from another thread). I suppose I'm too closely acquainted with the lava underneath.