• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NFs What personality type(s) calm you down the most and why?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
MBTI-wise, SFJs, and the occasional IxTx. SFJs are comfortable. IxTJs are calm and steady and IxTPs have that cool logic and quiet gentle Fe.

Enneagram-wise, 2s and 9s. 2s are warm and embracing, and 9s are level-headed and harmonizing.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
MBTI-wise, SFJs, and the occasional IxTx. SFJs are comfortable. IxTJs are calm and steady and IxTPs have that cool logic and quiet gentle Fe.

Enneagram-wise, 2s and 9s. 2s are warm and embracing, and 9s are level-headed and harmonizing.
I agree. I've found that INTP 9's are the best for me.

Starry

INTJ/ENTJ 5, 6, 8 and ENFP 7

edit: whoops ^^just noticed I'm supposed to explain why as well...

Ummm...I just know I'm not going to be judged for things that are completely meaningless to me. That mean nothing to me in the grand scheme of things. <--having said that I should add IxTP 5, 9 and INFJ/ENFJ if they are 6w5.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i haven't had the pleasure of knowing each personality type intimately unfortunately but from those i have known i'd say infp and infj.

i feel at ease with lots of people...especially other enfps but i don't know that they calm me down...they actually might give me more energy...fun creative fun energy that i love but not really calming in the way infx are. i actually feel my naturally sort of manic mental energy slow down and feel settled in their presence. when my infp bf and i were first getting to know each other we talked about that actually....he feels like i lift his mood and give him energy and i feel like he settles mine. it's cool.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
but since this is a serious question... the type most common within the people who are the best at calming me down...

This made me giggle happily.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
T people or more correctly, outwardly T people, for me.

The outwardly F types stress me. I'm not sure why, and since I'm not obviously an F type myself, I don't think I'm so satisfying to them. I notice birds of a feather flock together (just reflecting on work-mate companions, this seems to be the case).

TJ people, most of all, calm me down, perhaps because they are so capable or project that they are capable. My SO is an INTJ (though he can be extremely difficult too) and one workmate is an ENTJ and I think he's grand - he's sort of a know-it-all but can laugh at himself, and is very respectful, which is a nice combination.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
T people or more correctly, outwardly T people, for me.

The outwardly F types stress me. I'm not sure why, and since I'm not obviously an F type myself, I don't think I'm so satisfying to them. I notice birds of a feather flock together (just reflecting on work-mate companions, this seems to be the case).

TJ people, most of all, calm me down, perhaps because they are so capable or project that they are capable. My SO is an INTJ (though he can be extremely difficult too) and one workmate is an ENTJ and I think he's grand - he's sort of a know-it-all but can laugh at himself, and is very respectful, which is a nice combination.

Agreed. INTJs are fantastic. I don't think I've met any ENTJs but they sound fun. :)

S

Society

i feel at ease with lots of people...especially other enfps but i don't know that they calm me down...

hmm.. i've noticed a distinct lack of any kind of ExxP types mentioned throughout the thread... :unsure:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm.. i've noticed a distinct lack of any kind of ExxP types mentioned throughout the thread... :unsure:

Yeah, I think we give off more of a frenetic energy a lot of times. Maybe we'd have a better showing in a thread about which type makes you feel the most excited :D

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I think we give off more of a frenetic energy a lot of times. Maybe we'd have a better showing in a thread about which type makes you feel the most excited :D
Yes, exciting, fun, or even just encouraging/supportive. I don't expect calming/grounding from my ENFP friend, though I suspect I provide this to her from time to time.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
enfj`s are great discussing problems with. I always feel better after and intp`s are just as wonderful with breaking things down. these 2 usually calm me down.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It depends on what is revving me up. In general, IXTPs calm me down, and EXFJs help provide comfort (assuming I have the types right).

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I am usually the one helping someone else calm down.
When I am upset, I need to get away from people...all of them...and figure things out. I don't like to talk about my problems. However, if I have to be with someone during a time when I am upset, I prefer it to be someone who doesn't require me to talk and who doesn't do any talking. For example, when my brother died, a boy from my class saw me sitting on the steps alone. He just came over and laid his hand on mine. He never said a word, but just sat beside me until the bell rang. He spent his break sitting in silence with me. That was enough.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My husband is my human xanax- so I will have to say ESFJ. My drama, fears and anxiety are deflated by him in a nanosecond. I go from thinking the sky is falling to, "Oh. Ok. Let's go grab a pizza." Thank God for him. My family is nuts (and so is his) but together we are insanely sane.